• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wii or PS3

Wii or PS3

• Total voters

mrshaun7

King of the Mighty Turtwig
Years
  • What do you think is better? The Wii or the PS3? I think the Wii because they will have more Pokemon games for it and they have SSBB.

Years
  • Please try to remember that Other Voting Polls is for miscellaneous poll topics that do not fit within the standards of other forums. This is a topic related to gaming platforms, so its suited place would be in the Other Games forum.

~Moved

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    WELL WII DUH! On the wii your more interactive, you feel the game, in ps3 land you just have better graphics

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • that is true
    filler filler

If you can't come up with a 25-character post, then don't post at all and wait until you can.

I personally think the Wii is better than the PS3 because of the interactive-nature of the system. My whole family sat around it and played Wii Sports all night when we got it, the PS3 just doesn't offer that kind of bonding.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It depends on how you like to game. As said the wii is for more hands-on gaming, while the PS3 is undeniable better for platforming, so the PS3 gets my vote although the 360 beats both :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I have a Wii, and I really don't like it's game selection at all. I hate the PS3 though, so I'll go with the Wii.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    It's really worth owning both; to get your good game fix on PS3 and your mini-game-fix on Wii.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I would say Wii simply because it's more fun. Also, the PS3 has hardly any titles at all, let alone ones that are even good. The problem is probably that it's too far ahead of its time, they can't develop games of that technical quality at a reasonable price yet.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
  • Who the hell voted for the PS3? It has close to no good exclusives, while the Wii has awesome Platformers, Adventure, FPS, Sports, and RPG games. I mean, while I do respect the 360, but don;t own one, I have close to no respect for the PS3.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Wouldn't the votes here would be completely biased since a majority of us a Nintendo fans?

And yes sweeties, I voted Wii. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Who the hell voted for the PS3? It has close to no good exclusives, while the Wii has awesome Platformers, Adventure, FPS, Sports, and RPG games. I mean, while I do respect the 360, but don;t own one, I have close to no respect for the PS3.
    If someone wants to vote for the PS3 then they can vote for the PS3. I am personally getting a little sick of your "OMG Sony iz the crapz" posts around OG. If you like Nintendo, that's fine, if you dislike Sony/Playstation then that's also fine. But you don't need to be going around putting down people for owning/liking the PS3 (or any other Sony system) for no reason. I personally think the PS2 was the best system (out of any gen). Does this mean I'm some evil stupid person for liking a Sony console over a Nintendo one? I don't mind saying "Well... I don't like the PS3 for ..." but you look like you don't even like people who vote Sony over Nintendo.

Anyway...
    I don't own a PS3 yet, give me about 18 days and then I can tell you from an owners point of view.
    But for right now, for games that's already out... I think the Wii is the better bang for your buck. Yes the PS3 has CoD4, and GTA4, and other great games. But I think you'll find a few more good games on the Wii. Sure if you want graphics then it's PS3, and if it's more gameplay then it's the Wii.
    My biggest prob with the Wii is that Nintendo is shooting out to the casual (thus not many good games coming out) and that the Wii has so many ports. And my biggest prob with the PS3 is that it has little to no good games (and how many of their hyped up games ended pretty badly?).
    They both have their ups and downs, and I think I'll like the PS3 when I get one.
    But if you want my fav for this gen when it comes to consoles then hands up or down that would be the XBox 360... Yes it did just RRoD on me for the second time.. but I still love the games on the 360.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Ummm... yeah. I don't have a PS3, but my friend does. Its okay, I like some of its aspects. Warhawk is quite a good game. But SSBB and MKWII is better. So is Pokemon :D. But PS3 has some good parts to it, but really, no one really has to ask :D. All us nintendo fans here will go Wii. Maybe a "both" option should be on there. Not everyone will just like one of the 2.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The primary reason I own a PS3 is actually for it's media functionality, which is top shelf. I can play DivX, Xvid, MPEG1/2 and all 4 variants (Including all profiles of h.x264/x.264) all up to and including 1080p, all on my TV. Add to that robust playlist support, network streaming support and the ability to plug an external drive full of movies in and have them just *work*, it's just brilliant. Plus there's the PVR Addon coming out later in the year that adds dual HDTV tuners and recording functionality. And there is nothing wrong with a console being able to do more than play games. What if I'm not in the mood for playing a game; why should the console just sit there and be of no use? Multiple purpose consoles ftw.

On top of that, the ability to play PSX/PS2 games in 1080p over the best possible signal connection to my TV in pure win even in and of itself. Add in an awesome web browser, BluRay playback and SACD playback and it's already a star. But then we've got PS3 games. Yes, they're thinner on the ground but it is the youngest Next-Gen console. GTA4 is uninaimously better on PS3 thanks to HDD install meaning basically none of the texture popup that plagues the 360 version; online play in games like CoD4 is free which also makes it better. Wireless guitar for rock-band as a default feature, and then awesome titles like Uncharted and Folklore, with standouts like MGS4, GT5, FFXIII and the inevitable Kingdom Hearts III all remaining exclusive to PS3. Trailblazers like the PS3 version of UT3 that supports mods from the PC version also show glimpses of an awesome future for user-created content.

Yes, I own a pair of PS3's. But I also own a number of 360's and a Wii. And like I said, if you like simple mindless non-gaming like Rayman or the like, the Wii is undisputed. Some people think games are for children and that 'Fun' is the only factor that should matter. To me, games are like movies; yes there are 'fun' movies to watch; comedies, popcorn action flicks and the like - but there are also movies that aren't trying to be 'fun'; movies that make you think. Arthouse stuff, thrillers and horrors and the variety continues. Regrettably for my Wii, I'm a breed of gamer that likes deeper thought to be provoked when I play, so the home of MGS, the home of Final Fantasy? That's where I'll be primarily.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    Hmm, well I have a wii and love it but I also have a PS2 and I quite like it so If we get a price drop in the PS3's I may look at getting one but I'll wait and see for now.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Eh what? This thread is odd..

IMO, I like the PS3 more because the games for Wii are kind of childish for me and most of the games I like playing are for PS3.

Alot of people I know don't like the PS3 because of it's price. And the PS3 does apparently have better graphics.

The Wii is directed to families and little kids. PS3 is more directed to older people.

So yeah. Most people will say the Wii is better because there isn't many good games out on PS3 yet and most people have a Wii.

But if you're talking about which is better graphics and whatnot, I'd say PS3 is for that. But meh, people will disagree with me, I don't own a Wii so yeah. o.o

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I prefer Wii, but i would really like to have a PS3, as the graphics are better, some of the games are good, and the Wii is very much aimed at little kids. All Sony have to do is LOWER THE PRICE. Then i'd buy it, but then there'd be the price of the games.. let's not go there :).

Back