• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Will you return?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Now that ORAS has been released, do you think you'll ever return to the original Hoenn?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Yeah! There's stuff in R/S/E that isn't necessarily the same in OR/AS. Like let's take Mauville City as an example. It's pretty much "Mallville City" in OR/AS. If I had to choose, I'd go with the original. I like the feel of the old games slightly better. And the Gym Leader Theme had a more "suspense" in it. It felt like it was something truly important, however that "suspense" in the theme was partially numbed down in the remakes. I'll never forget the originals. <3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love these remakes, but I also love the original games, so I'll always make time to visit. Hell, I replay RSE at least twice a year anyway, haha.

Years
  • Oh, I probably will at some point in time. I've never beaten RSE before anyways, so it would be likely. I just don't know when, as I'm currently playing Alpha Sapphire, and once I'm bored with that I'll be going back to playing LeafGreen, and once I'm bored with that I'll probably go back to Sinnoh, so it looks like Sapphire will just be sitting in my case for awhile.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Of coarse although i like Oras guess what? Its way too easy i miss all the challenge Oras had and its fun to nuzlocke the old games!

Years
  • I'm sure I will. I mentioned wanting to play this after ORAS to do comparison with them and see just how much harder they are after being more adapted to the 6th gen mechanics. Probably a lot harder. But we'll see in due time.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Probably not since I case modded my sp to fit into a Gameboy DMG so even if I wanted to I couldnt, but really the only thing I would go back for is the original Mauville City. The new one sucks.:(

Nyro

The Bug Master
    Years
  • I actually prefer the older games. I have played several of the DS ones and we still own a DS and some of the games but sold our other DS and all the games with it. Gen 1-3 were my favorites and I didn't like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum really and Black and White I didn't care for much either. I must confess I have not even bothered to play HG,SS or B/W2.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Well given there's no Battle Frontier, quite likely. I love me some Battle Factory and Battle Pyramid.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I never played this Gen, but i might return to ORAS... Looks amazing...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yep. Mainly because I still own a GBA and Ruby and probably will never get a 3DS :p Haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sure, why not? One, huge reason behind this is because, well, I'm kind of more connected to original Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald than Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, in a way. Due to this, latter two don't precisely seem to give off the same vibe to me as former three.

I have been planning to give RSE a go couple of weeks before ORAS release, actually, but decided not to, as it would ruin some of my fun from ORAS and whatnot, as they basically have same events, features, characters, and so forth. Though, I'll definitely be playing them once more later down the road once I get the chance.

Last time I had played these games would be about six to eight months ago.

Years
  • Nope, I'm enjoying OR/AS a lot more than I ever did the originals, so I don't have much of a reason to. I never played Emerald, though, so I might pick that up and try it some day.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I probably will if only for trade fodder, during XY I replayed so I could get the legends from Emerald. They're good trade fodder :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I thought about playing Ruby, as that's the version I never played, but honestly if i replay any RSE game it will probably be Emerald, since the story is a little different from ORAS and it has a Battle Frontier <3

Back