• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Do You Watch the Anime?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • If you're visiting this forum, then there is a good chance that you watch the Pokémon anime. What got you interested in the anime? Why do you continue to watch it? What do you look forward to when watching a brand new episode? Discuss anything about your weekly enjoyment of the anime here~

This thread only applies to those who currently watch the anime. If you used to watch it but stopped, post in the "Still Watching?" thread. If you have never watched it, feel free to create a thread about why you never watched it, as long as you stay reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What got me interested in Pokémon anime is how interesting it is general (or so I find it to be). Have ran into it when I was about six or so while watching Cartoon Network, and have been following ever since.

Of all seasons that we've had so far, I'd say my most favorite would be Advance series. Would tune into Kids' WB every Saturday morning just so I could watch, and if I wind up missing any episode (which would rarely happen), I'd instantly make up for it by viewing online. Second favorite is original, with Diamond and Pearl being my third. As for least, I'd say I have none. Did sort of dislike BW, but it was still pretty unique in its own way.

I've yet to watch XY, but hopefully, I'll get into it soon! Well, I did see one episode, actually, but only about ten minutes of it, so that doesn't exactly count.

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
  • I've been a big fan of the anime since i was young, I would say that it is what started my interest in Pokemon. I would think that i have seen every episode that has been released, except maybe the odd one or two i may have missed.

I guess i continue to watch it because I have grown up somewhat with Ash (well, I have, he hasn't) and I've become invested in his character and his journey. I also like to see how each of the new regions that we see in the games are portrayed by the anime. Especially the personality of gym leaders, Pokemon that Ash catches, any new partners etc. I'm also determined to watch it until Ash finally wins a league, here's hoping Kalos is his time.

Currently i look forward to watching it every week because I want to see where the whole Ash/Serena thing is going, I'm also a big fan of Mega-Evolution and i like how the story is developing in that regards. I'm pulling for Ash to have a Mega-evolution in the not too distant future!

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • I only ever watch the anime so that I won't miss anything important which happens. For example, I missed the Team Galactic arc in DP and watched it months later after release. I hope that something interesting does happen in the future related with Team Flare, hopefully some sort of storyline linked in with what occured in the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I was going through a difficult period in my life, so when I first started rewatching it it was like a form of escapism for me. I started with kanto as it brought back all the memories of when I was in school when it first aired and I knew all the pokemon so thats what got me re-hooked. I've just carried on from there and the only season I've not watched in its entirety yet is Sinnoh (which I'm working through now). I love the Anime, I love the gym battles, the evolutions and ash & pikachu. My biggest passion in life was WWE, but pokemon has well taken over from that and that's due to the Anime.

It helped me through a tough time and I'm glad I have rediscovered my love for Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Because we are simple human being who want to see the end of the thing we Once started !
    Bay be Because , Some of us believe ''Six Time might be the charm''.

Years
  • It's hard for me to drop this series despite the animation being really mediocre most of the time and the plot of most episodes being tedious at this point (constant Team Rocket interference, etc). I love seeing my favorite 'lil creatures animated as well as the main characters who show up along the way. Their personalities can really pull me in! Aaand then there's the music which can be pretty awesome.

So basically I watch for the Pokemon, trainers, and occasionally the story. Though lately I've been skimming through them more than I should. :(

Back