• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Maybe we will get control of Floette for a part of the game (like to defeat Zygarde's ultimate form/Mega/Primal) and then we see it depart. Post game we can uncanonly capture it (think Kyurem in BW's post game but in this case reversed as it's sequel then prequel.)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Maybe we will get control of Floette for a part of the game (like to defeat Zygarde's ultimate form/Mega/Primal) and then we see it depart. Post game we can uncanonly capture it (think Kyurem in BW's post game but in this case reversed as it's sequel then prequel.)

This is an interesting idea. Probably the other way round? We take control of the naga and/or the green blobs, since the the Eternal Floette is a product of the Ultimate Weapon, a product that messed up the ecosystem. As a guardian of the ecosystem, Zygarde (aka the naga) has the responsibility to track down any imbalances. Thus eliminating the said Floette is part of its agenda.

At the end, Zygarde probably realized Eternal Floette isn't posing any real harm, so the fairy has been let go. That's why AZ and Floette are reunited at the end of XY. The end, now time for Gen 7.

Last edited:

Years
  • This is an interesting idea. Probably the other way round? We take control of the naga and/or the green blobs, since the the Eternal Floette is a product of the Ultimate Weapon, a product that messed up the ecosystem. As a guardian of the ecosystem, Zygarde (aka the naga) has the responsibility to track down any imbalances. Thus eliminating the said Floette is part of its agenda.

At the end, Zygarde probably realized Eternal Floette isn't posing any real harm, so the fairy has been let go. That's why AZ and Floette is reunited at the end of XY. The end, now time for Gen 7.
    I think that giving us an OP legend again to defeat an opponent might not go so well after Zinnia's anti-climatic battle (the battle with N at least involed two legends of equal power).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I think that giving us an OP legend again to defeat an opponent might not go so well after Zinnia's anti-climatic battle (the battle with N at least involed two legends of equal power).

It depends, if the player is locked with Zygarde when battling with EF Floette, then that's a different news. >:)

EF Floette isn't a strong Pokémon in particular, but she is faster and hits harder than Florges. >:) Pray she won't spam Light Of Ruin! {XD} It's suspicious, EF Floette learns the said move at Level 50.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I think that giving us an OP legend again to defeat an opponent might not go so well after Zinnia's anti-climatic battle (the battle with N at least involved two legends of equal power).
    if their gonna do anything, they should give x/y an update that fixes some of the problems(inability to trade items, mega stones & certain moves) along side a two part story dlc that lets the player go back in time via celebi or dialga & witness first hand the events that happened 3000 years prior. then on the way back the present the time traveler the player is with ends up bumping into another of its kind sending the player spiraling though a costume shop & into a past version of looker(looking like an npc trainer by the time the player crashes into looker) and then the player & looker precede though the mission looker is currently on(sometime within the 2 year span between b/w & b2/w2/x/y presumably) and it ends with the player & lookers croagunk falling off a cliff and right before they hit the ground & time warp opens & celebi or dialga saves them both and brings them back to the present in the middle of the looker bureau office right as looker is visiting.

Years
  • I'm leaning towards thinking we're going to hear something within the next week or so (Pretty much after the start of September, but before corocoro leaks). Judging from Masuda's twitter, he was recently in Lyon and currently in London (or something like that?) on meeting with TCPi. It feels like they could be getting ready to make the announcement.

I really do hope Zinnia appears in the next game(s). I mean, I get why a ton of people hate her, but aesthetically and from a lore standpoint she was too interesting of a character to waste on just the delta episode. I feel like she'll be tied into the plot for "Z" somehow.

Years
  • I'm leaning towards thinking we're going to hear something within the next week or so (Pretty much after the start of September, but before corocoro leaks). Judging from Masuda's twitter, he was recently in Lyon and currently in London (or something like that?) on meeting with TCPi. It feels like they could be getting ready to make the announcement.

I really do hope Zinnia appears in the next game(s). I mean, I get why a ton of people hate her, but aesthetically and from a lore standpoint she was too interesting of a character to waste on just the delta episode. I feel like she'll be tied into the plot for "Z" somehow.
    Perhaps Zinnia could be the antagonist in that she tries to revive Aster and thus messes up with the balance of Kalos. The irony will be rich as she worships the balancer of Hoenn only to upset Kalos'...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    if their gonna do anything, they should give x/y an update that fixes some of the problems(inability to trade items, mega stones & certain moves) along side a two part story dlc that lets the player go back in time via celebi or dialga & witness first hand the events that happened 3000 years prior. then on the way back the present the time traveler the player is with ends up bumping into another of its kind sending the player spiraling though a costume shop & into a past version of looker(looking like an npc trainer by the time the player crashes into looker) and then the player & looker precede though the mission looker is currently on(sometime within the 2 year span between b/w & b2/w2/x/y presumably) and it ends with the player & lookers croagunk falling off a cliff and right before they hit the ground & time warp opens & celebi or dialga saves them both and brings them back to the present in the middle of the looker bureau office right as looker is visiting.

It's obvious why the OrAs exclusive Mega Stones can't be traded, it's more than just a technical difficulty as they claim. How can they get money from the fans if the stones and OrAs exclusives moves can be traded around as you please? xD

I believe we are gonna receive new exclusives for our upcoming game(s), prepare your... money. {XD}

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    It's obvious why the OrAs exclusive Mega Stones can't be traded, it's more than just a technical difficulty as they claim. How can they get money from the fans if the stones and OrAs exclusives moves can be traded around as you please? xD

I believe we are gonna receive new exclusives for our upcoming game(s), prepare your... money. {XD}
    that in itself is a faulty arrogant business strategy, given how most of the people who got OrAs as they where released where planing on being able to trade back & forth. thats one of the worst ways to go with pokemon. sure i can see things like spiky ear pichu & cosplay pikacu as being version exclusives to remakes, but not moves, mega evolutions & primal reversions. besides, if they really wanted to make money over something like that they could make the patch cost 1$ to use on x/y. over 13.99 million x/y sales, one small patch could bring in millions of dollars, especially given how one has to use at least $10 just to put money nintendo network to begin with.
    their starting to think like sony & microsoft, which isn't good.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    that in itself is a faulty arrogant business strategy, given how most of the people who got OrAs as they where released where planing on being able to trade back & forth. thats one of the worst ways to go with pokemon. sure i can see things like spiky ear pichu & cosplay pikacu as being version exclusives to remakes, but not moves, mega evolutions & primal reversions. besides, if they really wanted to make money over something like that they could make the patch cost 1$ to use on x/y. over 13.99 million x/y sales, one small patch could bring in millions of dollars, especially given how one has to use at least $10 just to put money nintendo network to begin with.
    their starting to think like sony & microsoft, which isn't good.

Giratina Origin says hi from Distortion World as well as Kyurem's forms and the Therian formes from B2W2! {XD}
    I believe it's gonna get worse with this new game we're speculating as well as Gen 7 and beyond! :(

Just look at the naga Pokémon that's supposed to make its appearance on our next game. :P
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news...s_of_mysterious_newnpokemon/attachment/1/630x

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Giratina Origin says hi from Distortion World as well as Kyurem's forms and the Therian formes from B2W2! {XD}
    I believe it's gonna get worse with this new game we're speculating as well as Gen 7 and beyond! :(

Just look at the naga Pokémon that's supposed to make its appearance on our next game. :P
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news...s_of_mysterious_newnpokemon/attachment/1/630x
    all 3 of which i got sitting in my bank and none of which where in a game nintendo could update at the time of their release, even though b2w2 was released during the time of the 3ds they where made to be regular ds games save the 3ds link to dream radar

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It is a little weird how you can't trade stuff introduced in ORAS back to XY when that wasn't really a problem in past games (at least I think it wasn't a problem before), but I highly doubt that Game Freak's gonna add anything to X/Y themselves at this point. All the possible updates and fixes they'd do are just gonna be in whatever game(s) come next. That's what they do. Platinum is basically Diamond/Pearl with a slightly better story, content, and it fixed a few issues like the overall slowness of D/P and Sinnoh's wack PokeDex (lol Flint's D/P team). Emerald is Ruby/Sapphire but with a slightly better story and the Battle Frontier. Black2/White2 have plenty of post-game content while Black/White is sorely lacking.

I wish that they wouldn't do that and just release the first pair with the appropriate amount of polish/content/features, but I can't influence Game Freak's decisions.

As a sort of side note, do you think that new megas/items/etc introduced in whatever game(s) we get next will be able to be traded to ORAS or will it be like going from ORAS to XY where you can't trade new mega stones and such?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It is a little weird how you can't trade stuff introduced in ORAS back to XY when that wasn't really a problem in past games (at least I think it wasn't a problem before), but I highly doubt that Game Freak's gonna add anything to X/Y themselves at this point. All the possible updates and fixes they'd do are just gonna be in whatever game(s) come next. That's what they do. Platinum is basically Diamond/Pearl with a slightly better story, content, and it fixed a few issues like the overall slowness of D/P and Sinnoh's wack PokeDex (lol Flint's D/P team). Emerald is Ruby/Sapphire but with a slightly better story and the Battle Frontier. Black2/White2 have plenty of post-game content while Black/White is sorely lacking.

I wish that they wouldn't do that and just release the first pair with the appropriate amount of polish/content/features, but I can't influence Game Freak's decisions.

As a sort of side note, do you think that new megas/items/etc introduced in whatever game(s) we get next will be able to be traded to ORAS or will it be like going from ORAS to XY where you can't trade new mega stones and such?

Not only weird but disappointing and irritating.

Unless you count in Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves and Light of Ruin, otherwise any new Mega Stones and other things haven't been programmed in XY/OrAs will remain whatever-game(s) exclusive. :(

It's a bad move from Game Freak, but ughh... What can we do?

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Not only weird but disappointing and irritating.

Unless you count in Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves and Light of Ruin, otherwise any new Mega Stones and other things haven't been programmed in XY/OrAs will remain whatever-game(s) exclusive. :(

It's a bad move from Game Freak, but ughh... What can we do?
    well, I'm sure there's someone out there capable of making a proper patch.

Years
  • It is a little weird how you can't trade stuff introduced in ORAS back to XY when that wasn't really a problem in past games (at least I think it wasn't a problem before), but I highly doubt that Game Freak's gonna add anything to X/Y themselves at this point. All the possible updates and fixes they'd do are just gonna be in whatever game(s) come next. That's what they do. Platinum is basically Diamond/Pearl with a slightly better story, content, and it fixed a few issues like the overall slowness of D/P and Sinnoh's wack PokeDex (lol Flint's D/P team). Emerald is Ruby/Sapphire but with a slightly better story and the Battle Frontier. Black2/White2 have plenty of post-game content while Black/White is sorely lacking.

Well one couldn't trade the formes of Platinum into DP, and Notch Ear Pikachu couldn't be traded into DPP or future games through transfer. The more unusual thing is the introduction of moves not in XY. I think that at least those moves should've been patched in.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

I'm assuming it to be latter, but it'd definitely be a nice thing to see if they were to try their hands on former. ORAS are still fairly new, and not having access to certain Pokémon in these two games would make them feel slightly outdated in many people's eyes, and although this doesn't affect me, I'm sure it would affect GameFreak and whatnot one way or another, and in more of a negative light.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    either way i'm glad i got X before AS, despite both being around when i got my year of weegee 3ds xl

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Speaking of special 3DS' think that the new game(s) will have a special New/3DS version with the mascot (Zygarde) upon release?
    possibly, they seem too be releasing a lot of different shelled 3ds's.
    is the top lcd screen ribbon wire more of a pain in the
    012.gif
    with a 3ds them it is with a ds lite?
    if so, i'm not messing around with swapping shells

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back