• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I never downloaded PvZ on my phone...I've heard mixed things about the Android version and I already own that game so many times, haha.

I'm probably going to be spending some money soon. I've been wanting an iPad for a little while (not so much for gaming but for general use), and watching Sunset Overdrive videos has made me really want an Xbox One. I'm not sure if both will happen - probably one or the other. But I've seen some incredible deals already for both, and I'm hoping Black Friday will have some even better ones that might help make my decision easier (or harder, lmao).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    It didn't work well on my old, pretty low end phone, but this one has a decent processor and good ram so it seems to work very well. Then again, I suppose that later levels are a better test than the lawn.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAH 1 HOUR TIL ISAAC: REBIRTH AND I GOT NO MONEY!

EDIT2: nvm it unlocks in 13 hours. Though I still have no money.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Anyone know if the mobile version of 5NAF is any good? I feel like it would be a fun game to have on the go on a bus or something... as long as I don't like scream or something lol
    It's actually not bad. The atmosphere is still there, but only really if you're immersed and without too much distraction.

Edit:

Nice.

By the way, I remembered what made FNAF mobile's pacing off: it's faster overall, as in the nights are shorter and power drains quicker. For some reason apparently this makes Night 4 and above really hard, but that's just what I heard.
    Is this true? It seems the same to me, though I haven't played the PC version, only watched it. Also, I didn't die up until Night 4, where I only died twice before succeding. The game itself isn't that hard, you just have to keep your wits together (though often, this can prove to be difficult with all the pressure). I am too scared to do Night 5, because of Freddy.
    Well good news is that PvZ plays extremely well on my new phone :3
    Which PvZ, the first one or the free-to-play pay-to-win EA sequel? It's just that there's all these in-app purchases, and personally I didn't find the game very entertaining at all.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Which PvZ, the first one or the free-to-play pay-to-win EA sequel? It's just that there's all these in-app purchases, and personally I didn't find the game very entertaining at all.
    I bought the first one for Android a long time ago, so that's what I installed. Works considerably better than it ever did and I'm not even using an expensive phone.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I never downloaded PvZ on my phone...I've heard mixed things about the Android version and I already own that game so many times, haha.

I'm probably going to be spending some money soon. I've been wanting an iPad for a little while (not so much for gaming but for general use), and watching Sunset Overdrive videos has made me really want an Xbox One. I'm not sure if both will happen - probably one or the other. But I've seen some incredible deals already for both, and I'm hoping Black Friday will have some even better ones that might help make my decision easier (or harder, lmao).
    I've gotten PvZ for free twice now, and those are the only times I've "purchased" it. The one through EA before I think and Amazon just had the mobile version for free the other week - not that I have a place to put it on my phone, but still.

Sunset Overdrive looks really fun. Dunno how long-lasting fun though. I get a Bayonetta impression from it. Nice in small doses

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Continuing with 3D Land, on Special 4. I either suck, or this game is impossible to play with the Tanooki Suit. If its the latter, then this is the best justification of power ups in the history of Mario. The levels are either crazy hard, or a great challenge with a rythym to it when using the suit. I don't miss the 3-hit HP system of the past 3D games, I love how its straight up Mario, I just love everything. Galaxy was great, and still is, but they should have come after these games, not before. It feels like a step back, cause it kinda is. These games are what should have been between Super Mario World to Galaxy, what the New Super Mario Bros series should be, the ultimate blend of 2D and 3D gameplay. And this is just what I think with 3D Land, 3D World is probably going to somehow make me look at the Galaxy series with Distaste, if that's even possible.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I found that the Tanooki Suit made everything much easier, tbh o.o

The levels do get wonderfully difficult once in the later Specials, yeah. So fun. Platforming bliss.

And the NSMB can go jump in a pit. 3D Land feels like Super Mario Bros. 5 to me. What NSMB should be - not limited gameplay and horribly floaty physics

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I found that the Tanooki Suit made everything much easier, tbh o.o

The levels do get wonderfully difficult once in the later Specials, yeah. So fun. Platforming bliss.

And the NSMB can go jump in a pit. 3D Land feels like Super Mario Bros. 5 to me. What NSMB should be - not limited gameplay and horribly floaty physics

Not to mention nsmb does nothing new and just recycles the same enemies and environments as previous games. 3D land sort of had this problem too but at least it did it a little different. I can't wait to get a Wii u for 3D World though.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    3DLand was a fantasticly fresh game for me on the 3DS. I dislike the NSMB stuff as well and I found 3DLand to be just challenging enough and really unique.

3DWorld is even better and probably one of my favorite gaming experiences of 2014 (I got it late). I love playing as other characters besides Mario and I think that future Mario games need to seriously consider continuing this trend. It's refreshing and makes it feel more like a Mario universe than when Mario's just alone. :)

Years
    3DLand was a fantasticly fresh game for me on the 3DS. I dislike the NSMB stuff as well and I found 3DLand to be just challenging enough and really unique.

3DWorld is even better and probably one of my favorite gaming experiences of 2014 (I got it late). I love playing as other characters besides Mario and I think that future Mario games need to seriously consider continuing this trend. It's refreshing and makes it feel more like a Mario universe than when Mario's just alone. :)

The first two NSMBs were ok, especially the technically second one (NSMBWii) due to the fact that they brought the koopalings back. I am just so happy we have Iggy and Lemmy and the rest of the koopa krew getting attention :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    **** MAJORA'S MASK

it's all about Captain Toad and SPLATOON (watch in 720p60fps for best results)

EDIT: Whoa hold up. I will not accept this NSMB hate in this page. Ya'll shut your mouths. NSMBU > 3D World

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I need help with something that's bothering me

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but let's go.

Lately something is blocking me from playing games. I think of a game, then think that it's gonna be so hard to learn how to properly play it, then give up, even though I want to play it and have fun with it. It's like I'm afraid of being challenged and afraid to die in the games. So lately I've just been playing games like Pokémon, which I already know how to play. But I don't want to quit playing games. I want to enjoy them again. What to do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like what they've done with 3D Land; instead of their straightforward back-and-forth movement system, it's possible to run around more or less everywhere, which, I believe, makes it a lot more enjoyable. Same applies for 3D World. In total, I've gone through these two games (story-wise) approximately five times, and have loved almost each and every play-through.

Also, pretty glad that they've finally announced Majora's Mask remake! Have been waiting for it for an extremely long time. Hoping for them introduce Super Mario Sunshine for 3DS someday, but seems it might take some time, which sucks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Anything from a series I haven't yet played, and also FPSes with monsters, which is ironic since I've played Doom a lot in my teen years.
    Do you enjoy those games? Are they games that you want to play but feel like you can't?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back