• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    …give it time & the known might form their own "Perfect" form
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Hmm…one to think of it, this reminds me of Sigilyph. Maybe they're related somehow…?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm wondering if the "big news" next week is going to be similar forms for Chesnaught and Delphox, plus game announcement(maybe)? I'm starting to think more and more that this is going to be a similar mechanic to Primal Reversion, a sub-evolution of Mega-Evolution. If you think about it, "Ash Greninja" is really based off of Calem's default design, except for the black "hair". If we do get such a feature, they would have to go with the default PC designs simply because there is WAY too many customization combinations for the male and female to be applied to all 3 starters. I'm thinking that maybe all 3 starters will get either the "Calem Forme" or the "Serena Forme", depending on who you choose as your PC.

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
    Years
    I have this feeling that Game Freak is going to surprise us with their next release. There was an interview were someone said they wanted to defy expectations.

And I think I might be more than a year before we get it.

Maybe another region, maybe adding on huge chunks to Kalos...

Maybe it is set in the "Kalos" region, but the whole map is different. Like you are in a toatally different part of Kalos. That way it feels like a new game, but as it is still Kalos, no one will feel cheated with the lack of new pokemon mid-gen. (which they shouldn't anyway.)

Central Kalos, Coastal Kalos, Mountain Kalos and now... Island Kalos! ;-P

Or not.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Central Kalos, Coastal Kalos, Mountain Kalos and now... Island Kalos! ;-P

Or not.
    for all we know there's an entire underground region beneath kalos complete with an underwater city like fishman island(one piece), big caverns filled with prehistoric pokemon and has its own landscape similar to the amazon like the ones in journey too the center of the earth and ice age: dawn of the dinosaurs.
    its also interesting to note that there's actually 2 underground areas in france, the place kalos was biased on.
    the first being the les halles which is partly underground and a part of paris the other being the naours.

Years
    for all we know there's an entire underground region beneath kalos complete with an underwater city like fishman island(one piece), big caverns filled with prehistoric pokemon and has its own landscape similar to the amazon like the ones in journey too the center of the earth and ice age: dawn of the dinosaurs.
    its also interesting to note that there's actually 2 underground areas in france, the place kalos was based on.
    the first being the les halles which is partly underground and a part of paris the other being the naours.

Well, interestingly Naours is in the area that Laverre town overlaps. Perhaps the huge tree has an underground area under it... anyone else thinking the tree might be based Yggdrasil?

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Was just playing through X and there's a swimmer in the Route 12/Azure Bay area that says he swam from Hoenn. I'm sure this is known, but it got me excited again.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Was just playing through X and there's a swimmer in the Route 12/Azure Bay area that says he swam from Hoenn. I'm sure this is known, but it got me excited again.
    the trouble with reoccurring NPCs is half the time you can't ever tell.
    take joey for example
    there is no real proof that the joey pestering you about his perfect rattata in G/S/C was the same as the one in R/B/Y/G even with the first gen NPCs getting names percolated into the FR/LG mix
    even then, the joey in FR/LG has a different Japanese name then the joey in G/S/C and the other 2 joeys that do have the same name across versions in B/W/X/Y don't even have a rattata.
    also theres that huge time gap so joey should be in his teenage years by the events of B/W occur

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018

The same guy appeared in ORAS demo and I don't know if he's in the release but he said "I'll swim back to Kalos on my own."

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Apparently, Nintendo is supposed to be making a "big announcement" tomorrow:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/a_big_nintendo_announcement_is_coming_on_monday

Keep in mind that it could be SSB-related and not Pokemon, so I thought I'd share it anyways for those of you that play it.

EDIT: Interesting that none of the official Twitter accounts for Nintendo have said anything about it. Some technical difficulties from the Japanese account related to Monster Hunter, but other than that... not a peep.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/a_big_nintendo_announcement_is_coming_on_monday

Keep in mind that it could be SSB-related and not Pokemon, so I thought I'd share it anyways for those of you that play it.

EDIT: Interesting that none of the official Twitter accounts for Nintendo have said anything about it. Some technical difficulties from the Japanese account related to Monster Hunter, but other than that... not a peep.
    wait, wasn't the winner of the SSB fighter ballot supposed to be announced this month?

Years

Interesting...well as you said before usually when corocoro has big news it gets leaked though some other medium.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Where did you hear that? I've heard of no such thing anywhere. ._.

Anyway I... don't have a lot of faith that we're going to have a Pokemon Z announcement.

I heard that it got cancelled because if a 5 year old sees a charizard in the middle of the road what do you think is gonna happen.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I heard that it got cancelled because if a 5 year old sees a charizard in the middle of the road what do you think is gonna happen.
    According to Pokemon.com Pokemon GO is still set for a 2016 release date. No cancellation notices anywhere. If it were cancelled there would be a notification, and since there isn't... it's nothing more than rumor.

As for your scenario, they wouldn't just cancel a game because some parent might allow their kid to run out into the middle of a road looking for a Charizard. If they did things like frisbees that might have an off chance of getting a kid in a traffic accident would be banned too. Not to mention games in general that cause you to be distracted and possibly walk onto a busy street because you weren't paying attention to your surroundings.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Ok, I could be totally and utterly wrong about this... but I thought it was worth bringing up. After giving it some thought, I think I'm going to rule out Super Smash Bros for two reasons:

- If it's supposed to be the Smash Direct that we're supposed to be getting this month, they(meaning Nintendo) would have said it by now. Because typically, the date and time of a Direct isn't given until the day before or a few days before. As it stands right now, Nintendo and this marketing guy have not said anything about this being the Direct we're expecting this month.

- With all of that mentioned above... from a logical standpoint, wouldn't it be a little pointless to make a Smash-related announcement outside of its own Direct that's due in the same month? It would make more sense for them to save everything Smash for its own Direct. And since they haven't said that tomorrow's announcement is a Direct, then yeah... I hope that makes sense.

The only thing I'm insinuating here is that I'm ruling out Smash. Like I said, I could be totally wrong.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    kid will get hit, CYS will get called on the parents & the parents will try to push the blame onto nintendo.
    nintendo will have better layers and CYS just love dragging kids away from their parents
    kid will row up in foster care and eventually live his teens on the streets as a runaway before getting shot in the middle of a gang war on his 18th birthday
    all because his parentswhere not paying attention to him when they should have been.
    canceling it for that reason would be like trying to blame Stanley Black & Decker for the death of murder victim because the murder used a table saw they made to cut the victim's head off.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Trying on new clothes and I'm realizing that I want the introduction of denim vests and plaid shirts in the customization for "Z". Both female and male. And please for the love of Game Freak don't make them Lumoise City boutique-only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back