• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you watch a Pokemon Special anime?

Pokemon Special anime? Y/N?

• Yes

Votes: 131 97.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KatouBot

Monkey In The Middle
    Years
    I would watch. But they would find a way to ruin it somehow. Making it to childish, having awesome voices and then recasting every voice, or something else. I would stick with it though for the characters and story...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Would be cool if they did that. Apart from Ash in the show conmtinously losing at some point in the league I also don't like that he doesnt age officially . (I think especially gary looks older and is surely more mature , but officially they don't age and that sucks.

Years
    LOL, I voted yes and was shocked to see 2 blasphemous votes. XP

Anyways, of course YES, I WANT TO CRAM DOWN THE THROATS OF NON-BELIEVERS THE FACT THAT POKEMON IS NOT 4KIDS. *shot*

Rai-chan

DINOSAURSMASH!!
    Years
    I'd watch it, but if the anime ruins it, I'd just forget it and continue to read the manga.

justmaee

Overlooking The Unseen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    -x-
    It would be cool but, the voices are the only problems, but I wouldn't mind some of the voices Taichi's link used. The plot would be awesome if they didn't waste too much time and make every second count, but the manga is really okay, so I'd still prefer reading it.

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
    YES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHH
    because?
    BECAUSE THE MANGA IS FAKEN FAR MORE AWSOME THEN THE ANIME!!!!!!
    ( no offenses for those who whatch, i followed it to the Hohenn region but i lost track there, and besides, ash NEVER GETS OLDER WTF??? )

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    aint some one making one?

anyways duh i would watch. i might just be on the yellow arc but im a huge fan. and it would be a awesome anime

pr0udy

Wannabe Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    If they don't completely balls up the voice acting, then ASDF YES WANT.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Omg yes! In every single way, yes!!!

Nothing could go wrong with this anime! It's so serious, non-humorous, and just really easy to sit down and get into. Has amazing characters with excellent backgrounds and they're so 3 dimensional! I would absolutely love to see that.

EXCEPT.

I do not want to see the pussified Silver. I completely can not stand him. I want to see him the way he was in the original G/S/C games. That's the Silver I know and love.

But.
    I would kill to see the Masked Man.
    Omg.
    How I would kill.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Hell yes. I hate the current anime, which is why I haven't watched it since 2003. Even though I haven't read Pokemon Special, I've read summaries and such, and I can tell that it's more "serious" than the anime.

lol, and you wanna know why else I'd watch a Pokemon Special anime? Because the main character is named Red (not Ash), and his starter Pokemon is NOT a Pikachu! And everything evil doesn't have to be defeated by the power of "teamwork", it can be defeated by the power of being a badass! That's what I would like to see. And I want none of this "Gym Leaders following main character" crap *coughBROCKANDMISTYcough*. I mean, come on, that's like making a Pokemon D/P/Pt-based anime where Roark and Gardenia follows Lucas around the Sinnoh region.

EDIT: And no 4Kids please.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    justmaee, please don't bump posts more than a month old. You seem to have posted in a thread where the last post was over a year ago - which requires me to close this thread. If you want to continue the discussion, just create a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back