• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] XSE 1.1.1 Givepokemon + pokedex script - freezes the game

Years
    Hey there guys! I've made this script
    Spoiler:

and when I talk to that person, the color codes seem to be mixed up with something and it shows me these strange letters. They are automatically generated when I saved the script or something...

And the other problem that shows up when I talk to him and he said "Please, take this CHESPIN!"

It doesn't even play the fanfare...

Hope you can help me with that problem :P

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
    Hey there guys! I've made this script
    Spoiler:

and when I talk to that person, the color codes seem to be mixed up with something and it shows me these strange letters. They are automatically generated when I saved the script or something...

And the other problem that shows up when I talk to him and he said "Please, take this CHESPIN!"

It doesn't even play the fanfare...

Hope you can help me with that problem :P

You arent using save offsets and flags. You must use safe offsets from the point of 0x800000 and flags from 0x128 i believe you can look it up in diegos mega huge xse tutorial in the tutorials section
    You are overwriting data on those offsets thats why you get those wierd symbols also there is no need for those #include thingys just look around in a couple of xse scripting tutorials and you can write a basic script in no time.

Years
    Thanks for your replies,

@Rezordaxx: I don't get why you would need to use free space which starts just right after the offset 800000 ? Free space is free space. Besides, I'll completely change the game and delete every single original event and script.

Also, I did not write the include commands, Advance Map did.

@itari: Thank you! I mixed that up because I saved the "give badge + running shoes + pokedex + ..." in my "specials" document, lol^^ It works now

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
    Thanks for your replies,

@Rezordaxx: I don't get why you would need to use free space which starts just right after the offset 800000 ? Free space is free space. Besides, I'll completely change the game and delete every single original event and script.

That doesnt matter I also deleted any script or event!
    offsets under 800000 are not safe it is allready used by the game
    you dont need to understand it you just need to take it for what it is just like everyone else does :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Free space IS free space. But usually, when scripting dynamically, it's easier to just write #dynamic 0x800000, since somewhere after 700000 it is mostly free space.

Back