• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WTF is wrong with Aerial Ace?!?

Emlam

Old School
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Arcanine can Teleport, Kabuto can Mega Kick, Snorlax can fire off a Thunderbolt, Psywave or Solar Beam ... O_o

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I giggle when I found out Golbat/Crobat and sum other flying pokemon can learn hypnosis and heat wave. ~~weird lol

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I can see being hypnotized by a Crobat ... Heat Wave's certainly a bit of an odd 'un though.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Well a raticate can dance, so why not for rain? Why can an electrode use rain dance? Wouldn't the rain break it's circuits?
    Where is it said that Electrode are mechanical? Last I checked, it wasn't part Steel.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • Well..... Pikachu can know Surf and Fly, so........

Awesome Pikachu with Wings and Fins! Sweet!

Also, can they be learned as an egg move, so I can have flying and surfing Pichus?

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • Pokémon isn't one for logic, lets face it. They poison each other, burn each other and paralyse each other. xD

It's just funny how Pokémon that can learn random moves. xD

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Admit it: Having a real-life Nidoking that can use Fire Blast would be freakin' AWESOME.

"Holy **** it's a dinosaur covered in poison spikes! Okay, keep calm, it's only a Nidoking - at least it's slow and can't get to us from way over -- *FWOOOOOOOOOOSH* "

Mwahaha.
    No, better: Surf/Thunder/Fire Blast Nidoking.

"Okay, I know you're covered in 3rd-degree burns, but let's just get in the water and we'll be safe. It's a Ground type and there's no way that thing can swi-- AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Quick, dive, at least we'll be safer underwa-- BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT"

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Because just enough of the TM's *are* governed by some vague sort of logic (you need horns to learn Horn Drill, eggs to learn Egg Bomb, wings to learn Whirlwind) to make the rest seem all the more illogical in comparison. :P

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
  • Where is it said that Electrode are mechanical? Last I checked, it wasn't part Steel.

I honestly think it should. If a simple pokeball had a typing, it would definitely be steel, and maybe a litte electric. Besides, its a ball of electricity. What do you think would happen. Oh and it shouldn't be able to dance anyway, should be called "Rain Roll-Around" for electrode

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • whats the natural difference between ground steel and rock, could there be a iron type

It really is just a game, if you want logic in pokemon look at the horrible anime

"NOSEPASS IS A ROCK TYPE SO IT ISN'T AFFECTED BY ELECTRIC TYPE MOVES HURR DURR"
    oh wait no electric type moves are neutral to rock types oh right...

Wait wait doesn't whirlwind "blow enemies away" so the only explination is that a gaseous eruption comes from hariyama and blows enemies away.
    let your imagination do the rest :)

ok pretend you don't have a pokemon called Steven H. (steven hawkings or w/e) that you wait for it to be paralyzed XD

Ok the only explanation for nidoking and all the rest of the pokemon having Fire blast or thunder is quite simple.... They're wizards who use magic. don't argue with it. just go with it.
    Yeah... just waiting on this TM (technical magic) once again don't argue
    WTF is wrong with Aerial Ace?!?

Last edited:
    Back