• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Yamada-kun to Nana nin no Majo
    Ryuu Yamada is known as a delinquent in his high school; he has been bored of classes after one year of attending school. One day, he accidentally falls from a flight of stairs onto Urara Shiraishi, the ace student of the school. Yamada wakes up to find that he has swapped bodies with her! The two try to reverse the change and discover that kissing triggers the body swap. On the suggestion of student council vice-president Toranosuke Miyamura, they revive the Supernatural Studies Club. The club encounters other "witches" with different powers that are activated with a kiss!

English names: Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Mar 14, 2015 to ?
    Producers: LIDENFILMS
    Genres: Comedy, Mystery, Ecchi, Romance, School, Shounen, Harem, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Cast:
    Ryota Ohsaka as Ryū Yamada
    Saori Hayami as Urara Shiraishi
    Aoi Yūki as Noa Takigawa
    Daisuke Ono as Ushio Igarashi
    Eri Kitamura as Nene Odagiri
    Jun Fukuyama as Haruma Yamazaki
    Kana Hanazawa as Mikoto Asuka
    Maaya Uchida as Miyabi Itō
    Masumi Tazawa as Rika Saionji
    Shinnosuke Tachibana as Shinichi Tamaki
    Tomokazu Sugita as Hideaki Tsurukawa
    Toshiharu Sasaki as Kentarō Tsubaki
    Toshiki Masuda as Toranosuke Miyamura
    Yui Makino as Meiko Ōtsuka
    Yuki Takao as Maria Sarashima
    Yuuki Ono as Mitsuru Kameda

Staff:
    Director: Seiki Takuno
    Supporting Director: Binmei Usui
    Series Composition, Script: Michiko Yokote
    Character Design: Eriko Iida
    Sound Director: Youta Tsuruoka
    Music: Masaru Yokoyama
    Studio: LIDENFILMS
    Production: 2014 "Yamajo" Production Committee

TRAILER
    Spoiler:

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo

A short OAV episode and 24min OVA have both been released for the series already.

So unlike a lot of people who are really hyped out for this because of the manga, I'm from the side of people who are taking a look from this because of it's pretty incredibly enjoyable live action (totally recommend xD). Although things are normally toned down in live actions, I can say that Yamada-kun is definitely not like your average harem and the plot itself is rather enjoyable - hopefully done well for this anime.

Pre-release thoughts and anticipation?

Last edited:
    Years
    Dang, I loved this series since it came out a few years back. Nice start for the series, still can't get over Yamada's hair color after all this time. XD

The Live Action is so funny too. I can't remember if it got subbed all the way.

The Voice actors are so talented in expressing so many different personalities but yeah, good stuff. :D

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    All seven witches shown in the opening. Twelve episode confirmed so far. :(

Oh, well. I'll ride this train even if it leads to an incredibly rushed adaptation. First episode was nice! Incredibly impressed with Saori Hayami and Ryota Osaka doing a great job with portraying "two" different characters essentially.

Five chapters were done in episode one, so it doesn't really need to be said on how much they cut. But, a LOT was cut.

Noa for best girl btw.

Skip Class

Years
    Haven't read the manga prior so I'm curious to how this will play out. I usually don't do the whole judging separate material thing, but I guess it can't be helped since I reaaaallly enjoyed the live drama.

Spoiler: Episode 1

Quite an enjoyable episode, but definitely felt a somewhat rush. The episode just about covered the drama's first episode with the addition of introducing Itou. And to be honest, it mirrored it pretty decently.
    Very much enjoying the portrayal and voice acting of Shiraishi and Yamada. I really how each character acted while in the other's bodies and how they used each other's bodies to solve the problems of the other person.

Not quite bought so much with Miyamura yet, but it's only the first episode so I'll let it go for now. Ide Takuya had quite a performance in the live drama and was easily my favourite character so it's hard to put away his image. Need the more perverted and crazy serious Miyamura. Them kissing scenes were still fun though.

Like Arc stated, all witches were shown in the opening. Preferred that it should have stayed secret till each Witch's reveal. Took away the suspense of seeing who was which witch and what they were like. I did like seeing what their character design would be like though.

One thing I did find hilarious was the whole "weird thing in my pants". Hope they mention that again in the future.
    Overall I'm still leaning towards the drama's adaptation to the anime's in terms of first impressions. (Despite not me comparing the two till afterwards and rewatching the first drama episode.) There were still some bits in the drama I enjoyed portrayed however there were a few scenes like when Yamada as Shiraishi went to hit the bully and hit Shiraishi as Yamada instead - I felt that was done much better in the anime.

Of course the anime is longer and will have a different ending to the one given in the drama so that I'm excited for. I remember somewhat reading about it as I finished the drama, but I can't remember a bit of it so I'm really intrigued to how this will end.

Interesting to see when the introduction of Tamaki as well as the student council. Tamaki was portrayed as the student council president in the live drama and I've heard he isn't originally so this will interesting. Also have no clue about anything to do with Tsubaki so he's an incredibly new character to me, but still looks pretty fun to watch:

Also the trio finding out about Seven Witches of their school Mystery since they haven't discovered that yet.

Hard to rate this now, but I am enjoying it. Will definitely watch all 12 episodes this season!

The Live Action is so funny too. I can't remember if it got subbed all the way.

Yes it definitely did! It was pretty short for a drama series seeing as it was only 8 episodes, but it's played out so well!

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Been pretty hyped for this show. A great read, by the way.

It's pretty rare that the adaptation is less rushed than the original itself, so that's something special.

I like how they explained things a lot better this time around.

Years
    Dunno, a lot of the issues stem form the usual opening spoiler and whether it is 12 or 24+ episodes. That will determine how far they'll adapt things.

Edit: For some reason I find Yamada's Yakisoba bread doll to be pretty cute.

And they kept that translation LOL!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    This is barely cutting it when it comes to the one-month revival rule so I'm just gonna bump this up.

Anyone watching this gem? I started watching this without any expectations a few days ago and the only thing that really caught me was its Opening (too bad it spoils the identities of the witches) which just sounded incredibly catchy to me. But as I watched, it turned into something addictive really quickly. I got caught up with the anime, couldn't hold myself back and ended up reading the manga. Now I'm on the latest chapter (read it all in one day!) and I have no idea how I'll live through the agony of getting only one chapter per week! :(

But more to the topic of the anime itself - this is an incredibly fun watch and a highly recommended one from my side. The art and animation is pretty good, the characters are very lovable and the story is engaging, to say the least. And all them kisses! *-* As a fan of kissing in general, this has my thumbs up! Please more peeps watch this one, please?!

If this has any girl x girl kisses, I will have officially died. I need more girl x girl kisses in anime.
    You'll love this. Just keep watching. :D

Skip Class

Years
    Still currently watching!
    I'm am enjoying it as my only Monday watch, but my heart's still head over heels with the live drama. I do plan on reading the manga most likely after the anime finishes, but I have kinda spoiled myself on what's been happening there as of current. Honestly where the manga is up to now, the things happening is kinda the reason why I want to read it.
    Spoiler:

Current thoughts for the anime, there are a lot of things I did like in the anime. For example, I like how much more involved Nene and Ushio is involved with the main four. It's like, she's a lot more er... evil moody/tsun in the live, but not as much here - and I'm actually liking both of how there characters are portrayed here.
    Kinda sad-ed for the latest episode with Meiko, since that was one of my favourite episodes in the live, but it as still an enjoyable and fun episode nonetheless.

Damn should have written this after I watched it yesterday ;-; can't remember what else I was suppose to say.

This is barely cutting it when it comes to the one-month revival rule so I'm just gonna bump this up.

I know we can double post in currently airing threads but we should totally make it so that anything that's currently airing should be able to be posted in regardless past the 1 month revival rule ~

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Why only 12? I was planning to read the manga and I'm kinda confused about the number of episodes the anime has? Is this a completel adaptation?

Back