• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see an Anime about Sherlock Holmes?

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
Years
  • Hey I wanted to ask if you guys would like to see an actual Sherlock Holmes Anime (without any dog bull$!t). Because I would enjoy an anime like that.
    Oh and BTW maybe you know an anime that reminds you (is like the) Sherlock Holmes series,books etc.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • There is a dog version of it called Sherlock Hound, It's not really that good but it has the Sherlock Holmes aspect. Also there is an anime called Case Closed which the MC is called Conan but it is heavily influenced by Sherlock Holmes.

Finally we have a Japanese/Italian anime with the name Sherlock Holmes, I am sure you could find a subbed or dubbed version somewhere on the internet.

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
    Years
  • https://anilist.co/anime/21040/VampireHolmes

This is meant to be starting in Spring. (But I don't think its a proper Holmes story)

Wow thanks you got me hyped! Can't wait to try watching it! The vampire concept seems awesome! Will you try watching it?

There is a dog version of it called Sherlock Hound, It's not really that good but it has the Sherlock Holmes aspect. Also there is an anime called Case Closed which the MC is called Conan but it is heavily influenced by Sherlock Holmes.

Finally we have a Japanese/Italian anime with the name Sherlock Holmes, I am sure you could find a subbed or dubbed version somewhere on the internet.

Thanks I did know bout Case Closed! =) And the dog thing... I might look up for the Italian one you mentioned.

https://anilist.co/anime/21040/VampireHolmes

This is meant to be starting in Spring. (But I don't think its a proper Holmes story)

It sucks that it will be a short form anime tho... =(

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Haha, as soon as I saw the title my mind went right to Hidan no Aria.

If there was a serious anime with Sherlock Holmes-style mystery solving, even without Sherlock himself, that would be awesome.
    Of course, if there was an anime set in London with Sherlock as the hero, it would probably be completely insane, because it would actually be set in "anime London."

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Honestly if there was one I would watch it, but I'm not hyped about it or anything. Mystery and mystery cases are some of my favorite types of anime, however I do like the variety of main characters and how they take on their cases. Characters which are inspired by Sherlock rather than Sherlock himself I personally find more interesting than having to watch storied about the detective over again.
    Notably aside from Cased Closed, anime like Tantei Gakuen Q and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo. Slightly love their live action versions more, but enjoyable nevertheless.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I rather prefer to watch an Anime about Modern day High-schooner Sherlock Holmes move to Japan and meet a female Watson as they start solving mystery together.

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I would have to agree with Famon that an unordinary version of Sherlock Holmes where Watson is a female might be pretty interesting to watch, I am not a massive fan of romance but given that it would be more mystery, pysch orientated it might be pretty good.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I rather prefer to watch an Anime about Modern day High-schooner Sherlock Holmes move to Japan and meet a female Watson as they start solving mystery together.
    Are you absolutely sure you want a female Watson?
    Would you like to see an Anime about Sherlock Holmes?

Because Ace Attorney did it

Back