• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst fakedex

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
    i have a sudgestion for the legendaries, if the 3rd one is related to the fire and ice ones,make a 3rd element of the clay things and use the balenced one as a leader thingy for them, it would make more sense then :) unless their backstory explains things :L

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Their backstory does explain things but I still haven't had the motivation to clean it up into a more post-able form. I'll be sure to post it here once I get it done, though P:

here's some more sprites instead of talk:
    Worst fakedex

yeeetiiiiss

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2011
    You need to make a game just so I can have MEH TESLA!!! (mehtesla). JK, though, I really like the new line, though the electric typing needs to be a little more evident. It looks pure ice right now, actually.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Fluffy fur + cold weather = MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF STATIC ELECTRICITY :D
    Their dex entries are also mostly about their static-y fur (but I never post them here because they're poorly written oops)
    Plus, adding yellow or something looks pretty iffy with the blue (at least the yellows I tried).
    By the way, I've also noticed that there are official pokémon whose type doesn't really show up in their looks (Sneasel an ice type? idk if they even explain it in the 'dex). :U

aaanyywayyy
    Worst fakedex

Worst fakedex

Older sprites I touched up a bit; these two were originally final forms of starters for a contest on another forum. I think they do pretty well as standalone 'mons (besides their pre-evolutions were kinda plain).

I also finished making shinies for all the finished sprites but there are so many I don't think I'll upload them. Probably when I've finished the whole dex? idk

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Colour doesn't necessarily imply type, there's tons of cases backing this up, Flygon is green&red ffs.
    The only exception are the starters, which shouldn't go too far from their traditional green/red/blue colours.
    And also there's types that don't really have an obvious matching colour like Fight, or Dragon...
    I find it annoying when people tell you to change the colours on a fakemon because of it's type x_x

As for Sneasel, note that it's type is Dark/Ice, not Ice/Dark. It's main type is Dark, so it's to be expected that this one would stand out in it's look first, if any.

So if Flaaffy (being pure electric, not just as it's extra type) is alright, the yeti is too.

Their backstory does explain things but I still haven't had the motivation to clean it up into a more post-able form. I'll be sure to post it here once I get it done, though P:

here's some more sprites instead of talk:
    Worst fakedex

yeeetiiiiss

I have my own Ice/Elec fakemon xD
    It started off as a yeti, but slowly changed to resemble a kangaroo over the past 8 years or so LOL

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Haha, yeah, thanks P:

here's something new (that definitely shows its type)
    Worst fakedex

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Haha, yeah, thanks P:

here's something new (that definitely shows its type)
    Worst fakedex

A rotating blob that shoots fire out the sides, after gaining speed upon evolution the result is a fiery whirlwind.
    Genious!

I've been thinking about how I could integrate a whirlwind into a pokemon, but seems I wasn't thinking in enough dimensions, never occured to me the body would be in the center and off ground wtf xD

This is one of those designs where people would wonder how the hidden part looks.Need to come up with one of these too lol.

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2011
    I love the new line. That's honestly the best fakemon I've ever seen. Perfect design, perfect sprite. Oh, and on the yeti, I understood the static concept, but didn't think the electricity was evident enough.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
    WOW im actualy loving your Dex! hope you complete this :) Also have you seen Project community dex? its a page on here where people look at ideas people have submitted and sprite them for a pokedex made by us :) its run by moderators so its completley allowed, you would be a great help to it :) your skills are fenomenal :D

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks! I've seen the Communitydex thread, but I don't really like spriting other people's ideas or fakes. :U

Worst fakedex

I HATE TENCLIPSE'S SPRITE and probably will do a new one soon so I don't necessarily need any crit on it
    probably also make my sister alter the design (asked her, she promised to try tomorrow) so that sprite is just a placeholder

note: this is a split evolution, i.e. Lunarf doesn't evolve into Tenclipse

Years
    Thanks! I've seen the Communitydex thread, but I don't really like spriting other people's ideas or fakes. :U

Worst fakedex

I HATE TENCLIPSE'S SPRITE and probably will do a new one soon so I don't necessarily need any crit on it
    probably also make my sister alter the design (asked her, she promised to try tomorrow) so that sprite is just a placeholder

I really like your works, they are all very good, but one thing i'd like to ask is why is pupcent rock typed? it just doesnt seem to fit.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    You kinda seem to put yourself down by saying 'worst fakedex'
    Because this is the best I have seen! :D

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years

Worst fakedex

Pupcent being pure Rock doesn't seem right. I don't mean design-wise, but illogical. It would mean that upon evolution it becomes less Rock type, since it changes from pure Rock to Psychic(or Dark) with Rock just as the additional type. Also this has not happened in the past official 650 (not saying it's impossible, just that it's usually not viable), so a pure Ground Trapinch evolves into Ground/Dragon Vibrava, not Dragon/Ground.

To make sense it should be either:
    -Rock -> Rock/Psy - Rock/Dark
    -Normal/Rock -> Psy/Rock - Dark/Rock
    depending on whether Rock is the main type of this line or if it's just the extra.

Btw, why don't you add methods of evolution? As long as there's just stuff that evolves by lv up it's not that interesting alright, but when you get to stuff like split evolutions, one starts to wonder what the difference in evolving would be which decided what it evolves to.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks!

@MiTjA: whoa whoa does it really matter? This isn't gonna be in any game or anything, yet people keep writing essays on why some of these should be typed differently or how the types are in the WRONG ORDER RAURGH :?
    I have yet to receive much critique on the sprites themselves, mostly just about typings (and crit on the sprites is why I'm posting them here!). If I wanted people to argue about the typings and concepts, I would've posted some concept art in the Art Gallery instead. :U

To your other question: I could probably make a complete dex with abilities, evolution-howtos and poorly written dex entries after I've finished spriting all of these.

@Negative-Zero: moon = a big rock, Pupcent = moon + wolf

@bouttifull: nope, you're not imagining it :D
    it's just a bird name combined with knockout, nothing wrong with that (it was named by a person on another forum, I liked it and so it stuck)

My sister's busy with her plane mechanic school so I got her permission to edit Tenclipse's design myself.
    maybe better? idek at least I don't hate it that much (aside from the paws but I've never been good with them anyway)
    Worst fakedex

note: I am up to my eyeballs in spriting Tenclipse over and over again, so I'm pretty sure I don't want to mess with it anymore

Weespotty

The girl of nature
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Thats neat. Maybe the old sprite could be part of its amimation.

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    @ Weespotty: that wouldn't really work, since it has a different design and it's considerably bigger, too. The old sprite is going to the trash bin C:

And now, first fossil line out of three!
    Worst fakedex

(rock type because fossil, please comment on the sprite instead of the typing or I'll seriously ftfo)

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    @ Weespotty: that wouldn't really work, since it has a different design and it's considerably bigger, too. The old sprite is going to the trash bin C:

And now, first fossil line out of three!
    Worst fakedex

(rock type because fossil, please comment on the sprite instead of the typing or I'll seriously ftfo)

Fowilisk is maybe a bit to big, I mean it's head and neck are the same size before and after evolution... or not that's really just my opinion.
    The black line in it's back should look better if it was slightly less curved, so it'd end about 2 pixels farther outside along it's right ear.
    Otherwise the shading and sprite quality in general are great as always.

@MiTjA: whoa whoa does it really matter? This isn't gonna be in any game or anything, yet people keep writing essays on why some of these should be typed differently or how the types are in the WRONG ORDER RAURGH :?
    I have yet to receive much critique on the sprites themselves, mostly just about typings (and crit on the sprites is why I'm posting them here!). If I wanted people to argue about the typings and concepts, I would've posted some concept art in the Art Gallery instead. :U

You post sprites with types below them, people will comment about it. Maybe if you only posted the sprites... no, people would start asking if they're this or that type, because types are simply part of pokemon.

I just thought that maybe you'd find it interesting to find out that type order is not random, but yeah, except for me and those guys at gamefreak no one actually cares, so sorry I won't say a thing about types again.

Last edited:

moudinho

Moudinho Of All Trades
    Years
    Yeah, no one's stopping you as long as you don't go blatantly stealing these designs and ideas :B I'm most likely not the first or last person to make meteorite/comet fakes.

Anyway, here's the promised third legendary!
    Worst fakedex

FORMES FORMES FORMES FORMES

(it's supposed to be very alien-looking and eccentric since it's extraterrestrial like the comet/meteor ones)
    There's a long story behind these legendaries and how they're connected but I'm not typing it since it's loooong!

Sorry,but only the balanced form looks impressive,imbalanced form looks,well....crappy.

Back