• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wild Phanphy fled!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    In Generation II, wild Pokemon had a chance of fleeing in battle. Pokemon such as Phanphy and Teddiursa are programmed to have a flee rate of 50% upon encountering them. This can also happen in Let's Go, and in the safari zone, but I'm talking about the generation II version of this.

Did a wild Pokemon ever flee from you in your Generation II experience?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Was this only in Crystal? I played Silver through the virtual console and don't remember it happening at all.

I don't like it. It's not something I want to see return, especially because of the small chance of finding a shiny Pokemon and having it flee.

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
    It happened sometimes. It's kind of annoying, but the Explode/ Self-destruct thing is next level annoyance. <rip that shiny Golem :(.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This was a thing? I truly don't remember a Pokemon ever fleeing in that gen so I guess it never happened to me.

5QU3L3T0N

The random hobo we found in the street
    Years
    I didn't even know this mechanic existed. I've never had a wild Pokémon flee from me in the Gen 2 games. I guess I'm lucky?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I get the feeling that it must be a pretty low chance for most Pokemon to flee (aside from the select few programmed to flee often) and that's why people aren't aware it's a thing. I don't really remember it happening to me either.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    This is the complete list for Crystal:
    Sometimes Flees (10% chance)
    MAGNEMITE
    GRIMER
    TANGELA
    MR.MIME
    EEVEE
    PORYGON
    DRATINI
    DRAGONAIR
    TOGETIC
    UMBREON
    UNOWN
    SNUBBULL
    HERACROSS

Often Flees (50% chance)
    CUBONE
    ARTICUNO
    ZAPDOS
    MOLTRES
    QUAGSIRE
    DELIBIRD
    PHANPY
    TEDDIURSA

AlwaysFlees (100% chance)
    RAIKOU
    ENTEI

The Fast Ball is meant to be better at catching pokemon in this list, but due to a bug, it only works on the first pokemon of each list and some of these can't even be found in the wild ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
    Back