• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Would you like a 4th remake of RBY/GSC?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Would you like to see another remake for RBY and GSC? Or is two enough? Would the game be boring (if it already hasn't become that)? Or would the latest graphics and features, lift the originals to a never before seen level of fun?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've gotten sick of Kanto and Johto by now and to have yet another remake of them happen would be nothing but trying to please the nostalgia freaks who still brag about them being the "best", especially Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Edit: I would probably should hav wrote this to make the argument sound better but it seems a lot of people always figure that only Nostalgia freaks want remakes of Kanto and yes that is true but there is alot of people that aren't nostalgia freaks who want to enjoy Kanto in the current day of Pokemon with the flaws Red and Blue and to an extent Fire Red and Leaf Green had.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Fourth remake? I'm fairly certain there's just one set of remakes for each. Did you mean Kanto appearing in four sets of games?

Back on topic... nah. Kanto and Johto got as good as they were going to get in HGSS, and we don't really need more remakes of them. Especially since all the Pokemon from those regions are obtainable in other regions.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Though I'm a fan of the original games and the remakes that have been made. I'd say there most likely won't be another remake, the next remake in the line is Gen 4. Plus, if we keep recycling the remakes then how would the journey continue? Now I may be crazy but, I wouldn't mind seeing a game that connected two or three games together such as SS/HG did. Meaning after beating the Pokémon League you could travel to Kanto and face the Gyms there as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    It just depends on if they do something a little different, honestly. It doesn't have to be a major change to the game; I would just more enjoy some extra after game content added on, and maybe some minor changes to the storyline to accommodate new lore and Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    A revamp of Yellow akin to Fire Red / Leaf Green would be cool but otherwise, whatever.

Years
  • it's been over 10 years and (3 handhelds?) since the last remake of kanto. Surely there's a new generation of 7-12 year olds that would enjoy exploring kanto for the first time. Not to mention with the various updates such as battle towers and pokeathelon, megas and 3ds graphics they can remake said classic versions and bring them up to par with the current gens game quality. and While Johto's remakes haven't been quite as long, they stand to benefit from these perks as well.

We fail to remember, they aren't making these games for nostalgic fans, they are really for new generations of children getting into pokemon.

Most of us on this site might be burnt out from kanto and johto, but there are still tons whom have yet to explore them and either don't know how, or refuse to "hack"

So sure i think it would be worthwhile.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Gen 1 re-remake with the new Pokemon > Gen 4 remake.

I make fun of Kanto a lot but I think it could be made better with the new features and graphics found in X/Y. I would also like to see new Pokemon placements for the new gen Pokemon and a fixed/expanded story to Kanto.
    There was so much wrong to Gen 1 looking back at it and it would be nice to see a re-remake of its main games.

As Gen 4 is already epicly awesome without a remake, I think we should have our minds blown after a second Red and Green remake.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Would you like to see another remake for RBY and GSC? Or is two enough? Would the game be boring (if it already hasn't become that)? Or would th e latest graphics and features, lift the originals to a never before seen level of fun?

Where are you getting two remakes from? RBY and GSC both have only one remake each.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Where are you getting two remakes from? RBY and GSC both have only one remake each.

I think it was just a silly mistake, he probably mixed it up. He didn't mean it, haha. The proper saying should be second remake for each classic. {XD}

Getting back on the main topic, I wouldn't want a remake; I want a reboot -- a game that has the current generation's standards -- new plot, new characters (from little to none old human characters), diverse regional dexes and etc. etc. :)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Getting back on the main topic, I wouldn't want a remake; I want a reboot -- a game that has the current generation's standards -- new plot, new characters (from little to none old human characters), diverse regional dexes and etc. etc. :)

Pretty much this.

My main issue with FR/LG was that they added nothing new to the original games (unless you count the Sevii Islands, which were bleh), they were just a re-hash of the Red and Blue story with a new lick of paint.

If we can have a game which takes place in Kanto, at around the same time as the Gen I games took place, but implement all of the new mechanics, and tell a new story from a fresh perspective, I would be interested.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pretty much this.

My main issue with FR/LG was that they added nothing new to the original games (unless you count the Sevii Islands, which were bleh), they were just a re-hash of the Red and Blue story with a new lick of paint.

If we can have a game which takes place in Kanto, at around the same time as the Gen I games took place, but implement all of the new mechanics, and tell a new story from a fresh perspective, I would be interested.

This so true. I'm a picky person myself, HGSS(and ORAS) aren't up to my standards either. I appreciate the change and updates, but they're not enough in my opinion. In fact, every remakes are almost rehash of their classic counterparts. Game Freak are too conservative on rebooting the classics, I hate that. Ignore the haters, innovative ideas are what makes games new and different, probably special too.

Regarding Sevii Islands, it's a region with so much wasted potential. Instead of improving the experience, it further dragged Kanto for its boring.

Unless it's a reboot, it's a flat hell no to remakes.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I referred to and am still referring to the total number of remakes for FRLG and HGSS which is two.

Well you are both correct, FRLG and HGSS are two series; two pairs that includes four different games, namely they are FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

But enough on the trivial matters, Nathan what's your thoughts on the remakes? Would you like to see them again? Why or why not? :)

Years
  • I agree with Sun, I'd love another Kanto remake but only if they switch things up instead of recycling the story from the original games again. I have always found Kanto a bland region and it needs something fresh to the table.

Years
  • I actually have the opposite view of most people, I would personally only want them to remake the original games again if they stayed true to them and left out major new mechanics (especially mega evolution) until the post-game. One of the best things about FR/LG and HG/SS is how they stick to the originals and the worst thing about FR/LG is probably the compulsory nature of activities on the Sevii Islands to be able to reach Cerulean Cave.

I don't want another remake though. I would rather see Diamond & Pearl given a remake first and they probably won't be a thing for a long time.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • As much as I adore HGSS, I wouldn't appreciate a new remake. I think Kanto/Johto have been overdone - in particular Kanto. I think some things are left best if they're left alone. Although, I can't say the same for Sinnoh. I cannot wait for a Sinnoh remake if one ever comes! That would be refreshing.

Back