• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Pixel Contest [Stage 1 : Voting]

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

❅ Welcome!

❄ About

Welcome to stage one of the Winter Pixel Contest! In this stage, participants will be tasked with recoloring a given sprite to make it an Ice Type! So it's up to you yo make the best retyped Ice type there is! You're free to choose from any of the following sprites. This is so there are universal factors to compare when it comes to the judging phase. Here's the list of sprites you may choose from:

Chosen Pokemon Sprites

❄ Rules

As always, global Pokecommunity Rules apply, as well as general sportsmanship rules. So no negativity! Anyone entry that does not adhere to these rules may be disqualified.

- Users must use one of the provided sprites
    - Image must stay within the 96x96 frame
    - Image must not go over 24 colors

❄ Deadline

In an effort to have this contest completed swiftly, you will only have five (5) days from now to complete your sprite! At which point, the judging phase will begin (most likely 2 days) and eventually the second stage of the contest will go up. So get these sprites in!

December 9th 2015

❅ Good luck!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    So are we simply doing a re-coloring or are we doing a re-typing?

I mean, you can do more things when you re-type so I need to make sure on this. x:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    So are we simply doing a re-coloring or are we doing a re-typing?

I mean, you can do more things when you re-type so I need to make sure on this. x:
    Both! Anything you see fit to make the chosen Pokemon look like an Ice Type. :)
    I'm in, but don't expect something too great from me.

EDIT: Done. Is this accepted?
    Accepted! Looks great. :)

Are we only allowed to recolor only one of those sprites or can we do all 3
    Haha, yes and no! Obviously you're free to edit all of them, but only one will be accepted for the purposes of this contest. But at any point before the voting period you're welcome to edit your submission. So if you edit the Nidoking, enter it, decide you're not crazy about it, and change it to the Milotic instead, that's totally fine. Make sense?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

I hope this is okay, I used transparent colors that were the same as two of the other colors which I think counts as the same color. If we can't use transparent colors or if being transparent counts as a separate color please let me know and I'll change it.

Oh man, this is right up my alley! Not only is it pixels, it is Ice types too! I might do the other ones too this week :)

Accepted! Killer job you two. ;)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Reminder! You only have one day left to complete and submit your sprite before we move on to the voting phase!

I've got nidoking down too but i think this one's better.
    Hope it works

Here's my entry. : )

I feel uninspired for this one hurk, looks too much like a shiny Nidoking. >_<

Even though those are clearly ice crystals on his back. x:

Well done guys! Your entries are accepted! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Bleh, I'm late xP
    I would've probably tried anyway, but not sure if changing the sprite a little is allowed or naw :P

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Bleh, I'm late xP
    I would've probably tried anyway, but not sure if changing the sprite a little is allowed or naw :P

You've got time! I'm not gonna move on to the voting phase until later, when I get home. :) And yes, editing the sprite and changing it is totally allowed, so long as you use the base sprites provided. It's up to you though!

@Hopeless Masquerade; @countryemo; accepted! Great work! :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

❅ The Voting Phase

❄ About

Welcome to stage two of the Winter Pixel Contest: The Voting Phase! In this stage, users will be asked to judge the participant's sprites based on some simple criteria.

❄ Judging

The pieces will be judged according to three different elements: Concept, Complexity, and Execution. Members can earn between 1 and 5 in rating for each category (so no score can be higher than 15 for any one entry). The average of number of every category will be accumulated and added to the total. The total number of points a user earns is then added to the user's overall score.

So let's say I enter and the average of everyone's vote comes to:
    Complexity: 3
    Execution: 4
    Concept: 3
    Total: 10
    I would earn 10 points, and those points could be added to the result of the next competition.

❄ Rules

As always, there are a few simple rules when it comes to the voting.

- All users who participated must judge.
    - No giving any entry above a 5 in any one category (nothing higher than a total of 15 points per).
    - No voting for yourself.
    - You don't have to participate in the event to judge, anyone is welcome!
    - Comments and critiques are welcome, but no negativity.

❄ Entries

Here are the lovely sprites! :)

GiovanniViridian

Wizardman11

Ice

Dugtrio-Ramen

Nina

Milotic

countryemo

Hopeless Masquerade

❄ Deadline

You have a total of three (3) days to complete and enter your judging form for this contest, so don't forget! This is kind of a long process, so I am willing to give an extension but it must be reasonable.

December 12th 2015

❅ Good luck!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I know my whole judging scheme is a little convoluted so I'm entering my votes now so people have an idea of what I'm looking for in this, haha.

Spoiler:

Overall, really stellar work here guys. I'm so proud of you. :')

Years
    Just gonna steal your layout :DD

Spoiler:

idk if we're supposed to do everyone or just one so here's them all??
    If I have to pick a favorite, it's Ice's.

Also.
    Uh.
    I'm not nice.

Back