• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you change anything about your favorite Pokémon?

Years
  • As the title says, is there anything about any of your favorite Pokémon you'd change? This can be anything from parts of its design to stats/movesets and even evolution methods.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    For Espeon:
    1. A better shiny. Draws energy from the sun. Why not something yellow-ish orange? Fiddled with colors in GIMP with no real skill.
    Would you change anything about your favorite Pokémon?
    Will not defend it as amazing. Retained a bit too much green. Still beats radioactive green. Might prefer a darker purple over this. Prefers not to go as dark as Umbreon, though. Maybe something like an ear / fur switch instead too?

2. Swap its hidden ability with its regular ability. Hates locking the fun abilities behind hidden abilities.

Beyond that? No. Was going to say movepool. Plagues most offensive-minded eeveelutions. Picked up Power Gem in Scarlet/Violet, though. Expands its offensive options well enough. Knows a bunch of other interesting moves between dual screens, Morning Sun, Baton Pass/Stored Power (with Calm Mind and Curse as options), Fake Tears, Thunder Wave/Yawn, Trick Room, Skill Swap, and still more. Are all of those good ideas? Absolutely not. Appreciates the option, regardless.

Already has good enough stats and a great ability. Does not mind the evolution method. Cares less about the gender balance with breeding being less important. (Would be fine with 50/50 on that, however.)

Years
  • A more standout shiny.
    Spoiler:

I'd also give it Slush Rush as an ability.

Prior to the change from Hail to Snowstorm I would've swapped Ice Body out for it.
    Evasion rarely works against the NPC's in my experience, if ever at all, so now I'd swap out Snow Cloak for it.

BluShell

Lost in the Sound
    Years
  • I'm in agreement with Glaceon. Its unusually high physical Defense always felt to me like it got accidentally swapped with its Speed stat and they didn't bother correcting it. Ice tends to be a horrible defensive typing, and its subpar HP certainly does not help it. Perhaps swapping its Special Defense and Speed, then swapping its defenses around?

Ability-wise, replace Snow Cloak with Slush Rush to complement Leafeon's Chlorophyll, enabling Glaceon to outspeed stuff more reliably. And regarding movepool, there's got to be better coverage options for it than Water Pulse. Dazzling Gleam, Power Gem, and even Scald are possible options, while U-Turn could be helpful for the Eeveelutions in general.

unovaboo

Three Dewotts in a Trenchcoat
    Years
  • For Skitty, Leafeon and the Oshawott family, I'd give them better shinies. For Leafeon, I think changing the leaves to autumn colors would be spectacular. As for Skitty and the Wotts, I'd swap their colors. A lot of blue Pokemon have pink shinies and vice versa, so it would continue that trend whilst also looking good. Blue shiny Skitty and pink shiny Oshawott in particular would be adorable.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nothing, Treecko is perfect. Honestly, I'd change Sceptile to be Grass/Dragon since its mega evolution is gone forever now. But, other than that, there's nothing to really change, Treecko is fine the way it is.

Sneasel, though, honestly... Make its evolution more accessible in the game its evolution debuted in. You can't get the Razor Claw until after you beat the damn game. Like, that's so stupid. Make it accessible at some point earlier than Route 224 in Diamond/Pearl!

Litwick, I wouldn't do anything. As it is fine the way it is. Learns pretty decent moves, is pretty easy to find in the game you encounter it in, etc.

And Dewott, I'd have Samurott Water/Fighting. "But, Kory, Pignite is--!" I don't care. I literally don't care. Samurott is disappointing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    For Zekrom I think I would:

-Change Teravolt so that it not only functions like Mold Breaker, but also makes Fairy types and Ground types not immune to its STABs (or at least do something about the fact that both its STABs have a type that is immune to them)
    -Change the 3D models so that they are black like the Gen 5 sprites were and not this less good looking gray

Years
  • Shiny Butterfree isn't pink... I mean it was right there.

It's stats also aren't great, which I guess is to be expected of an early game Bug type Pokemon. But it's even lower than most other fully evolved Bug types, and some single stage evolutions like Illumise/Volbeat and Durant. Would just love for my buddy to be a little more useful in the games past the first few Gyms.

Years
  • Dragonite's shiny sucks. It's pre-evolution Dragonair has a pretty one, deep rose scales with a golden orb, but dragonite wasn't so lucky with pickle and raisin color combo. So i would like the king of the dragons to have something nice too. Maybe silver like a knight's armor?

Everything else about this pokemon is ridicously good, and the shiny is the only downside that i can't work around.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd remove Snow Cloak from Froslass because for me it was allways like having a Pokémon with no Ability:

First: Evasion boosting strategies are awfully cheap and unreliable.
    Second, it's pretty bad on Froslass anyway. Virtually useless in doubles unless you to make a Hail/Snow team and team up with at least another Ice type, which isn't something I personally like.
    And on singles it forces Froslass to sacrifice a move slot for Hail/Snowstorm, and wasting a turn for the setup, which is too risky for a Pokémon with such low defenses.

I imagine it would be better now that Ice weather has been changed to something to benefit Ice types instead of something that most of the time it was just to annoy non-Ice types, but still Evasion strats suck.

Replace with? Levitate. Simple but useful.

It makes sense since Froslass is clearly levitating, just like other Ghost types like Mismagius or Haunter. And the gained immunity would be great to improve its efectiveness as a Ground type counter.

Years
  • My favorite is Dragonite and the only thing I would change about it would be to swap it's Sp. Atk and Speed base stats. Dragonite is great as it is but having a base 100 Speed stat would make it even more dangerous in battle. Also I would have loved to see a mega Dragonite but it's probably too late for that now.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • As far as I know, Mimikyu is perfect as he is. I love him so much! However, if I had to make him even more special, I would:
    -Give him a wider range of Electric-type moves (like, you know, Volt Tackle), or the Electric-type in itself (alongside either Fairy or Ghost, though Fairy would be better as far as resistances are concerned.) One could achieve that giving him a new costume also based on Pikachu, but with conductive properties.
    -Change his Shiny. The grayscale is okay, but I would have liked it more if it had imitated Pikachu's Shiny form.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My three main favorites are Starmie, Reshiram, and Serperior. I would make Starmie's Special Attack a little bit higher and give it some stat-boosting moves, Reshiram's Speed a little bit higher, and give Serperior a bigger movepool, especially more moves that can help it take advantage of Contrary rather than just Leaf Storm.

Empoleon671

不要
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    empoleon gained roost as well as steel beam in LA, but aside from that, i'd probably give it more movepool options regardless. i would've loved to see it gain a signature ability move or mega but i think we're probably too late for mega evolutions as sad as that may be.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I guess the only thing I'd change about Charjabug would be its color schemes (both normal and Shiny)? They're good and all, but I've never been a big fan of olive or scarlet.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • The only thing I would likely change with Mimikyu is not so much a change, but an addition to it. I've thought for a while now that it would be nice for Mimikyu to have multiple options of different cloaks that could be changed out at any time. There's plenty of fan art of this, and with it still being pretty popular, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten this treatment yet. Aside from that... I can't really think of too much to change with it. Its shiny is a little boring, but not too sure what would look better for it? Someone else's suggestion of matching Pikachu's shiny form might be better, it would make a lot more sense than the silver/grey one.

Back