• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Why am I the ONLY one that actually LIKES Impidimp?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know what a 'pseudo-legendary' is but as long as I can still catch it and use it I don't care. 😍
    Basically there's a Pokemon every generation that gets the designation of "pseudo-legendary", which is iirc not an official term but a widely-used fan one. Generally the criteria for being considered one is being a three-stage evolution line with the final form having a BST of exactly 600. They're typically not common Pokemon either. The idea being that they're legendary-like in their power level and rarity, although not quite on the same level as real Legendary Pokemon, hence the pseudo.

Atm the current pseudo legendaries are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    If he was a legendary, we would know from the stats. I really don't think he is a pseudo or legendary. I just think he is a random pokemon. If he is, fine. But to me, he will be one of the worst looking pokemon.

I am not a fan of humanoid pokemon and I was never a huge fan of Impmon, which he also reminds me off. To me, all he is is a non ghostly version of Sableye which is another pokemon I just don't like. Honestly, they look so much alike, I wouldn't be surprised if they linked them together in the lore, similar to Durant and Heatmor and Seviper and Zangoose. Especially since they are Ghost/Dark and Fairy/Dark.

As for the hate. Yeah it sucks, but people just don't like it. Similar to how Vanilite line was in Unova, which was one of my favorite lines.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Basically there's a Pokemon every generation that gets the designation of "pseudo-legendary", which is iirc not an official term but a widely-used fan one. Generally the criteria for being considered one is being a three-stage evolution line with the final form having a BST of exactly 600. They're typically not common Pokemon either. The idea being that they're legendary-like in their power level and rarity, although not quite on the same level as real Legendary Pokemon, hence the pseudo.

Atm the current pseudo legendaries are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o.

That's just more reason for me to get it and use it and REK everyone. 😈

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Spoiler:

😍

Last edited:
    Years
    You're not the only one, I'm in love with his design. Looks like the tricky devil from Dragon Quest XI.

Last edited:
    Back