• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: yomama's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • O.o wow, the whole reason you signed up. that's awesome. you're welcome PC! XD

hmmm.. that does sound pretty cool. i'll have to search the hex, and if my search is positive, then it will definitely be included!!

i should get a lot of it done over the weekend, because i don't have too much to do.

NEW UPDATE (wow, that was redundant XD)
    The navigation method that I was originally going to use will most likely not be in the final production. I will probably be using Tabs instead.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I just remembered the crystal workshop. How do you have school in the summer? Are you in the US?

Years
  • Lol, we canadians (torontonians at least), have it on the tuesday after Labour day. Do u go to a private school?

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm in the US. I started August 1. We start way too early. >.<

I'm in the US too in New York but my school doesn't start til semptember 2. Wow. O.0; My school is also public. Maybe its a difference in states...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Umm....please try and keep this thread on-topic, talking about schools is not what the thread is about.

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    You said it. Well, are you still spending your afternoons working on the tool requests (I hope so even though it may become a bad habit) or are you getting social and finding your self another skill (the good thing)? I'm just very eager to try out the workshop. No need to rush but keep everyone updated!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2017
    Hey!

This toolbox is awesome! ;)

I only have one question. When will u release the full Wild Pokemon editor? :(
    I really need it!! :P

Years
  • i've started coding in VB and can make clones of your programs! Just that, I dont know how to get the data from the rom into the tool. Could you:
    a) make a tutorial about "the making of a hack tool"
    b) gimme an example of putting a specific data into a tool (e.g. pp's for attacks)
    c) or just give me (well us, as in the general hacking community) some general pointers that work for extracting most data out of roms

Yeah, im sorry if i sound a bit greedy (is greedy the word?). It doesnt have to be too detailed, cuz i like to learn for myself, and hopefully can follow some leads.

Years
  • i've started coding in VB and can make clones of your programs! Just that, I dont know how to get the data from the rom into the tool. Could you:
    a) make a tutorial about "the making of a hack tool"
    b) gimme an example of putting a specific data into a tool (e.g. pp's for attacks)
    c) or just give me (well us, as in the general hacking community) some general pointers that work for extracting most data out of roms

Yeah, im sorry if i sound a bit greedy (is greedy the word?). It doesnt have to be too detailed, cuz i like to learn for myself, and hopefully can follow some leads.

You could A use Darth's Hex function, And be a slave for the rest of your life...

Or just use the get function... (To write to the rom, you must already know about binarry using of the file)

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It's been a while so I decided to drop a quote "Hola!". How's the workshop tool going? I'm not in a rush to use it but I'm still anxious. I so can't wait til you're done. Please snd me a message or something when you finish it or are close to finishing since I won't be on this site much anymore. I do still support you although I'm not around a lot. (We can all blame it on school)

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • Just to let you know, yomama, your tools (at least the wild pokemon editor) only works for the us version of pkmn crystal ROM. I've tried the European english crystal ROM. It seems that the offsets for the european is different from the us version for the pkmn wild encounters.

ℜªℳ

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    That's possibly because the offsets came from the US rom. I believe that the offsets vary in different languages due to the translations and sometimes the change of event scripts (or so I've been told) so its not always likely that the tool will comply perfectly. You can always try to get a translation of the tool but then again I see nothing wrong with troubling yourself for a US rom since you took the time to get a Europe rom.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Wow. I didn't expect so much hype when I got here.. my internet privileges have recently been restricted. This puts a huge dent in my work, because I can not even work on ANY of the tools. The only time I can even get near a computer is when I'm at school or a friend's house. As for all of the bugs, I am sorry. In my rush to show the general public my tools, I did not debug them very thoroughly. To answer the question about why the tools don't work with European versions, I believe it is because of the event scripts, simply because words in another language / translation may be larger or smaller in length, therefore changing the offsets, in turn rendering my tools completely useless. BlahISuck, I would love to create some sort of general starting guide, but I simply cannot at the moment. I would suggest using Darthatron's guide as a starter. I use his module in every one of my tools.. that's what got me started at least. Also Swampert22 is an awesome person, one that answered my thousands of questions. ^_~ I'd like to thank him.

I know all of you were greatly anticipating this tool.. I was greatly anticipating it myself. :P But in my currrent "state" I cannot finish it.. I appreciate all of the compliments from everyone. I'm glad I could help in your hacks. This site is blocked at my school. I can get around it but I've already gotten in trouble for that before, and I don't want to risk anything. If you want to contact me, or stay updated, etc., here are my contacts:
    Yahoo: [email protected]
    MySpace: myspace.com/brandenguess

Again, I GREATLY apologize for all of this..

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Hey man, good to see you're back, if only for a little while :(
    I hope you get your internet priviledges back soon, so you can be more active here and get your awesome tool done!

One word of advice mate, it's one thing putting your e-mail out there, but seriously, think twice about your mobile number, there are people out there that might prank you or make annoying phone calls to you. Whatever though it's your decision :D

As for PC being blocked at school try a proxy site... It may take a while until you can find one that isn't blocked though ;)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • I feel sorry for you....but hey, keep trying to make ROM hack tools. Anyway, see you later!

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Swampert - Thanks man I took it down. Didn't even think about that XD Yeah that's how I used to get past it until I got caught and as I said I just don't want to risk anything. Thanks for all your help man. There's no way I could have made ANY of these tools or the countless other programs I've made without your help. :)

Melash - Thanks for your support man ^_^ Sorry I couldn't help with your hack :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back