• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why don't you play online (more)?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I don't play online much. Generally, even in online games, I go solo unless I'm in the mood to play locally. Online play is pretty rare unless I'm pulled into into something by friends. I suppose part of this came from the fact that I grew up on games that placed emphasis on story and/or gameplay rather that holding the player in with a less progressive, more persistent system, so the appeal isn't as strong for me.

Well I did grow up on The Sims, but I digress.

But I'm not the only one. Is there any reason you prefer offline experiences to online ones? Or, if you do play online regularly, is there any reason that you don't do it more than you do currently?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    I play a lot of shooters. I am not happy with the gameplay of a lot of shooters that have come out recently. Plus I prefer co-op experiences which are becoming rare now-a-days.

That and the focus on eSports type playing has really turned me away from online gaming. I've met too many competitive douches even in casual games. You know you don't have this problem in co-op.

That is all I really have to say on this right now.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
    I don't play online too much because, aside from not owning many online-capable games, I'm not that competitive. I much prefer co-op games than games that pit you against other players.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
    I have mixed feelings about online games, mostly because I only play online with OR/AS, Minecraft and Guild Wars 2, where it's kind of a semi-unstable environment. OR/AS- one connection mishap shuts you down for half an hour. Minecraft is notorious for lag issues (Or at least on my computer), and in an MMO like GW, if you don't stick with the party, you get separated. Or you just solo it anyway.

Years
    I used to play online games with much higher frequency. Nowadays I mostly just play co-op multiplayer, since my time is so limited and unpredictable that it's very difficult to arrange a meet-up with friends.

I would love to get much to online, semi-competitive gaming with a group of friends, but I don't have enough time to devote to it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I pretty much play exclusively online, actually. the biggest thing I look for in a game is online capability and preferably PvP modes. I love online shooters such as Overwatch and Team Fortress 2.

I find it a lot more fun to be in a mumble channel with my friends and making jokes or talking strats as opposed to playing solo for the storyline. unless the game is really good, that'll bore me.

Years
    Unless playing with friends, playing multiplayer games is usually complete hell because of a lot of immature people online. Also I hate losing for reasons outside my control.

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
    The main reason i don't play online is because i get too competitive, but since every online game i find is already developed, i feel like i'm years behind and i could never catch up so i don't try.
    I used to play LoL a lot, but i don't like depending so much in a team full of strangers that are either toxic or silent, so you don't talk. I love League when playing with my friends though, because it's really different, if you make a mistake is all laughs, do it when solo, and you're flamed to death.

Guest123_x1

I've never done online multiplayer, and don't really care for it. It's not as easy to know what the other player is doing if you're not sitting right next to him/her.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I love co-op games, especially couch co-op, but only when you can play the story with your buddy. I don't like games without progression much, stuff like CSGO or LoL/Dota where you just play the same game all over. Usually I play those once every six months and uninstall them after that session haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I love co-op games, especially couch co-op, but only when you can play the story with your buddy. I don't like games without progression much, stuff like CSGO or LoL/Dota where you just play the same game all over. Usually I play those once every six months and uninstall them after that session haha.
    ...Zeta, sometimes I really wonder if we aren't actually the same person.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    If people constantly complain that they cannot enjoy online multiplayer because of always having shitty teammates and toxic people in their team all the damn time, they simple suck at the game and should just move out respectfully and silently, since their opinions don't matter when they suck dick and use their lack of their ability to win as an excuse of why this game has a poor community bs.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    How would you define a gameplay-based game, OP? Isn't that what MP games are in its purest expression? With that in mind I wouldn't cite a preference for strong gameplay as a motive for avoiding MP, you see.

I don't play online more because I can't handle fleeting interpersonal conflicts. I'd like to play Dota, but only if I can 5-man with friends, and I don't have that many friends, let alone ones interested in playing a particular game... or any game I play myself.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Other than the fact I don't have Xbox Live Membership/PlayStation Plus I don't have a lot of Online multiplayer games. I'm fine playing Fallout and Skyrim solo anyway :)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    If people constantly complain that they cannot enjoy online multiplayer because of always having shitty teammates and toxic people in their team all the damn time, they simple suck at the game and should just move out respectfully and silently, since their opinions don't matter when they suck dick and use their lack of their ability to win as an excuse of why this game has a poor community bs.

Well, that simply isn't true.

I don't whinge and whine much when I'm with randoms, but the amount of times I've had to carry a team on BF4 where only me and maybe two others out of 16 players on our team are going for the objective whilst 13 people snipe or spawn camp is beyond counting. Having even three other players you know will 90% of the time bring you a victory because theres so many bad players in the community.

Also dude, its a pokemon forum, did you really need to bypass the filter? Was there no other words you could of used?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back