• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you eat pokemon eggs

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    back at it again

@ title

why/why not? what do u think they would taste like? would they taste different depending on like... species? type? if there are different flavors, does that mean certain ways if cooking would be preferable?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    i assume only some are edible? :thonk: like torchic eggs, or doduo eggs. or most birb pokemon eggs, if not all (idek if that's possible irl)

also, if u eat a togepi would it count as eating a pokemon egg? are the eggs chansey/blissey carry edible?

Years
    Pokemon eggs would likely taste very similar to each other. I'd imagine certain types would certainly have an influence on the taste or texture like fire, ice and water however at the end of it all, it'll taste like chicken.

Oh, and you'd likely not want to eat an egg from a poison type. For obvious reasons.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i assume only some are edible? :thonk: like torchic eggs, or doduo eggs. or most birb pokemon eggs, if not all (idek if that's possible irl)

also, if u eat a togepi would it count as eating a pokemon egg? are the eggs chansey/blissey carry edible?
    are not all bird eggs irl edible? i mean, i think they are, just maybe not... tasty.

togepi is uh. a good question. i bet its a delicacy. i would probably count it as meat not egg tho.

are the eggs chansey and blissey carry not just their own unfertilized eggs?

Pokemon eggs would likely taste very similar to each other. I'd imagine certain types would certainly have an influence on the taste or texture like fire, ice and water however at the end of it all, it'll taste like chicken.

Oh, and you'd likely not want to eat an egg from a poison type. For obvious reasons.
    fire egg comes pre-cooked
    water egg soggy
    ice egg cronchy

does it depend on the poison type tho? like maybe half-poison pkmn only have a little toxicity in their eggs. maybe it gives a bit of a high.... humans like things that evolved to be poisons, after all

Years
    oh gosh this is odd to think about but i suppose i would if it's a bird mon egg? thinking of eating any other eggs is just....odd to me @_@ i can't imagine eggs of like, bug and ice type mons being very pleasant to to eat

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    are not all bird eggs irl edible? i mean, i think they are, just maybe not... tasty.
    Idk tbh, maybe they are. I only know ppl eat chicken, ostrich and quail eggs and that's why i gave thos examples (tho doduo isn't rly an ostrich, it's supposed to be a dodo but w/e)

also idk if ppl eat irl bug eggs? probably those could be edible too if ppl do that :thonk:

Years
    Not even considering the fact I would eat them or not, I wonder if eggs produced by a Ditto would taste the same as a regular Pokemon. Like, a Torchic egg might be very chicken-like, but if a male Blaziken mated with a Ditto, would the egg be more slimy or something? Or would it be the same, and then there are Pokemon breeders who take advantage of this to speficially breed Pokemon eggs for consumption?

CameranW

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    What do you suppose pokemons' eggs smell like? Haha. I wonder. If you were to smell a ditto's eggs or a blaziken's eggs, would they smell really bad? Hah.

Years
    Just the ones from bird Pokemon so I know what's coming out. I don't think I'd be a fan of Mr. Mime eggs.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    There's an NPC that says that Pokémon eggs are more like cradles than eggs, so I'm under the impression that you'd find a fully-developed Pokémon inside if you were to crack one open (barring the egg from Chansey and Blissey's pouch, which doesn't seem to be a true "Pokémon egg").

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i love this general "just from bird pokémon" consensus even tho i dont get it lmao
    Idk tbh, maybe they are. I only know ppl eat chicken, ostrich and quail eggs and that's why i gave thos examples (tho doduo isn't rly an ostrich, it's supposed to be a dodo but w/e)

also idk if ppl eat irl bug eggs? probably those could be edible too if ppl do that :thonk:
    they certainly eat fish eggs at least! caviar, right? duck eggs are also a thing

Not even considering the fact I would eat them or not, I wonder if eggs produced by a Ditto would taste the same as a regular Pokemon. Like, a Torchic egg might be very chicken-like, but if a male Blaziken mated with a Ditto, would the egg be more slimy or something? Or would it be the same, and then there are Pokemon breeders who take advantage of this to speficially breed Pokemon eggs for consumption?
    on one hand ditto just copies entirely, right, but on the other maybe yeah theres a certain stage if development where it's just a little more slimy than a purebred egg. i wonder if that would continue down the family tree? like blaziken/blaziken is normal chickeny egg. but then they make an egg that hatches and grows up and mates with a ditto to make a slimy egg. does that egg then grow up to be a blaziken and mate with a blaziken to make like, a half-slimy egg?

Just the ones from bird Pokemon so I know what's coming out. I don't think I'd be a fan of Mr. Mime eggs.
    why Mr Mime specifically? I'm thinking of that "how to prepare Mr Mime" tumblr post...

Years
    • Seen today
    Nope, I don't even like real eggs.

But then again maybe Pokemon Universe food is different, so I would be open to trying.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Nope, i only eat real life eggs because i think they are not fertilized, and please don't tell me the truth

Also i'm pretty sure GameFreak made that "Female Pokemon lay eggs (despite that most pokemon aren't reptiles/birds)" due to the fact that an already baby offspring of your pokemon wouldn't be that much interesting, and not because of the game being targered "for kids" as the original japanese version already has swearing and adult themes (Like the old man blocking the path actually being drunk and smoking)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Nope, i only eat real life eggs because i think they are not fertilized, and please don't tell me the truth

Also i'm pretty sure GameFreak made that "Female Pokemon lay eggs (despite that most pokemon aren't reptiles/birds)" due to the fact that an already baby offspring of your pokemon wouldn't be that much interesting, and not because of the game being targered "for kids" as the original japanese version already has swearing and adult themes (Like the old man blocking the path actually being drunk and smoking)
    i mean the truth is that you're right and they are not fertilized bc hens will regularly lay eggs no matter what & places that produce eggs as a product rather than a byproduct would never keep a rooster anywhere near their hens. so keep your mind at ease, i suppose!

regardless of the origin of "pokemon lay eggs", the canon fact now is that they all do! which does beg the question of- are they like hens, laying eggs whenever and not caring if theyre fertilized or not? or do they lay them only when the egg is viable? does it depend on the pokemon? i lile to think that some of them lay eggs unfertilized, at least- chansey, maybe, cause otherwise whats up with the egg in its pouch? and maybe the bird pokemon in general.

pkmin3033

Pokemon eggs are HUGE, they're like half again the size of Kiwi eggs. No way I'd be able to eat all that =/

...plus I'd probably get food poisoning. I highly doubt most Pokemon eggs would actually be edible - poison types especially. Can you imagine eating a Grimer egg, or a Trubbish egg?

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    Tossing in another "only bird pokémon eggs" because why not?......ok maybe not. People in that world do eat eggs..right?

Can you imagine eating a Grimer egg, or a Trubbish egg?
    I was going to say non-bird pkmn eggs are a big no, but this is beyond that. It physically pains me to imagine those "eggs" on a plate.....

Also, does the Exeggcute line count as eggs? If so, will anyone want to eat it/them?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    i mean the truth is that you're right and they are not fertilized bc hens will regularly lay eggs no matter what & places that produce eggs as a product rather than a byproduct would never keep a rooster anywhere near their hens. so keep your mind at ease, i suppose!

OK thank you sir, due to the coronav*rus epidemy i often eat eggs for breakfast (either with bread and butter or just as hard boiled)

Back