• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen You can catch Pokemon that are over level 100

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    You guys know at this point generation I is broken. I believe if you perform the Missing No. glitch, you can see wild Pokemon that exceed the level 100 cap. They will, however, revert to level 100 if you try to level them up from a battle. I'm not sure how high the level can get up to.

That being said, have you ever gotten a Pokemon that was over level 100 via the old man glitch at the Cinnabar Island coast? This is the glitch from gen I that fascinates me the most, and I really wanna try it. I know the Pokemon you see depends on what your name is in game, which makes it even more fascinating, if you ask me.

Years
    I have caught a lvl 100 missingno but I don't remember catching a lvl 100 Pokemon. I do remember a glitch on getting so many rare candies and using the rare candies on my Pokemon to get to lvl 100.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Highest I have caught is a LV. 155 Squirtle.

Though, how EXP is programmed it levelled down to 100 after one fight.
    (still evolved though)

Back