• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Anniversary Event: X/Y Quiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The entry period is now over. No more submissions will be accepted at this time. Don't PM me answers.

I'll get to grading your quizzes, and then post the results and stuff tomorrow.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, it's time to announce the winner. It turned out when I was grading the quizzes that we had a tie between Candela and Harmonious Fusion, so I asked them one additional question as a tie-breaker. And the highest scorer here was:

Harmonious Fusion, with a score of 18/20 plus getting the bonus correct. So congrats to you! And thanks everyone for participating! n_n

Now, I'm sure that y'all are curious as to what all the correct answers are, so here ya go:

1) What region does X and Y take place in?
    Kalos

2) How many new Pokemon were introduced in X and Y (not counting Mega Evolutions)?
    69, 70, and 72 were all correct answers, because it depends on if you wanna count Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion or not.

3) What are the two special pieces of clothing you can get in the games?
    Pangoro Hat/Bamboo Sprig Hat and Slurpuff Dress/Sundae Dress

4) What are the types of the 8 Gyms in X and Y?
    Bug, Rock, Fighting, Grass, Electric, Fairy, Psychic, Ice

5) What major changes to breeding were made in X/Y?
    I was looking for 4 things here. You needed to get all 4 to get credit for this one:
    -Destiny Knot passes down 5IVs between the two parents
    -Males can pass down their Hidden Ability if bred with a Ditto
    -Females can pass down egg moves
    -Babies will be born in the same kind of PokeBall that the mother was caught in

6) True or false: You can re-battle Gym Leaders at the Battle Maison?
    This one tripped a lot of you up. The answer is FALSE, you can re-battle Gym Leaders at the Battle Chateau. The Battle Maison is Kalos's version of the Battle Tower.

7) What is the name of the evil team this time around?
    Team Flare

8) Where can you find Gyarados's mega stone, Gyaradosite?
    Couriway Town

9) What is Aegislash's Hidden Ability?
    It doesn't have a Hidden Ability. It's one and only normal ability is Stance Change.

10) What types did Steel lose resistance to this generation?
    Dark and Ghost

11) A certain handsome man appears in the post-game. What's his name?
    That sexy mother****er's name is Looker. At least ONE of you got the subtle joke I was making.>_>

12) True or false: The maximum number of affection hearts a Pokemon can have in Pokemon Amie is 5?
    True

13) Which Pokemon learn the move Freeze Dry via level up?
    This was one of the harder questions. 4 Pokemon have Freeze Dry in their level-up movesets: Aurorus, Cryogonal, Vanilluxe, and Articuno

14) How does Inkay evolve into Malamar?
    From level 30 onwards, it'll evolve when it gets a level up while your 3DS is upside down.

15) Who is the Pokemon Professor of X and Y?
    Augustine Sycamore

16) What Pokemon does Siebold use when you battle him in the Pokemon League?
    Starmie, Gyarados, Barbaracle, and Clawitzer

17) Where can you find Zygarde?
    Deep within Terminus Cave

18) How many different roller skate tricks can you learn?
    There's five roller skate tricks you can learn: the parallel swizzle, 360 degree spin, dash, flip, and cosmic flip.

19) What are the requirements for getting the Gold Trainer Card?
    There's 3 requirements:
    1) Defeat the Elite 4 and Champion
    2) See all the Pokemon in the Kalos Regional PokeDex/Catch all the Pokemon in the Kalos Regional Pokedex, excluding Mewtwo and the 2 Kanto birds that don't appear in your game. It's technically the first one, but I accepted both answers.
    3) Defeat a Battle Chatelaine in Super Singles, Super Doubles, Super Triples, or Super Rotations.

20) What is the reasoning behind the Fairy type being weak to Steel?
    Faries (and some other supernatural creatures) have a weakness to iron in folklore.

And there you have it. If you wanna know what score you got or are gonna argue with me about how that one question was unfair or that you should've gotten that one question right or are gonna beg me for extra credit so you pass the course, feel free to PM me.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • 6) True or false: You can re-battle Gym Leaders at the Battle Maison?
    This one tripped a lot of you up. The answer is FALSE, you can re-battle Gym Leaders at the Battle Chateau. The Battle Maison is Kalos's version of the Battle Tower.
    That was tricky of you! Well-played, though.

At least I knew the Freeze-Dry answer. I remembered it from when I was looking up the level my Aurorus would learn it at, and I was surprised that it wasn't exclusive to the Amaura line.

Years
  • Congrats on your victory Harmonious!

I did get a lot of them right, but I think the only one I slipped up on might have been the skating tricks one, I guess I just don't know much about that part yet but oh well.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • You guys got fooled by the Battle Maison? Haha, good thing I rarely go to the Maison, I'm not so easily fooled. P:

But remembering the Gold Trainer Card requirements back when I submitted my answers reminds me: I really should start working on the Battle Maison since that's the last requirement I need for my Gold Trainer Card. :>

Also the bonus question is really something

Congrats to Harmonious Fusion for winning the tie-breaker. :>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Congrats to Harmonious. I had fun doing it, even though I messed up in the 2 special accessories question.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, I went and handed out all the emblems don't get too excited they aren't very pretty looking emblems. If I somehow forgot to give you an emblem, poke me about it, ok?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back