• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you think the game is called Legends Z-A?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • It may come off as surprising to some that the return to Kalos isn't called Z, but rather Z-A. There could be multiple cases of what the game's title could be representing, or how it will play into the plot, like with PLA's case where Arceus played a major role in the game's plot and was the player's ultimate objective.

What do you think the game's title may be referring to? I have a feeling it may be a possible reference to AZ, and that we could potentially get an expansion of his lore.

Years
  • I have mainly three reasons: referencing AZ, referencing the beginning and the end like ORAS (alpha and omega), hinting at a new Legendary/form. In any case, there's gonna be a focus not only on Zygarde imo.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Because they ran out of good naming ideas years ago lol. :p (let me be clear, I'm super interested in the game itself, WAY more than I was S/V when it was announced, but regardless of why they named it that, the name's dumb as hell to me)

Phininja

Hehehehe
    Days
  • I think that we will get a new legendary that is the opposite of Zygarde, the Chaos Pokémon, just like how Yveltal and Xerneas were opposites

Also if you look at the hyphen closely, Xerneas and Yveltal are represented in the hyphen as their are tiny specs of red and blue

Finally, I think that the new A legendary will have types that counteract Zygarde's and will be at least part grass type

Years
  • Z references Pokemon Z and A references Arceus, who I assume will be a reoccurring character throughout the series. It could also imply AZ will be making a return as well, but I personally doubt it.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Potentially, they could come up with a better name for the game. Legends zygarde could be a better name, but zygarde is just a normal legendary pokemon compared to arceus. (Unsure about arceus's mythical status.) A could stand for a forth unseen pokemon that'll be the new legendary much like what they did for enamorus in legends Arceus. "A" will play a bigger role in legends 2.

Years
  • I always felt Legends Zygarde would have been a fitting name too instead. Hm, wonder what A even means. I guess we'll find out.

Back