• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
If Ash is going to get a new dragon type to replace Goodra, I hope it's either Tyrantrum or Dragalge. Perhaps he might not get another dragon type, but it does leave room for another Pokemon, I would like it to be a Pokemon who has a typing which Ash doesn't have a Pokemon of, such as steel, ghost, psychic, or fairy. Honedge and its evolution line would kill two birds with one stone.

The problem with the Skrelp and Tyrunt lines is that the former would not really suit non-aquatic conditions (remember that Misty's Goldeen always like flopped around on land which I think was the excuse for why it had such few appearances) and fossil Pokemon seem to always never make it onto the main cast for some reason.

Honedge is something I've heard people wanting him to get, but I want him to eventually get his Grass-type. Hopefully a Phantump, because that could give him his first Ghost-type as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Actually I think Skrelp might be able to survive on try land, but not sure. But yeah Skrelp is a good choice for later on if nothing else. He did befriend one. But there is no more ocean around.

Now to hope Honedge becomes Ash's which would be more powerful than Goodra if used right. But I knew from the first time the first poster for the new movie that didn't have Goodra would become a truth.

Years
If Ash is going to get a new dragon type to replace Goodra, I hope it's either Tyrantrum or Dragalge. Perhaps he might not get another dragon type, but it does leave room for another Pokemon, I would like it to be a Pokemon who has a typing which Ash doesn't have a Pokemon of, such as steel, ghost, psychic, or fairy. Honedge and its evolution line would kill two birds with one stone.
The ending makes it relatively clear that he's getting Noibat.

Reactions: Z25

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
The ending makes it relatively clear that he's getting Noibat.

It's not necessarily Ash getting Noibat. Besides, he already has two flying type Pokemon. The ending, Roaring All-Stars, does show a Noibat, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a clip of Ash and his Pokemon in the ending. Clemont, Serena, James or Jessie might catch Noibat. Also, what is also note worthy is that Gourgeist is shown, albeit, with Team Rocket's Pokemon, and an Eevee also appears. It is likely that Serena will catch said Eevee and it will evolve into Sylveon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
It's not necessarily Ash getting Noibat. Besides, he already has two flying type Pokemon. The ending, Roaring All-Stars, does show a Noibat, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see a clip of Ash and his Pokemon in the ending. Clemont, Serena, James or Jessie might catch Noibat. Also, what is also note worthy is that Gourgeist is shown, albeit, with Team Rocket's Pokemon, and an Eevee also appears. It is likely that Serena will catch said Eevee and it will evolve into Sylveon.

As ridiculous as the idea of Ash getting that Noibat seemed to me, I made peace with it.
Ofc I prefer goodra, but we all know that Serena/TR/Clemont won't make the full potential out of it, where with Ash it might evolve into a Noivern.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Looks like Ash is getting Noibat.If Goodra comes back for the league,there won't be much problem with excess of flying types.IMO Noivern is a good mon to get if Goodra comes back for the league.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
And if Goodra doesn't come back for the league? Considering the circumstances around Goodra leaving I highly doubt he'll be coming back.

The only reason why people are having a problem because Ash will have three flying types if he get does get Noibat. If he didn't have Hawlucha and Fletchinder already people would have less of a problem and would likely even really like the idea because if it evolves get Dragon yay.

Meanwhile I've given up a long time ago with Ash getting some balanced team that doesn't have three of the same type lmao. As long as each Pokemon is treated well as a character that's all that really matters to me at this point. vOv

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
And if Goodra doesn't come back for the league? Considering the circumstances around Goodra leaving I highly doubt he'll be coming back.

The only reason why people are having a problem because Ash will have three flying types if he get does get Noibat. If he didn't have Hawlucha and Fletchinder already people would have less of a problem and would likely even really like the idea because if it evolves get Dragon yay.

Meanwhile I've given up a long time ago with Ash getting some balanced team that doesn't have three of the same type lmao. As long as each Pokemon is treated well as a character that's all that really matters to me at this point. vOv

I'm sure we'll hear from Goodra in the future, might be in the far one tho.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
... Maybe. If Goodra ever decides to leave the wetlands for whatever reason. After all it can't fly like Charizard and it isn't traveling like Lapras. Both of which were the only two that really left and came back at a later time. I suppose Gliscor could count but Gliscor was left to be trained. Goodra was not.

I'll be happy if Goodra does return but I'm definitely not giving my hopes up.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I still think Ash will get the Eevee. I do think the writers do care a little bit about team variety and wouldn't give him THREE Flying-types on a team. And guys, no one and nothing confirmed or even hinted that Ash will get Noibat or that Clemont or Serena will get Eevee.

025.gif
658.gif
663.gif
701.gif
700.gif
713.gif
+
706.gif
(used in the league)

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash's team ends up like this.

Last edited:
Years
I'm not even angry that Ash released his Goodra, I'm just disappointed to be honest. That aside I suppose I'll be fine with whatever Ash gets as long as it gets proper focus and stands out from his other Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I just don't see Ash getting Eevee and evolving it into a Sylveon. That doesn't match him and I think it is Serena's. If it is Ash's I don't think it will be Sylveon. But it doesn't seem like we will know for a while.

I don't really mind Ash getting a Noibat if he does. My real only wish, other than Honedge, is that he might catch another shiny this saga. But there is no proof of that other than they have become more common in the games. I know Hawlucha is still a flying type, but I do not really consider it a flying type as it can't even fly. Heck, Noibat was once of the pokemon I thought he might catch, but Hawlucha was a curve ball from heck. Same for Goodra.

The next episode, which I think it the Noibat episode, is based mainly around Bonnie it seems. So Clemont or James are the more likely candidates. As James still has yet to catch his second pokemon. And Noibat is the sound wave pokemon, which has matched electric types.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I just don't see Ash getting Eevee and evolving it into a Sylveon. That doesn't match him and I think it is Serena's. If it is Ash's I don't think it will be Sylveon. But it doesn't seem like we will know for a while.

I don't really mind Ash getting a Noibat if he does. My real only wish, other than Honedge, is that he might catch another shiny this saga. But there is no proof of that other than they have become more common in the games. I know Hawlucha is still a flying type, but I do not really consider it a flying type as it can't even fly. Heck, Noibat was once of the pokemon I thought he might catch, but Hawlucha was a curve ball from heck. Same for Goodra.

The next episode, which I think it the Noibat episode, is based mainly around Bonnie it seems. So Clemont or James are the more likely candidates. As James still has yet to catch his second pokemon. And Noibat is the sound wave pokemon, which has matched electric types.

Don't really see why wouldn't Sylveon match Ash ... I mean it has a 87.5% chance to be male, and it would really promote the Fairy-type.

Ash getting Honedge would be AWESOME SAUCE, but I rather see him getting Bergmite.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Eevee is one of those Pokemon that always escapes Ash just like Lucario. It was always someone else who ends up with an Eevee (May) or the Eeveelution is showcased in some other way (literally all the other eeveelutions). If Ash actually does get the Eevee I'll be downright utterly surprised to be honest.

In the ending Eevee is kinda shown with Clemont's Pokemon the most (or atleast near Bunnelby a lot??? I need to rewatch it) so maybe it'll be Clemont who gets the Eevee in the end. And then perhaps James with the Noibat. Who knows. vOv

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Noibat has a 90% chance of being ash's. at the end for a split second before all the pokemon are shown together, noibats with ash's team. Eevee seems to be clemont's based on the ending. Noibat also is not in the next episode from what I know. Also it really isn't a flying type. Dragon would cancel out it's biggest weakness. Leaving it with ice on the flying side, which isn't seen often. As for goodra at the leagu, I'm 50/50. They could write in away for it to show up easily.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
As much as I want Goodra to come back for the league, or go to Oak's laboratory, I really don't think it will happen, perhaps he might return via a flashback or Ash visiting the homeland. But, the thing is, Goodra really doesn't have a goal that can be completed. Ash's other Pokemon he left behind: Charizard and Gliscor, had a goal, which was to get stronger, and they had completed that goal. But Goodra's goal is to protect his homeland, and that goal cannot really be completed.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
Lets be honest here.No pokemon can replace Goodra out of Eevee or Noibat.And from the new ending, its pretty clear the Serena will get Eevee (According to the way it has been dressed).
Maybe Goodra can't fly but Kenzo can take it to the league.We still don't know whether Ash left Goodra's pokeball with Kenzo or not.I'm hoping it'll comeback.Its my favorite XY pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Lets be honest here.No pokemon can replace Goodra out of Eevee or Noibat.And from the new ending, its pretty clear the Serena will get Eevee (According to the way it has been dressed).
Maybe Goodra can't fly but Kenzo can take it to the league.We still don't know whether Ash left Goodra's pokeball with Kenzo or not.I'm hoping it'll comeback.Its my favorite XY pokemon.

Goodra can come back if Fans put enough fit about it leaving ! But Fans of Pokemon are too weak & Pathetic.
Writers probably think that everyone will believe Ash will get something better for losing Goodra and will be hyped to watch future episode.
But Fans of Pokemon Knows Very Well that Ash never get any better for the thing he loses !!20 year of Anime running proves that .
For example , Noivern can be a good Pokemon but it also very common ! Iris can get a Noivern anytime , She just to visit a Cave in Kalo and catch a Noibat.
But Can Ash Get a Dragonite whenever he wants ???
God know Who is a Jerk that give writers the Idea that Other Character are more important then Main character So they should only focus on them and ignore Ash-fans.
Iris-fans wanted Iris to catch a Dratini So they gave her a freaking Dragonite ! But Ash-fan asking for Ash to get a Lucario But the Writers completely ignores them.
XY series is no different then BW Series !
The Best thing that can happen is Upcoming Pokemon Movie suffering a Big loss because Kids lose interest in XY series after Goodra left ! Alone with the Drop of Merchandise sales , TV Rating and DVD sales .

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
What if Serena were to catch a Feebas? I would love it if they finally made the Feebas/Milotic story, and I don't expect Serena getting a Mudkip if she gets a water-type. It would be awesome if Milotic would have some sort of crush on Talonflame or Hawlucha. Plus she's beautiful and could really help Serena in her showcases.

Also what are the odds of Mega Sceptile appearing?

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
Goodra can come back if Fans put enough fit about it leaving ! But Fans of Pokemon are too weak & Pathetic.
Writers probably think that everyone will believe Ash will get something better for losing Goodra and will be hyped to watch future episode.
But Fans of Pokemon Knows Very Well that Ash never get any better for the thing he loses !!20 year of Anime running proves that .
For example , Noivern can be a good Pokemon but it also very common ! Iris can get a Noivern anytime , She just to visit a Cave in Kalo and catch a Noibat.
But Can Ash Get a Dragonite whenever he wants ???
God know Who is a Jerk that give writers the Idea that Other Character are more important then Main character So they should only focus on them and ignore Ash-fans.
Iris-fans wanted Iris to catch a Dratini So they gave her a freaking Dragonite ! But Ash-fan asking for Ash to get a Lucario But the Writers completely ignores them.
XY series is no different then BW Series !
The Best thing that can happen is Upcoming Pokemon Movie suffering a Big loss because Kids lose interest in XY series after Goodra left ! Alone with the Drop of Merchandise sales , TV Rating and DVD sales .

Famon, there are things that are wrong about what you have posted. First of all, they won't necessarily bring Goodra back if fans throw a fit. Also, fans of Pokemon are too weak and pathetic? While I can't speak for everyone, they aren't weak or pathetic, maybe they just accept that Ash released Goodra, and aren't you a fan too? Why do you also hate Iris so much since she gets a Dragonite. You're whining because Ash doesn't have a Pseudo Legendary anymore since Goodra left, and while Noibat can be common in the anime, training it is a different thing. Also while it depends on the opinion, XY isn't different than BW, the main characters actually have personality.

Back