• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?!

Symphonic.x.Fantasia

Inactivity is a poison.
Years
  • Mmhm. Well.
    I doubt this makes sense, but...I was playing my Fire Red about two second ago. My Togepi used Metronome. It used Ice Beam, which in turn froze the enemy Pikachu. I was like, "YAY!". So I took a chance, and used Metro again.

"Togepi used Thunder Wave!"
    -animation effect-
    -buzzing sound-
    -game locks up-
    Me: "What the hell...?"
    Me: -turns gba off, then back on. Goes through proceedings, and goes to the opening menu wheeeennn....-
    Game: "The save data was corrupted. The save data was deleted." (Or something like that)
    Me: OAO WTF!? What just happened?!
    Me: -turn off, restart...gets same message.-
    Me: OAO'' Oh...Oh crap.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ooooh....nasty.

Still, how's this for annoying???(not GBA, but still0

On Platinum, i had a Shiny Jolly Sneasel

I just got it to 252atk/252spe/4hp
    And my game froze!!!!!!

And that's why i don't play DS games anymore.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Hmm, interesting. The game freezing happens with RS and Thunderbolt and Thunder some times, but I haven't heard about FRLG and Thunderwave.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I've heard about the RS thing, but haven't heard about it in FRLG. It's never happened to me, but I have "lost" my save file before. If you haven't started a new game, try turning on the game once again and seeing if it's still there. My Sapphire told me that the save file was deleted, and I freaked out like you wouldn't believe. At the time, my Sapphire was storage, and it had Pokemon that were at least three years old, so you can only imagine. After a while of screaming and crying, I turned it back on to see if my eyes had decieved me, and there was my file. I never took it for granted after that incident. I think I started saving every five steps...

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • Ouch! What a bummer! Jeez, this sort of thing happens to GBA/DS games a lot, huh?

For instance; on my Diamond, I hadn't played for ages after restarting my game. I decided to get up to the Elite Four, because I was extremely bored and I was only up to the, what... 6th gym? Anyway, I trained my Torterra, Infernape and my Staraptor like crazy and got them both up to about lv. 60, which was, IMO, enough to beat Cynthia. So I get to Victory Road, spend about half an hour fighting my way through that, then I get through the tunnel, into the Pokemon League and start the battle with Aaron, and guess what? MY GAME FREEZES. It happens all the time on my Final Fantasy 3 as well. Argh... :(

Years
  • i got so sick of my pokemon red on gbc (which i play on my gba) freezing i gave up on it. i picked it up 2 years later and started playing it again YAY. it kept freezing and i got to the pokemon league and past the trainers and my 'enemy' and... it died... i deleted the data and started again and now is good :D

xXI JOE IXx

>_0 Dude, that sucks, I've heard about this happening in Ruby/Sapphire but not Leaf Green / Fire red

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    This is definitely NOT funny... DX
    I wouldn't want to restart a Pokemon Game.

It seems that a certain combination of moves resulted in the deletion of the all th data of the game; yeah, i usually make crazy theories like that. XD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Dang, that really sucks! My games never seem to have a problem except if I do try to glitch the game on purpose but i never have. lol Have fun starting a new game..

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Two words: GG

Lmfao that sucks though. Action replay is kinda dangerous to mess around with. That's why I just use a flash cart with sav files.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Togepi used thunder wave on the cartridge.

The only logical answer.

And of course , the game became paralyzed .So comic when you think of it , also on my Sapphire something simmilar happened . And I wanted to see Sheer Cold's animation and I used Metronome w/ a Clefable : Wheeeee SheCol hits ! Game freezed , then I lost my 4 hour unsaved progerss ;_; .

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • My leafgreen kept on freezing and I was training my weedle to level 9, let it evolve, then level up once and let it evolve. I got it to level 9 and the game froze. I got really frustrated because I didn't save. Next day I got him to level 10 and got a beedrill (Yes I kept on saving after every battle) and played through the story. I got to the SS Anne and when I got to the part where you battle Gary, it froze and froze, over and over, time after time, repeating and repeating, get the idea? So I took it back to Gamestop and exchanged it for my Firered and I haven't had any problems with it.

Back