• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why they dont bring back Misty

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Speaking only for myself here, Kasumi's major problem insofar as what she's done in the show can be summed up with her exit at the end of the OS. It's a great episode but the way she just leaves with no build up, no final statement on everything she's accomplished on her journey to become a Water Pokémon Master demonstrates how little the writers seemed to really care about it.

The issue with Kasumi's activity (or lack thereof) to me isn't so much that she didn't get focus episodes to shine but that outside of perhaps the Whirl Cup few of them really seemed to mean anything, and the ones not directly related to capturing or evolving Pokémon just blended in with the rest of Jouto's filler episodes. When I compare it to someone like Haruka who had the Pokémon Contests and ribbons to collect and measure her progress against, rivals to bounce off of, and an actual endgame in the Grand Festival, whose final exit from the show was foreshadowed a few episodes in advance in a more believable way, and who had one final Contest battle with Satoshi as a way of ending her tenure in AG, Kasumi doesn't come across that impressively.

That's why the fact that Haruka ultimately replaced Kasumi doesn't really bother me. I'd rather watch the Contests and see her collect the ribbons, which I really think went a long way towards improving the franchise after what I felt was a very tedious Jouto saga, then the occasional episode where Kasumi does something that's more than likely not going to be referenced in the future.

I don't think I'd be wrong in getting the impression that perhaps the Kasumi fans here don't really care about stuff like that to the extent, and (assuming I'm correct) that's fine. We all watch this franchise for different reasons and it's entirely possible to still enjoy Kasumi, what she brought to the anime, the way she bounced off Satoshi and Takeshi, etc. And if that's how one looks at it, then Kasumi's episodes and what she accomplished in them will probably stand out far more.

Problem is when you get down to it, even Ash collecting badges is probably not even going to mean much in the future when they barely even reference his exploits. Heck, when doing the Battle Frontier, there's barely any references to his accomplishments or any revisits beyond Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, and Pallet Town, and this was despite Battle Frontier actually being located in Kanto. In fact, a few times, they even contradict it as well. Heck, how does AG even mean anything at all when Ash doesn't even improve at all as far as rankings are concerned, Battle Frontier and his victory there proved to be utterly pointless after Gary, who unlike Ash hadn't even been training at all and in fact became a researcher taking after his grandpa and retired from Pokémon Leagues, managed to defeat Pikachu despite the latter taking down a friggin Regice with minimal effort, heck, even May's goal of being Top Coordinator proved to be pointless because she was just replaced with someone who would do her job anyways instead of actually having her go to Sinnoh, showing that Pokémon Contests were even more pointless than Misty's Water Pokémon Master goal. I mean, honestly, they can't replace Ash for another trainer to do the same thing he already does, yet they think it's perfectly alright to replace May with Dawn just to have the latter do the same goal? Not that I like May or Dawn, but it's much more pragmatic to actually have May got to Sinnoh to do Contests there than simply replace her with Dawn. Honestly, at least Iris had some distinction in the goal compared to Misty, even if it was just Dragons instead of Water-Types, not to mention appeared long after Misty's departure that it wouldn't have even mattered anyways. Dawn got exactly the same goal, retreading through it without any distinctions other than possibly Jessie (or rather, Jessilina) actually being a skilled Coordinator who wins fairly instead of relying on cheating.

And the only reason why Misty's goal seemed uneventful was because they removed her prematurely (hence why it came as being abrupt). If they had her stick around in Hoenn, I guarantee you that they definitely would give her far more use for her, especially when Hoenn, unlike Johto or any other regions before it or afterwards, actually had more water types and even was more water than land, even having a water-based villainous team, heck, even had a water-type be a major Legendary of the generation, a perfect opportunity for character development with Surskit, and even have the Manaphy Movie have Misty develop there as well. Heck, they could even have her enter a Pokémon Contest (not regularly, once should suffice) in order to advertise Feebas' evolution into Milotic. There was plenty they could have done with her when they got to Hoenn.

What's worse, aside from the eyecandy thing (which shows the writers really don't care about the female characters starting with May actually having a use beyond fanservice), another reason for removing her was because they chose Team Rocket to be retained, and that proved to be an absolutely horrid choice because they actually proved themselves to be extremely ineffective in AG and DP as villains, only showing how stupid Ash and co. are especially with their disguises (honestly, at least with Kanto and even Johto to some extent, the disguises were at least good enough to actually pass as someone else instead of being so bad you don't even need to look two ways to deduce who they were), and not even being genuine threats most of the time. Heck, just replace them with Team Magma, especially considering how Pikachu basically proved to bond well with the Red Orb and command Groudon in the climax of the Hoenn saga, and thus would have given them an actual motive for capturing Pikachu and thus make Team Rocket's presence completely unnecessary. Honestly, at least Johto did still have them being genuine threats most of the time.

And BTW, the episodes where Misty does something were not merely "occasional." In fact, she actually got more of those than even Kanto.

Besides, she at least had a lot more to do in Johto than Brock did, and this was despite Johto actually introducing breeding into the games. I also got irritated with some of his "Brock-centric" episodes establishing why exactly he was needed in the party due to their blatantly contradicting some stuff in terms of characters and plot. Take the episode where Brock got sick, for example. You expect me to believe that Misty, a person who was implied to have cooked their meals during their (according to Showdown at Pewter City) 13 days in Viridian Forest (and believe me, she definitely had to be good enough of a cook to ensure they lived that long, especially when Ash definitely couldn't have done it well), not to mention actually saved her group from Stun Spore with Salveyo Weed, heck, even Jessie with cooperation from James and Meowth, would be as bad of a cook as to botch a meal when Brock was sick, not to mention there was artwork of her on a trading card basically cooking a pot? Come on, there's definitely no way she'd enter lethal chef territory with those credentials. Now, would they be gourmet-style meals? Maybe not, but at the very least they would be good enough to actually satisfy people if they have to camp out overtime instead of being flat out inedible. Or how about the Pachirisu gets sick episode, which BTW had Ash not being able to recognize Pachirisu's having a cold despite having to deal with such a situation with Pikachu twice beforehand, and both Pachirisu and Pikachu actually having extremely similar anatomy (namely the electric cheeks). Heck, his return in AG basically contradicted the group doing just fine without him in the Orange Islands regarding not getting supplies.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have no idea why they aren't bringing her back. She is the most popular of all female characters that have been traveling with Ash. I would love to see Ash, Brock and Misty travel again at some point in future, and i think we will. Since creators of the show are so greedy, they will have anime go on forever, and with that said, i think there is a really good chance that we will see the original trio back again.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Problem is when you get down to it, even Ash collecting badges is probably not even going to mean much in the future when they barely even reference his exploits.
    But Satoshi's badges mean plenty to the region that he's currently going through, since they're what gets him into the League and the Gym battles used to earn them can measure the progress of his growing Pokémon team. They don't mean much afterwards, because we're talking about an entirely new region and a mostly new team of Pokémon for Satoshi to grow with, but they have a clear purpose in what they do and Satoshi has something to work towards with them. My problem with Kasumi is that her journey didn't have that.

Heck, how does AG even mean anything at all when Ash doesn't even improve at all as far as rankings are concerned, Battle Frontier and his victory there proved to be utterly pointless after Gary, who unlike Ash hadn't even been training at all and in fact became a researcher taking after his grandpa and retired from Pokémon Leagues, managed to defeat Pikachu despite the latter taking down a friggin Regice with minimal effort, heck, even May's goal of being Top Coordinator proved to be pointless because she was just replaced with someone who would do her job anyways instead of actually having her go to Sinnoh, showing that Pokémon Contests were even more pointless than Misty's Water Pokémon Master goal.
    I don't want to revisit this argument again, and this isn't even the right thread for it, but I'll just note that no one said Shigeru couldn't still be training. He stopped competing in Pokémon Leagues, but there is nothing that prevents him from battling or still knowing how to battle. Satoshi isn't the only trainer out there who can improve. That said...

Haruka's journey wasn't pointless. Aside from being the best part of AG, IMHO, it was through that journey that she grew into a more empowered character who ended that show ready to step out and go on a journey on her own. She bonded with her Pokémon, feuded with her rivals, and competed in two Grand Festivals - improving her own ranking between the two. Haruka didn't achieve her goal in the end, but she left AG with a sense that she was a stronger Coordinator that she began.

Diamond & Pearl even used this to great effect when it brought Haruka back and used her experience to help develop Hikari. I would argue that Haruka's journey meant more to AG than Kasumi's in the entire OS (or Satoshi's AG journey for that matter). Whatever the nature of Kasumi's growth might have been, the writers didn't do anywhere near as much with her journey as they did with Haruka's.

I mean, honestly, they can't replace Ash for another trainer to do the same thing he already does, yet they think it's perfectly alright to replace May with Dawn just to have the latter do the same goal? Not that I like May or Dawn, but it's much more pragmatic to actually have May got to Sinnoh to do Contests there than simply replace her with Dawn.
    But if anything, Satoshi is a great demonstration of why it's good that Haruka's (and Kasumi's) time was so limited. Would you really want to see Haruka continue to start over with a new team of Pokémon each new region, and have to go through the challenges of earning her ribbons over and over again like we have to do with Satoshi and his Gym badges? Would you really want Haruka and her journey to become stale like Satoshi and his have?

I don't think it's a problem that Kasumi got replaced, the problem is that Kasumi didn't accomplish much towards her goal when she was actually around for 270+ episodes. If the writers could do what they did with Haruka in 192 episodes, then they should have been able to do the same for Kasumi. And if Satoshi and the Rocket trio haven't benefitted from sticking around as long as they have, why would Kasumi or Haruka?

Dawn got exactly the same goal, retreading through it without any distinctions other than possibly Jessie (or rather, Jessilina) actually being a skilled Coordinator who wins fairly instead of relying on cheating.
    Hikari may have had the same goal as Haruka did, but there were plenty of differences in the way they both progressed in that time, outside of Musalina. Haruka didn't go through two losses in the Appeal Round and the fallout from them and an arc with a disobedient Pokémon, not to mention that their rivals and Pokémon were far different. But that's a discussion for another thread.

And the only reason why Misty's goal seemed uneventful was because they removed her prematurely (hence why it came as being abrupt).
    But again, the writers had 270+ episodes to tell a story around Kasumi. Haruka, Hikari, Iris, and Serena all had and will have less, and at least two (three, if you count Iris; and at this point, I'd even throw Serena in that category as well) of them had more eventful journeys than she did. The writers could have done much more with Kasumi in that time than they did, and didn't. That's not an issue of removing her prematurely, that's an issue of not making the most of the time that Kasumi actually had - which was more than any of Satoshi and Pikachu's other traveling companions outside of Takeshi and the Rockets.

If they had her stick around in Hoenn, I guarantee you that they definitely would give her far more use for her, especially when Hoenn, unlike Johto or any other regions before it or afterwards, actually had more water types and even was more water than land, even having a water-based villainous team, heck, even had a water-type be a major Legendary of the generation, a perfect opportunity for character development with Surskit, and even have the Manaphy Movie have Misty develop there as well.
    These could make for interesting episodes, but there's no guarantee that keeping Kasumi into Houen would have improved her. The fact that the writers couldn't do much with her journey in the time she did have, that they never did much with Takeshi at all, and that they stopped doing anything new with Satoshi in the last four years or so would suggest to me that Kasumi wouldn't benefit much from it.

And BTW, the episodes where Misty does something were not merely "occasional." In fact, she actually got more of those than even Kanto.
    "Does something" was a bad choice of words. She did play a significant role in quite a few episodes.

But for what it's worth, I checked the list of Kasumi-focused episodes on Bulbapedia here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_focusing_on_Misty. Out of OS episodes total (not counting AG or the specials), there were about 41 episodes centered around Kasumi. For Jouto alone, that was 20 episodes listed as being focused around her. If that list is correct (and I can't be bothered to search every episode to verify it exactly, so I'll let you be the judge of that), then Kasumi episodes were very occasional.

Not that that should matter to how much one enjoys Kasumi, of course.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    But Satoshi's badges mean plenty to the region that he's currently going through, since they're what gets him into the League and the Gym battles used to earn them can measure the progress of his growing Pokémon team. They don't mean much afterwards, because we're talking about an entirely new region and a mostly new team of Pokémon for Satoshi to grow with, but they have a clear purpose in what they do and Satoshi has something to work towards with them. My problem with Kasumi is that her journey didn't have that.

Yeah, and in AG, they didn't even have a meaning there, either, even during the region, since he stayed at Top 8. If he, I don't know, got Top 4 in Hoenn, it might have at least made his entire trek through Hoenn mean something. Heck, even if he decreased to Top 16, although it definitely would have been received poorly, it at least would have allowed for an actual distinction from Johto.

Haruka's journey wasn't pointless. Aside from being the best part of AG, IMHO, it was through that journey that she grew into a more empowered character who ended that show ready to step out and go on a journey on her own. She bonded with her Pokémon, feuded with her rivals, and competed in two Grand Festivals - improving her own ranking between the two. Haruka didn't achieve her goal in the end, but she left AG with a sense that she was a stronger Coordinator that she began.

Yeah, and it gets completely recycled with Dawn anyways (well, save for doing more than one GF, though that's only because unlike AG, they stuck with only one region), which actually does make it pointless. At least Iris had her doing Dragon Types instead of Water Types to actually give distinction between herself and Misty, even if it isn't much. If you're going to bother making a new character for a new series and have the returning cast, the least they can do is actually make sure that are distinct from the previous character, especially in goals so that they don't come across as a clone.

Diamond & Pearl even used this to great effect when it brought Haruka back and used her experience to help develop Hikari. I would argue that Haruka's journey meant more to AG than Kasumi's in the entire OS (or Satoshi's AG journey for that matter). Whatever the nature of Kasumi's growth might have been, the writers didn't do anywhere near as much with her journey as they did with Haruka's.

Well, obviously May's journey meant more to AG than Misty did to Ash's journey, considering that Misty was absent while May was there, but that's not the point. In fact, Dawn effectively acted as a crutch to May. She's basically May 2.0. And if Contests really were that important, they either would have kept May for DP, or otherwise made sure to replace Ash for Gym Battles just to highlight how important and how much of a point they actually have.

But if anything, Satoshi is a great demonstration of why it's good that Haruka's (and Kasumi's) time was so limited. Would you really want to see Haruka continue to start over with a new team of Pokémon each new region, and have to go through the challenges of earning her ribbons over and over again like we have to do with Satoshi and his Gym badges? Would you really want Haruka and her journey to become stale like Satoshi and his have?

Considering the Gym Battles and Leagues are literally the crux of the show, heck, even the games (since that's what leads to the end-credits), if it actually proves them to actually have a point, at least until Contests are gone in Generation V, yes, they definitely need to do that to show that contests aren't disposable to the Anime.

I don't think it's a problem that Kasumi got replaced, the problem is that Kasumi didn't accomplish much towards her goal when she was actually around for 270+ episodes. If the writers could do what they did with Haruka in 192 episodes, then they should have been able to do the same for Kasumi. And if Satoshi and the Rocket trio haven't benefitted from sticking around as long as they have, why would Kasumi or Haruka?

She still accomplished far more compared to Brock, at least.

Hikari may have had the same goal as Haruka did, but there were plenty of differences in the way they both progressed in that time, outside of Musalina. Haruka didn't go through two losses in the Appeal Round and the fallout from them and an arc with a disobedient Pokémon, not to mention that their rivals and Pokémon were far different. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Having a different team of Pokémon isn't the same as them actually being different. After all, Ritchie had a Butterfree while Ash didn't (or more accurately, no longer had), not to mention a Charmander that hadn't evolved yet while Ash had a Charizard, yet Ritchie is still referred to derisively as an Ash clone. Also, her rivals were actually little different than May's, heck, both even had a friendly rival with some odd characteristics and an extremely spiteful rival who would do anything, even cheat, just to make them suffer. Both even had Jessie as a recurring rival. The only thing truly different between them is that May managed to do two Grand Festivals, while Dawn only had one before she left.

But again, the writers had 270+ episodes to tell a story around Kasumi. Haruka, Hikari, Iris, and Serena all had and will have less, and at least two (three, if you count Iris; and at this point, I'd even throw Serena in that category as well) of them had more eventful journeys than she did. The writers could have done much more with Kasumi in that time than they did, and didn't. That's not an issue of removing her prematurely, that's an issue of not making the most of the time that Kasumi actually had - which was more than any of Satoshi and Pikachu's other traveling companions outside of Takeshi and the Rockets.

More eventful? Look, Misty did plenty of stuff, several of which as DBZ Fan pointed out, actually directly related to her goal, and even had more of that than in Kanto. And that includes captures and the episode that explained her goals.

These could make for interesting episodes, but there's no guarantee that keeping Kasumi into Houen would have improved her. The fact that the writers couldn't do much with her journey in the time she did have, that they never did much with Takeshi at all, and that they stopped doing anything new with Satoshi in the last four years or so would suggest to me that Kasumi wouldn't benefit much from it.

Maybe not, but it would have at least given her plenty of stuff to do, and actually allow progress for her.

"Does something" was a bad choice of words. She did play a significant role in quite a few episodes.

But for what it's worth, I checked the list of Kasumi-focused episodes on Bulbapedia here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_focusing_on_Misty. Out of OS episodes total (not counting AG or the specials), there were about 41 episodes centered around Kasumi. For Jouto alone, that was 20 episodes listed as being focused around her. If that list is correct (and I can't be bothered to search every episode to verify it exactly, so I'll let you be the judge of that), then Kasumi episodes were very occasional.

Misty-centric and playing a significant role qualify as the same thing, just as it qualifies for Ash, Brock, heck, any main character with any episodes centric to them.

I have no idea why they aren't bringing her back. She is the most popular of all female characters that have been traveling with Ash. I would love to see Ash, Brock and Misty travel again at some point in future, and i think we will. Since creators of the show are so greedy, they will have anime go on forever, and with that said, i think there is a really good chance that we will see the original trio back again.

I would have used cynical, especially when some of their actions (like their thinking a girl character only means something when they are sexually exploitive via eyecandy and dressup regarding the male audience instead of actual character) point more to that direction. That being said, I agree.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I wonder why some people say that Misty is not good enough for the contests and how she is not an EYE CANDY cause I find her super attractive. I know beauty is subjective but still is misty that bad looking than Serena Dawn and May ? I really dont know. however its the personality of her that remains untouched unparalleled. Misty has the best personality of all pokegirls and arguably even better than Ash.She has the variety of all kinds of emotions, fighting spirit, tenderness, rage, love everything you can ask for. what I like about her most is the fact that how she shows to the world "she is a very angry tough girl " but the real Misty is not like that The real Misty is full of softness and love. Even her face is full of love and care.
    Anyways I know it is very frustating for me and other loyal Misty fans that she is gone for 8 years from the show. I wonder why pokemon franchise treats Misty fans like crap, like we never existed ?
    Good to see some loyal Misty fans out here like weedle_mchairybug and DBZ fan.
    well I am 20. I quit watching pokemon when Misty left when I was about 13 years old. After 7 years of exile I got back into pokemon when I saw some repeats of pokemon season 1 recently. Unfortunately I dont see a very healthy chance of a returning Misty.
    One of the reasons for that is every season takes 4 years which is awfully big.At this rate Misty may be back after 40/50 years.
    I just wish I get the chance of watching Misty in pokemon for a full season before my life ends.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I have no idea why they aren't bringing her back. She is the most popular of all female characters that have been traveling with Ash. I would love to see Ash, Brock and Misty travel again at some point in future, and i think we will. Since creators of the show are so greedy, they will have anime go on forever, and with that said, i think there is a really good chance that we will see the original trio back again.

What type of logic are you working on? Its been 12 years in real life since Misty was written off and she hasn't had an actual cameo in the anime since the AG era. (which in itself is nearly a decade ago)

Considering the writers also finally got rid of Brock, I have no clue why you would ever expect to see the writers bring both of them back. I'm honestly confused as to why people think the original trio which has not been used in 12 years now would ever be brought back together. The most you can hope for is probably a 20th anniversary special like the Mastermind one, and even then it wouldn't be just for Misty/Brock, most likely the entire cast would be there.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Why don't they bring back May, Dawn, Iris, Brock and Max?
    Why don't they bring back Ash's Pidgeot?
    Why don't they bring back Mewtwo?

I hate this kind of question. I do think the writers are some nullities, but it's a freaking anime show, don't take it seriously. I didn't really like Misty's character, but I like her Pokemon and her love towards them, and I do like PokeShipping (though not as much as Amour or Pearl, and I don't like PokeShippers in general).

Years
  • What type of logic are you working on? Its been 12 years in real life since Misty was written off and she hasn't had an actual cameo in the anime since the AG era. (which in itself is nearly a decade ago)

Considering the writers also finally got rid of Brock, I have no clue why you would ever expect to see the writers bring both of them back. I'm honestly confused as to why people think the original trio which has not been used in 12 years now would ever be brought back together. The most you can hope for is probably a 20th anniversary special like the Mastermind one, and even then it wouldn't be just for Misty/Brock, most likely the entire cast would be there.

Oh wait , you think they are just gonna keep introducing new and new characters every season? Let me tell you. No way. The creators of the show are so greedy , they gonna keep it running forever, and at some point they will start bringing back old characters. Besides, they are already running out of the ideas , so yeah its only matter of time. So yeah they will bring them back, sorry to break it to ya.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Oh wait , you think they are just gonna keep introducing new and new characters every season? Let me tell you. No way. The creators of the show are so greedy , they gonna keep it running forever, and at some point they will start bringing back old characters. Besides, they are already running out of the ideas , so yeah its only matter of time. So yeah they will bring them back, sorry to break it to ya.

Yeah, and besides, it's not like it's unheard of that they bring back characters that didn't even receive one mention for a very long time. For example, we've gone a whole decade without even a single mention of Jessiebelle since her debut in the episode "Holy Matrimony", yet she got a mention in the fourth episode of Diamond and Pearl, and two years after that, she even appeared shortly after the Coronet arc. Heck, that also was the case with Brock's mom, who infamously was stated in the dub of Brock's debut episode to be "deadbeat" without the "beat" part of the word, if you know what I mean, and she took five to nine years to make her onscreen debut (depending on whether you count Chronicles or Battle Frontier as her actual on-screen debut, since technically her first debut was the mention in the fifth episode). If they can do it for extremely minor characters who actually are forgettable, they most certainly can do so with characters like Misty.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Oh wait , you think they are just gonna keep introducing new and new characters every season?

Haven't they been doing that for the past twelve years anyway?

Let me tell you. No way. The creators of the show are so greedy , they gonna keep it running forever, and at some point they will start bringing back old characters. Besides, they are already running out of the ideas , so yeah its only matter of time. So yeah they will bring them back, sorry to break it to ya.

Will they start bringing back old characters though? I have no idea what the future of the anime holds, but at the rate we're currently at, as long as there are new games to advertise, more traveling companions will be introduced and thrown in the toilet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll make it clear that I really love Misty, and I have since OS. Though, I will say that no matter how many long posts on pokemon-related forums people make, there's absolutely no guarantee that she'll make a reappearance in the main anime. For me, I've moved on and accepted the fact that we might never see her in the main anime with a speaking role again. Honestly(this is me again), having not seen her for so long makes me appreciate her more and more, not just for nostalgia's sake, but because of all the positive things she added to the main cast and the original series in general.

Yes, it is insulting that she really hasn't gotten much in the way of homage in recent years, but in a kid's anime that advertises the latest games that has relied on regurgitated storylines with overused cliches and overdone running gags for the past decade, it's really hard for me to believe the writers care at all about proper continuity across multiple storylines.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Will they start bringing back old characters though? I have no idea what the future of the anime holds, but at the rate we're currently at, as long as there are new games to advertise, more traveling companions will be introduced and thrown in the toilet.

If their bringing back Jessiebelle and their debuting Brock's mom is anything to go by, they have in fact brought back old characters.

I'll make it clear that I really love Misty, and I have since OS. Though, I will say that no matter how many long posts on pokemon-related forums people make, there's absolutely no guarantee that she'll make a reappearance in the main anime. For me, I've moved on and accepted the fact that we might never see her in the main anime with a speaking role again. Honestly(this is me again), having not seen her for so long makes me appreciate her more and more, not just for nostalgia's sake, but because of all the positive things she added to the main cast and the original series in general.

Never say never, especially if the above is anything to go by (and keep in mind, one-shot characters have even less chances of reappearing than former leads, so if they could give even one-shots a reappearance after all this time, they most certainly can give Misty a reappearance).

Yes, it is insulting that she really hasn't gotten much in the way of homage in recent years, but in a kid's anime that advertises the latest games that has relied on regurgitated storylines with overused cliches and overdone running gags for the past decade, it's really hard for me to believe the writers care at all about proper continuity across multiple storylines.

Maybe, but then again, they managed to give Ash's Caterpie a reference in BW, and it's been gone for even longer. Heck, they may have even referenced Ash's Pidgeot as well, and this was despite BW otherwise butchering continuity and making Ash stupid even by his own nature.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

Have you been living under a rock over the last 12 years? They've brought in 4 female leads after her, as well as two new male companions.

Why on earth would you ever expect them to go back to Misty, when they've continually brought in a new female in every generation and Misty now hasn't been relevant to 70% of the series? Misty was only in the anime for 5 years and the anime is currently in its 17th year, she didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime, nor did she last 13 years like Brock did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Have you been living under a rock over the last 12 years? They've brought in 4 female leads after her, as well as two new male companions.

Why on earth would you ever expect them to go back to Misty, when they've continually brought in a new female in every generation and Misty now hasn't been relevant to 70% of the series? Misty was only in the anime for 5 years and the anime is currently in its 17th year, she didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime, nor did she last 13 years like Brock did.

Considering they had Ash's Butterfree be referenced during the Decolore Islands arc despite having been gone for even longer than Misty had been, had actually brought Jessiebelle Back for DP after a 10-12 year absence, and heck, even introduced Brock's mother nine years at most after she was first mentioned, I'm more than a little certain they are perfectly capable of bringing Misty back (especially when the chances of COTDs reappearing after that time is significantly lower and yet they still managed to do that, and heck, Ash's Butterfree was gone for even longer). Even you have to admit that if they could bring back forgettable COTDs after an insane amount of time, they most certainly can bring a major character back, and the latter's far more likely than bringing a COTD back in that length of time.

Besides, she's still far more likely to reappear than May at least, especially when May's Japanese VA retired to become a Pop Singer while Misy's Japanese VA is still active.

Years
  • Have you been living under a rock over the last 12 years? They've brought in 4 female leads after her, as well as two new male companions.

Oh your ignorance is just adorable. Misty left the biggest impact out of all female characters. Plus now that Brock is gone , after x and y, they can put her with Ash again and some other male character ( just like they put Brock with dawn in DAP, and May in Advance series). Don't you see how many times the creators of the show keep coming back to gen 1? Lot's of old pokemon, heck Brock was with ash for like 4 different gen of pokemon. I bet you would be saying the same thing about Brock if we were having this conversation before advance series aired. I have no idea what kind of personal problem you have with Misty ( because its obvious you do, you are so hurt by the fact that she will return one day ) but if you are going to respond, please , present some actual arguments, otherwise you are just wasting my time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    If their bringing back Jessiebelle and their debuting Brock's mom is anything to go by, they have in fact brought back old characters.

Never say never, especially if the above is anything to go by (and keep in mind, one-shot characters have even less chances of reappearing than former leads, so if they could give even one-shots a reappearance after all this time, they most certainly can give Misty a reappearance).

I wouldn't say bring back Jessiebelle for a couple of scattered episodes in DP means much in the grand scheme of things; she's one character only with a close relation to James. At least we got some Chronicles episodes with Misty on top of the girl-shows-up-in-generation-after-she-leaves pattern. I can't quite say the same for May/Max/Dawn.

Maybe, but then again, they managed to give Ash's Caterpie a reference in BW, and it's been gone for even longer. Heck, they may have even referenced Ash's Pidgeot as well, and this was despite BW otherwise butchering continuity and making Ash stupid even by his own nature.

Not trying to get off topic, but BW did a lot of things that showed widespread continuity is practically a myth to pokemon anime writers.

Oh your ignorance is just adorable. Misty left the biggest impact out of all female characters. Plus now that Brock is gone , after x and y, they can put her with Ash again and some other male character ( just like they put Brock with dawn in DAP, and May in Advance series). Don't you see how many times the creators of the show keep coming back to gen 1? Lot's of old pokemon, heck Brock was with ash for like 4 different gen of pokemon. I bet you would be saying the same thing about Brock if we were having this conversation before advance series aired. I have no idea what kind of personal problem you have with Misty ( because its obvious you do, you are so hurt by the fact that she will return one day ) but if you are going to respond, please , present some actual arguments, otherwise you are just wasting my time.

Ignorance? He shows no clear problem with Misty; he's just pointing out that she's kind of been off the main show for twelve years now. I'm not sure what you're reading :/. If anything, you're more hurt by the fact that he's being realistic based on the current trend the anime has been going for the past twelve years, going on thirteen now.

Whether she left the biggest impact on the anime is opinionated. Brock for four generations of the show, remember how that turned out... They bring back more than just gen 1 pokemon ya know...

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Oh your ignorance is just adorable. Misty left the biggest impact out of all female characters. Plus now that Brock is gone , after x and y, they can put her with Ash again and some other male character ( just like they put Brock with dawn in DAP, and May in Advance series). Don't you see how many times the creators of the show keep coming back to gen 1? L I have no idea what kind of personal problem you have with Misty ( because its obvious you do, you are so hurt by the fact that she will return one day ) but if you are going to respond, please , present some actual arguments, otherwise you are just wasting my time.

Why would you ever think that the writers would go back to the original trio after XY over using new characters from the next generation? The writers axed Misty 12 years ago and in that timeframe she's remained off the show in every following generation with a new female lead being used instead. Its also pretty obvious Brock is gone for good now too, since he was finally removed after staying a long time and there have been two male companions after him.

The games already remade Kanto and Johto, she did not return to the cast in either of those times. They also made Pokemon Origins based on Kanto, and the game version of Misty in those didn't even get speaking role. Ash even traveled through Kanto a second time in the Battle Frontier arc, and she was not included. Even if somehow the Kanto games get remade again for whatever reason, she's unlikely to be chosen over whoever the current girl is at the time

On top of that, Misty's last cameo with a speaking role aired back in 2005 which by next year will have been an entire decade since she even appeared in an episode. The writers didn't even have any interest in having her appear in the DP or BW series at all even for a handful of episodes. I love how you talk about Misty like she's a recent or important character, when to anyone with a pair of eyes she's been gone for the anime's entire run.

I don't even have anything against Misty as a character, I just wonder what logic you're working on when you actually think the writers are going to suddenly change their minds and use Misty again when they've shown little to no interest in her for over a decade.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    To Lizardo:
    I wouldnt say Misty exist at end of Johto in rushed, abrupt manner without accomplishing something big enough that we could say she came closer toward achievement of her dreams was nusproduct of writers "not caring."

Especially if we take in account how in last season of Johto writers did more for development of Misty water pokemon master dream through water tournament, capture of new pokemon, meeting and battling several trainers and sharing for first time with audience from where her passion for water pokemon comes from; Episode "Some Like it Hot!".

Reason behind random out of blue departure is plexus of unfortunate circumstances in decision behind Misty removal from main cast being brought up in middle of Johto generation after pokemon fad and popularity started to drop of. With production staff deciding to shake things up and replace one of main characters.

When Johto just started out no one among writers and directors according to Takeshi Shudo blogs even thought of replacing main female lead.

By time it was decided that Misty receives middle finger by end of Johto her story, goal of becoming top water trainer and plots which defined her character were NOT developed enough to fulfill parameters required to bring someone story to an end. Since by end of Johto plots which formed her story didnt reached point to even get climax, let alone resolution.

Not just water pokemon master dream. Misty desire to learn everything she can about them becoming powerful as E4 nmembers are. But also her unresolved fears, inability to fully understand pokemon feelings using them to full potential(such as Psyduck), parents which abandoned her and sisters, unsolved disputes with sisters or lack of resolution in what way and how she can come closer toward her ultimate aims.
    Etc.

Misty storyline simply wasnt developed enough alongside her dream to jump from tangle of someone plot and prelude immediately to resolution. Thats not way to tell storyline and writers were painfully aware how they screwed up not having enough space and time to finish job. Not without more time to let Misty character unfold out enough to wrap things up afterwards.

Time Misty didn't had because of being replaced. Sure she had some amazing development in chronicles overcoming Gyarados fear, gettzing sense of pride and sewlfaccomplishment when saing gym and becoming more tough, badass and independent as person as showed in taking care of Hanbson in Hoenn, taking care of Max when got lost or dealing with Butch/Cassidy on her own, while building on sweet and endearing sister bond with Daisy having great dynamic encompassed throughg Misty sarcastic remarks or older sister vasnity driving her crazy yelling at her. But aldso working as team when battling and Daisy trying to talk MIsty in all kind of embarassing things much to her younger sister displease.

Fact that even Togepi subplot wasnt resolved until Misty made return in Hoenn generation during mirage Kingdom tells ALOT about writers not planning to relace Misty.

With decision catching them unprepared having to come up with some excuse to justify Misty removal from main cast. So they used random idea of older sisters suddenly winning prize to go on world trip leaving Misty with no choice but to stop traveling and go back to take care of their home.

Thus stopping with development and progression of her character started by end of 4th season in middle.Sure she had some amazing development in chronicles overcoming Gyarados fear, getting sense of pride and sewlfaccomplishment when saing gym and becoming more tough, badass and independent as person as showed in taking care of Hanson in Hoenn, taking care of Max when got lost or dealing with Butch/Cassidy on her own, while building on sweet and endearing sister bond with Daisy encompassed throughg Misty sarcastic remarks or older sister vanity driving her crazy yelling at her. But also working as team when battling and Daisy trying to talk Misty in all kind of embarassing things much to her younger sister displease.

HOWEVER large part of her story, career of water trainer and desire to achieve mastery over water pokemnon catching up to her idol she fangirls and admire so much was left completely open leaving material to be done alot more.

If Misty wasnt replaced she would receive continuation. More focus and build up on dreams, subplots, unresolved conflicts fermenting inside character and more throgh explanazion behind what title of water master entails and possibility to become eventually E4 member apprentice teaching her how to develop stronger bond with pokemon and become more creative in battles,.

Take just Hoenn for example and possibility of Misty being there either instead of May or instead of Brock or Max having two girls in main cast. I mean just think for moment of possibilities which existed there for Misty character:

It had so much water based themes. Champions like Wallace and powerful water trainers like Juan, villains like Team Aqua which used water pokemon for malefic purposes centered around legendary Kyogre, possible expansion from Whirl Cup entering tournamentds which would advance her water master career, even 9th movie about Manaphy offered so much potential to develop her character more.
    I definitely enjoyed when Misty joined for awhile in her cameos to Ash, May, Max and Brock and her presence could help improve several story plots which took place in Hoenn.
    I enjoyed in her interactions when she made cameos in Hoenn in light of more badass, mature character when using Gyarados while still grimming with lot of flare, spunk and vibrant attitude with mix of shyness added to whole thing).

So i imagine AG series might have been even better than they already were if Misty was used in all those water themed stories enriching on them and delivering another fresh, diverse storyline into the mix.

Speaking of Original series:
    When it comes to Misty development in general you have to keep in mind how during Kanto, Orange Islands and beginning of Johto when mr. Shudo was in charge pokemon anime followed completely different prnciples and values. Shudo wanted anime more directed toward wider audience such as teenagers, adults, elders rathger than just kids. His policy was about pokemon being primarily based on adventure aspect, emotional snd personality growth of human characters, build on friendship and exploration of world mysteries and various species going through all kind of side adventures.

Under mr. Shudo command focus on development of smeone dreams, trainer skils and pokemon wasnt priority.

Hence why most focus Misty had in first half of her run being revolved around coaching and mentoring Ash, warning him about other people tricks and how to not fall for them. Playing role of heroine in classic sense of that word by being chgaracter which was selfrighteous, adamant and strongwilled in her resolves often taking initiative to save other people lives. Stop wild pokemon, bail groupo out of dangerous situations and resolve secrets. Such as leading others out of sink ship, stopping Tentacruel from destroying Porta Vista, befriending pokemon like Hoot Hoot figuring out how to find way out from enchanted forest. Playing role of undercover detective to prove Ash and Brock innocence by freeing them out of prison etc.

Accompanied with her growth being comprised of developing feelings for Ash which were especially notable by time Orange Islands started giving insight in her sad childhood suffering from complex of feeling inferior to older siblings and looking for parental love and care she never receved. In learning how to be more tolerant and open minded toward people around her and pokemon like Psyduck etc.

Which worked fine and gave Misty enough options and substance to thrive in earlier seasons. But for longer saga like Johto personality development, moral support and overly curious nature in trying out various activities wasnt enough. Needing to receive more emphasis on her dreams, goals, pokenon and her skills as trainer as well. To give viewer impression how it wasnt just character and his relatiponship with others that was developing, but its story and dreams as well.

Something Takeshi Shudo realized expressing regret in his blogs of not doing more with Misty character leaving lot of poitential untapped.

In vein of this events Misty goals of becoming water pokemon master. Her resolve in becoming more independent and confident in her abilities making amends with past. We saw that when Misty helped Sakura she met in Johto helping to cope with same difficulties youngest member in family goes through not being anymore full of pent up aggresion and sadness but joking on her account and being sarcastic about it maturing as character greatly(watch "Trouble Brewing! or "Espeon Included!", youll know what i mean).

Opening to Sakura how much she learned anout pokemon, battles and world in Ash and Brock company and how she consider them as her second family by this point.

Her skills as trainer and determination to show world how beautiful and powerful water pokemon can be. Did not happened until Takeshi Shuido left position of main writer and Atsuhiro Tomioka took over changing direction in which pokemon anime will go.

In case you didnt noticed Master Quest was much more plot related and story based than rest of Johto.Whether its case with TR arcs being linked in some way to past, , Whirl Islands which foreshadowed Corsola Capture and Whirl Cup tournament, evolution of Poliwhirl using King Rock which was direct consequence of Sumo tournament match in which Snorlax competed in "Ring Masters" etc.

Introduction of Delibird which was send by TR talent scout to follow Jessie, James and Meowth collecting money they owe to TR organization appearing in multiple episodes etc.

Red gyarados arc, build upo in Phanphy hatching from Ash egg. Lugia and her child storyline. Whole plot about dragon temple and sacred fire featuring Clair, return of Ash Charizard etc.

Most episodes in beginning (Johto Journeys) were highly enjoyable as well having many memorable moments like battle for Totodile,memorable bond between Misty and Marill, Brock taking care of hurt Stantler, wacky episodes focusing on resolving mysteries like Gligarman etc.

With GS ball being heavily built up making it seem like something spectacular is going to happen just to end up dropped.

It was by time GS ball got dropped that anime took decline in Johto. Abandonment of GS ball really hurted Johto storyline since it lost main vector and plotline which was supposed to fill up time and provide story in which main cast could be involved regarding mystery surrounding that ball and Celebii potential as pokemon.

Because GS ball was intended to play crucial role in Johto series plot with huge arc accompanying it making Misty, Brock and Ash in charge much more proactive that way.

Thus causing pokemon series to drop in slump resorting to fillers until writers deeloped direction and plans how to move characters and plot forward by end of 4th season and in Master Quest which was heavily plot centric and filled with lot of character development once Whirl islands started.

Another reason behind writing in Johto comes from fact of head writer at that time Takeshi Shudo often getting in clashg and arguments with other wruiters, pokemon series director(Yuyama Kunihiko) and his superior he often referred as Omae Sama in his blogs rejecting his plans and ideas how series should be written. With pokemon anime passing through turbulent time with writers and those athigher positions at game Freak and Nintendo.

BUT i feel need to address how true of whole doesnt make true of all of its parts.

Because Johto series gave Misty very good development, screen time and sense of stoiry moving forward in last aseason Master Quest and third season if battle for Totodile, scenes of praying to water godess, bonding with Marill, attempts at catching wild Quagsire or Chinchau are something to go by.

Playing fun roel in several episodes not fading in background until end of 3rd season and 4th season.

But you could hardly call her inactive once Ecruteak gym and town was passed.

Going back to beginning of my post and talking about Misty abrupt and forced exist leaving her story unfinished.

You have to keep in mind fact how reasoning behind writers leaving Misty future undefined, her goals of becoming water master unfinished with several things going for her pending during Hoenn generation when they still returned character in person through cameos and chronicles might be:

Because at that time when Hoenn aired writers probably werent sure how would new girl May be accepted among people(afterall many older fans abandoned show when Misty left and things were quite touchy back than), so writers purposely left story open with Misty to allow easier way to return her back in case they decide to do more with her keeping her as back up plan. But as time went on and May became liked enough amoing fans gaining lot of support they decided to continue adding new girls they didn't bothered or forgot of finishing what they started about character. Much to fanbase sadness and disappointment sadly.

P.S.
    You have to take in account all factors and variables in here Lizardo. Because not everything regarding Misty position in main series, decisions behind her removal and pending status of way how her story was left unresolved leaving room to be done much more than delivered wasn't black and white.

Aside from Ash out of traveling companions was ever someone regressed though? No one except Ash and that only happened in Unova because of writers attempting to do reboot like games did by transferring new tone if it onto already established characters. Which proved to be mistake fixing it up now in XY.

Not to mention Dawn, May, Misty etc aren't driving force of pokemon anime like Ash is. Given how as someone with who kids associate pokemon the most representing new male players from games through wearing their clothes writers on purpose keep him in never ending loop to be relatable more that way for new generations which start playing games and watch anime. With his companions they definitely have more free hands in determining at what pace theyre gonna grow. With Dawn, May, Misty, Iris etc growing and developing faster than Ash does because of that.

Your comparing apples to oranges in here to be honest. Especially when Ash instead of regressing only msatured and developed forward from Johto to Hoenn or Hoenn to Sinnoh.

So based on this its safe to say with very high percentage how Misty or May in case of staying for longer than they were would only benefit them and allow going through deeper, more significant development and progression of their story.
    Regardless of leaving some of older pokemon behind to make space to castch new ones which is expected from any succesful trainer,coordinator etc learning more about various type of pokemon that way and adapting your battling style to it becoming stronger.

Especially when with anime exclusive dreams like Misty has there doesnt exist danger of material from which writers draw inspirationstopping to exist. Like its case with contests and games.

Hence allowing writers to take Msty character and way through which her water master dream would thrive in more than one direction creating substantial story out of it. Because thius kind of dreams depend on their imagination like its case with manga based shows.

In Misty case 270 episodes wasnt enough because story wasnt designed initially in such way that it ends within this episode count, due to pokemon following different principles back than.
    Original series followed entirely different formula with way how Misty story, dreams and plots which represented character being constructed to develop slowly over long period of time. Accompanied with fact how certain plots in Misty story didnt started to be developed until before she was planned to be removed from anime. Thus not having enough time to develop and get conclusion(explained throughly above in my post).

Your forgetting one important thing in here:
    -character centric episodes arent only episodes where main character develops. Where someone battles, learn new things, explore on his backstory or plays importance in various storylines,conflicts and episodes. Helping to resolve them or save day by himself.

Because there are many story arcs and episodes which werent Misty centric, yet Misty still developed from them playing influencing part there.

I cannot talk in other people name. But i can speak for myself how reason why i find Misty storyline, development and character more eventful than its case with other girls is because:

Of her rich highly passionate personality, backstory which was more sympathetic and heartfelt(losing parents as child and growing in shadow of older sisters which berated and neglected her treating like trash is pretty touching).
    , funny and interesting pokemon(like Psyduck, incredibly resistant and agile Staryu, powerful Gyarados, intrusive and with versatile moveset Corsola) and all those moments when she took charge in resolving various issues, serving as motivator and voice of reason not letting others to fall in depression and fool around and pushing things forward by resolving mysteries, protecting towns or guided Ash in becoming better trainer showed how you don't need huge fleshed out goals to be noticed and proactive. Not that she didn't had very unique dream too making her stand out from rest of companions in being only one type trainer in cast so far wanting to become strongest water expert in world expressing devotiuon and love toweard pokemon more than any other female.

Not to mention Misty developed more than Dawn and Iris did in emotional, personality sense. Aside from May who changed just as much as person, if not even more.

Because development doesnt lie only in advancement of someone dreams and goals. There is also emotional, personality growth causing chasnges in someone behavior. Way he perceives people and surrounding or overcoming personal fears and flaws going inside someone.

With Misty when compared from start of Kanto to Hoenn changing and growing alot over time. Arguably i would say Misty accomplished more as water trainer and on road of becoming water mastere than Iris did as well but thats debatable(because Whirl Cup wasnt only instance where Misty dreams were focused and pushed forward).

In end other girls may have received more focus or exploration of their own stiory and dreams. But Misty left in exchange much bigger impact on Ash character, and main storyline by oushing it firward as whole in my honest opinion.

Ignorance? He shows no clear problem with Misty; he's just pointing out that she's kind of been off the main show for twelve years now. I'm not sure what you're reading :/. If anything, you're more hurt by the fact that he's being realistic based on the current trend the anime has been going for the past twelve years, going on thirteen now.

He/she may be realistic. However based on his responses in here and other pokemon sites comments always have negative foretoken when Misty is center of talk. Coincidence or something else?

I don't even have anything against Misty as a character, I just wonder what logic you're working on when you actually think the writers are going to suddenly change their minds and use Misty again when they've shown little to no interest in her for over a decade.

Because he isnt relying on past patterns, but what future nmight hold for Misty chaeracter.

Writers are humans of blood and flesh just like anyone else,. They do mistakes, they learn from their failures in past, they try to improve their work and have pokemon anime become more accessible to their viewers.

They go through selfquestioning, insecurities and most of all they change decisions and views on storyline, planning and characters all the time. With each new series doing something different/unexpected from previous one.

Based on those facts alone possibility that producers and directors in chage change their stance toward Misty character and decide to give her second chance in pokemon show cannot be excluded as out of realm of possibilities.

Because past has no influence on future decisions made from writing team.
    For example lets take a look at coin toss and how statistics work in here:
    If you flipped coing 10 times in a row and 9 of results were heads. Would that mean that for next flip there would exist 90% of chance that coin lands on head again?

No, because following Bayrem's theory[/B before every coin flip probability of it landing on either head or tails would always and under any circumstance be 50%. With previous incidents and results not having influence on what will happen in future.

Same paralell can be drawed to animated show and writing which changes from generation to generation, Therefore rules which existed before dont extend to next saga and who would have chance to return or not in case writers break pattern and theuir policy over bringing back past female leads delivering sequel to their stories shaking things up and making not just target audience, but older viewers intrigued back into pokemon series again through such gesture.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I wouldn't say bring back Jessiebelle for a couple of scattered episodes in DP means much in the grand scheme of things; she's one character only with a close relation to James. At least we got some Chronicles episodes with Misty on top of the girl-shows-up-in-generation-after-she-leaves pattern. I can't quite say the same for May/Max/Dawn.

Technically, Dawn got a Chronicles episode, if we count her deciding to go to Hoenn (It may have only aired in Japan, but it's still something), though I agree with you on May and Max (Actually, come to think of it, May and Max are probably the only main characters to NOT get a special dedicated to them after they left the main cast).

Either way, the fact that they even had Jessiebelle return at all, especially when it's been at least a decade since her debut, maybe 12 years, and was a COTD, makes clear that Misty, a former lead, definitely has the chances. Don't forget, most COTDs don't even reappear at all, and their chances of reappearing in a lengthy period of time such as from the first season to DP are far less than a former lead reappearing in that same period of time. That's actually mathematically proven. And as pointed out by DBZ Fan, if we were to rely on mathematical patterns, there wouldn't even be a chance at all of us ever seeing Jessiebelle again in DP or any time at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Either way, the fact that they even had Jessiebelle return at all, especially when it's been at least a decade since her debut, maybe 12 years, and was a COTD, makes clear that Misty, a former lead, definitely has the chances. Don't forget, most COTDs don't even reappear at all, and their chances of reappearing in a lengthy period of time such as from the first season to DP are far less than a former lead reappearing in that same period of time. That's actually mathematically proven. And as pointed out by DBZ Fan, if we were to rely on mathematical patterns, there wouldn't even be a chance at all of us ever seeing Jessiebelle again in DP or any time at all.

One outlier for the series as a whole guarantees nothing. I'm not trying to be a all negative, but haven't we had excuses for her to reappear since she left? Ever since she left, we've had three water gym leaders, Wallace the contest champion, numerous water type pokemon, an ice-type E4 member similar to Lorelei, and now a new water type E4 member. Now the hot topic revolves around mega evolution. I want to see her back, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for them to get crushed.

He/she may be realistic. However based on his responses in here and other pokemon sites comments always have negative foretoken when Misty is center of talk. Coincidence or something else?

Yes, there is totally and completely a conspiracy...I'm sorry I don't spend my time looking at other people's posts to see his/her take on a certain topic. Regardless, that's irrelevant here because all he/she posted was facts stating she hasn't been a main character for the past twelve, going on thirteen years now.

Also, has anyone ever told you your posts are unbearably long? I mean, I'm sure there's good stuff in there, but I honestly can't be bothered to read a vomit of text that long.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    One outlier for the series as a whole guarantees nothing. I'm not trying to be a all negative, but haven't we had excuses for her to reappear since she left? Ever since she left, we've had three water gym leaders, Wallace the contest champion, numerous water type pokemon, an ice-type E4 member similar to Lorelei, and now a new water type E4 member. Now the hot topic revolves around mega evolution. I want to see her back, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for them to get crushed.

One excuse: The Pokémon World Conference, which they basically skipped despite it being a fairly major element in the games.

And I gave you several outliers. Aside from Jessiebelle, there's also Brock's mom, the reference to Ash's Caterpie and even his Pidgeotto. Heck, even the Raticate owner managed to reappear in Battle Frontier, who had about nine years long of an absence. It's not merely just one. And either way, it still applies, especially when mathematically speaking, them even having a mention, let alone an actual reappearance, after a long period of time, is far less likely in terms of odds than a main character, yet here we are, we've got those things.

Also, has anyone ever told you your posts are unbearably long? I mean, I'm sure there's good stuff in there, but I honestly can't be bothered to read a vomit of text that long.

Hey, at least he splits them into paragraphs for ease of reading.

Back