• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Writing Prompts

Bay

Years
  • Hiya, for today's discussion let's talk about writing prompts! Are you the type of person better at writing from someone else's idea than your own? Do you go out of your way to find writing prompts through Tumblr/Twitter/Dreamwidth/etc? Perhaps you've done fic exchanges where you have to write something from someone else's prompt, and if so how was that experience?

For me I used to sometimes check prompts through Tumblr and Dreamwidth when I felt like writing for a fandom but don't know what I want to write. I still occasionally do through prompts from Twitter as that's where some fandoms I'm in are more active. I also did quite a bunch of fic exchanges and enjoyed doing them for the most part.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm better at writing my own things. I've never been good with pre determined prompts. I tried it once with a traitor prompt on Twitter, but it just wasn't on par with stuff I write promptless.

But, I might try writing based on a prompt again soon and see what I can flesh out from it.

Back