• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do we ROM-hack?

Do you love hacking? Please be honest......

• Yeah, I sure do!

Votes: 598 91.7%
  • Nah... Not interested...

Votes: 39 6.0%
  • I Just Wanna Play Hacks

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

I always had a dream to make my very own Pokémon game. Me and my sister imagined this since we were young. Time passed and I lost my Leafgreen, Firered and Emerald T_T. Now all what remained was my ruby. One day, I was looking online for vedios of Pokémon Ruby. I found a vedio called Pokémon Ruby Destiny xxxxxx. 'Huh? What is ruby destiny another new Pokémon game?!' I clicked play, and I found the game nice. I kept searching, then I found: Pokemon Ruby Destiny- Reign of Legends on The Pokécommunity forums.. I discovered everything that moment. I played Ruby Destiny (MAN! RUBY's TRASH TO THAT STUFF!) :). I found the best game I have ever played on GBA. So, I decided to make my own for other people to enjoy playing. It was very fun. I began learning step by step until it seemed now that I can do Shade Mew solo. I hack for fun. That's all.

Also, my dream is to be a Computer Programmer. This trains me up.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Why we do hacks?
    That's very hard question to answer...
    My opinion is that I wanna try how much I can do and also make other pokemon fans happy that they can play something what they never saw.
    Also I like to work in team and Rom-hacking is sure something what ya should do in team.
    And the last thing is people here at PC especially you djg. I want to use the moments I'm here to learn new things.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I rom-hack because i saw someone called patland12345 from youtube it seemed fun so i found some lessons on there then i realised i needed a lot of programs and i learned to rom-hack by the time it was my birthday which was 9 months ago but i still need more lessons for:
    1.scripting(crashes when i go into them)
    2.text editing
    If anyone can teach me PM me

Genesis_1234

We're all crazy...To a degree.
    Years
    Why?

Why? For several reasons. Because I'm totally new at this. Because I want to enrich my mind with unique and interesting knowledge. Because I want a challenge (after I finish the official Pokemon games). And most importantly, because I've played so many hacks, and I wanted to contribute to the great realm of rom-hacking, for it has benefited me greatly.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    A creative output. Something to do. Programming experience. Learn your way around computers. Skills with paint! There' s so many perks to hacking... not to mention its fun and perfectly legal!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Well when I was 10 I looked on youtube for some pokemon cheats and to my surprise I found pokemon shiny gold as the most viewed so I looked at it and it said it was a pokemon "hack" so then I started looking up video's on pokemon hacks but I couldn't get WinRAR since my parent's wouldn't let me

2 years later I got my own computer a windows vista so I finaly started to ROM hack this was about the same time I started to do spriting
    I did very basic things like editing. It's been almost a year now and I certainly surpased my nooby days.

So Really if you love what you do keep on doing it~

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
    Hmmmm....

Before I Start, I'd Like To Say, Yes, I Hack, No, I'm No Good, And No, I Will Probably Never Get To The Point Where I Make A Decent One And Release It.

Now, I Guess I Started Hacking When I Got VBA, I Played A Bit, Then Got Bored, Back Then Thought Putting In AR Codes Was Called "Hacking" So I Searched For "Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Hacks" And Boom, I Start Finding Hacks To Play, Then I Wished I Could Make My Own, And I Find AdvanceMap/Text/Mart/Starter And All That Other Stuff.

Now If Only I Could Script.....:disappoin

dracoseeker1

Graphics editor
    Years
    Ive always wanted to make a game called pokemon fables: the all seeing eye. it has 6 main islands that you travel through you can obtain all legendaries and 3 new ones. the main legendary in the game is Foraga. its two regular are blind, but it has an eye on his head with the ability to see into the past, and future, and just about everything else. to get to his temple, you need to have the light amulet, wich you get if you defeat Yingara, and the dark amulet, wich you get if you defeat Yangarus. Ive drawn the whole game on graphing paper, but i dont have the skill to do it on advanced map. ive loved pokemon ever sinse i was little, it was always one of my goals to make a pokemon game. i just need better skills at advanced map. that is why i want to Rom hack.

watch for pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of the sky in stores everybody! woohoo! XD

all my friends are pokemon geeks as well and being able to qwork together with all of my friends on this game would be amazing, getting to know them better and such. but the main reason i want to rom hack is to show people what i can do because i have never been good at anything, i want to show people what a 12 year olds mind can do.

I think my reason for hacking is that when I started (in 2004/2005) I was curious I was just surfing the internet looking for pokemon stuff...
    I found a so called ROM and I played it on my VBA loved it..:D
    But as soon as I tried to find more ROMs I found non official pokmon games...
    Then I tried to find info about that and so oon I got involved in hacking and I loved it (still do) and I never stopped its my nr. 1 hobby..XD So the readon is I think computer addiction and my love for pokemon...and out of that comes rom hacking...

I think I will be hacking pokemon untill I get bored of it (never) or get to old to do it..XD

Holy crap its a sugimori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back