• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Withdrew the Potion from the PC

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In the first three generations of Pokemon, there was Potion in the PC at the start of the game. You could also store items in the PC, as well, as Item space in the first three gens was limited to 20. It was 30 in Emerald and 42 in FR/LG, but item space was, for the most part, in the item pocket, 20 items. This means, if the items pocket was full, you could not purchase any more items.

Anyway... did you withdraw the Potion sitting in your PC at the beginning of the game, and did you store items in your PC? I honestly forget that the older games has a potion stored into the PC these days. Potions aren't really that useful, after all... I don't store items in the PC, either. I just sell items I don't want. I'm so glad that item space is now unlimited compared to the first three generations...

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • Well that was the first thing I did whenever I started a playthrough!
    Truth is I haven't played the latest instalments of the series, so I didn't know that there are no more free potions in the PC.
    I guess you learn something new everyday...

Illyasviel

video game hustler
    Years
  • Ahaha, of course I can't leave home without a Potion!
    Truth be told, I was constantly anxious about having too many items in my bag so I kept running back to the PC to deposit anything that wasn't repellent or medicine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I have no idea how I figured out you begin with a Potion... I most likely didn't take it on my first playthrough ever, but I have memories of taking it out regularly since I was a kid. Heck, I remember being confused when the item storage was gone in Diamond, thus unable to access the free Potion.

Back