• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will this be all of Gen 7?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I found some people who think that Sun and Moon are the only paired games of Gen 7 and that we will get Gen 8 next on the Switch. I believe that this is ridiculous and not gonna happen. What do you think? Will Gen 7 have more games? Or will we skip right to Gen 8?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well, I think we'll have another set of games....

but that said I feel like Game Freak haven't been very predictable with the games that come after the initial two lately. So I wouldn't rule out something strange happening either.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • They have been unpredictable, but I do not see them going to the Switch so early. It is very possible we may see another sequel styled release, as it may be slightly too early for Sinnoh Remakes. I just don't see the Switch being successful. Especially if the battery life is bad.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    They have been unpredictable, but I do not see them going to the Switch so early. It is very possible we may see another sequel styled release, as it may be slightly too early for Sinnoh Remakes. I just don't see the Switch being successful. Especially if the battery life is bad.

No Switch pl0x.. I dont like its design so much.
    3DS for life <3

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I think it's too early too tell, also considering how unpredictable they've been, literally anything could happen. I do expect some gen7 spin-offs on the Switch though, just like how we got spin-off gen5 tittles on the 3DS.

It would also kind of make sense if the Sinnoh remakes were inside gen7, gen7 is more than likely going to be the last gen with dual screens (Since apparently Nintendo wants to drop the 2 screens for future consoles), so it wouldn't surprise me if the region that introduced us to dual screens is also the last one to have them, it would be a kind of bittersweet thing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    Nintendo won't be giving up on the 3DS any time soon, regardless of whether Pokemon makes it to the Switch or not.

I expect we'll see Gen IV remakes before another Gen VII title. I wouldn't count additional games out of the running. GF like to be unpredictable. They might even go back to Kalos. Who knows.

Years
  • Its too early to tell But maybe there will be some others game but at the current time and day It's quite impossible to tell.

User19sq

If it isn't another remake-pair or a third version/sequel, then GF is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I feel that these games shouldn't be the only Gen VII games.

But the low numbers of new Pokémon compared to previous titles does worry me. Are the turnouts so low because they're running out of ideas? Or because they're pandering to the older base too much? Or both? Either way, they gotta step up their game before these two games really are the only Gen VII titles!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Datamine spoilers:
    Spoiler:

I honestly think we're gonna get DPP remakes after this. There's so much possibility for Alola and Sinnoh to be connected that I'm almost certain we'll get them next.

I don't know if the plot of SM will warrant sequels; if they do, we may see sequels after skipping a year to align with the 20th anniversary of gen 2. If not, gen 8's first game will probably come next, aligning with gen 2's 20th anniversary. But either way, I'm sure DPP remakes are coming next, as a part of gen 7.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    They never make a generation just the first pair of games, and while they're done some different stuff this gen, I doubt this is one of the things that they're going to change. Gen 7 will have at least one more game. Whether or not it's on the 3DS or Switch or what is a different matter, though we don't know what exactly Nintendo's plans are for the Switch.

Datamine spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    fuck why do they always do this

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nah, we're only at the beginning of this gen with Sun & Moon not even being released just yet. They will make games for the Switch, but I think we're still due another pair of games for the 3DS as part of gen VII before they move over to the next console to start gen VIII.

I really wanna know what these hints that connect Alola to Sinnoh are buuuut spoilers.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If it isn't another remake-pair or a third version/sequel, then GF is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I feel that these games shouldn't be the only Gen VII games.

But the low numbers of new Pokémon compared to previous titles does worry me. Are the turnouts so low because they're running out of ideas? Or because they're pandering to the older base too much? Or both? Either way, they gotta step up their game before these two games really are the only Gen VII titles!

I've been wondering if maybe this could be a kind of "quickie" gen to celebrate 20 years of Pokemon and then they'll move on to gen 8 a bit faster than usual.

Didn't Ohmori say in an interview that he hopes players will be able to enjoy the game for a long time? Although I guess that could just be director speak.

Maybe that could mean they might decide to update Sun & Moon with some kind of dlc content? (like with Splatoon and Smash Bros)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The gift Pokemon in X/Y upon release was a Torchic.
    We then got Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

The gift Pokemon in Sun/Moon upon release will be a Munchlax.
    A Pokemon introduced in Diamond/Pearl.

User19sq

Please don't do this. No paid DLC for Pokemon. Please?

Not all DLC is paid. Certainly not Splatoon.

But I'm not hopeful in DLC updates for this series. Raise your hand if you wished XY got updated for the new Mega Evos.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Please don't do this. No paid DLC for Pokemon. Please?

Well I was thinking it would be more in line with what Splatoon did rather than what Smash Bros did.

Personally I can see a lot of appeal in having new Pokemon added to game (for free) on launch day from a surprise point of view but I understand that brings up a bunch of other issues.

Years
  • Not all DLC is paid. Certainly not Splatoon.

But I'm not hopeful in DLC updates for this series. Raise your hand if you wished XY got updated for the new Mega Evos.

If I remember, Game Freak are against DLC which was why we never got any for 6th Gen. Not getting my hopes up for this generation either.

User19sq

If I remember, Game Freak are against DLC which was why we never got any for 6th Gen. Not getting my hopes up for this generation either.

R.I.P. Hopes and dreams of people who wanted to see more Mimikyu costumes.

Years
  • One thing I also dread is that this generation will be as short as 6th Gen, if not shorter. 6th Gen went without a new game for one year of its lifespan, unlike the previous generations except maybe 5th Gen if one doesn't count 2011 as the international release year for Black & White.

Back