• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your birthday determines your Monotype

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Your birthday determines your Monotype

What's your team?

I got Normal with 6 Pokémon and picked Dunsparce (Shiny), Lickitung, Furret, Porygon2, Persian, and... maybe Zangoose?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    A three Pokemon Psychic team. Selects Espeon, Alolan Raichu, and Starmie. Experienced no difficulties in picking this team.

Years
  • A Grass type team of a whopping 1 Pokemon.... 😅

If I can pick legendaries I'm going with Virizion.

If not... Leafeon.
    Really wanna pick Meganium too, but alas.

Years
  • I got 7 flying type Pokemon. Most of my picks would be the flying legendary Pokemon and if that doesn't count then my picks would be Charizard, Togekiss, Dragonite, Altaria, Toucannon, Swanna, Xatu.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I apparently only get two Ground types so uh....I'ma grab Primal Groudon so I can probably handle almost anything with that broken motherfucker, and then Garchomp as the 2nd one

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I got 7 flying type Pokemon. Most of my picks would be the flying legendary Pokemon and if that doesn't count then my picks would be Charizard, Togekiss, Dragonite, Altaria, Toucannon, Swanna, Xatu.

7=2. Just saying.

(Also, if anyone's wondering why you can't have 6 Pokémon, it's because NPCs—excluding Champions and battle facilities—generally have no more than 5 Pokémon.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I get a Ghost type team with 6 Pokemon! I'm choosing Gengar, Chandelure, Palossand, Mismagius, Sableye, and male Jellicent.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Fairy! So exciting.

Mine would probably be: Alolan Ninetales, Galarian Rapidash, Audino (Mega), Whimsicott, Ribombee, Azumarill. Honestly a really tough choice!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Fairy type! Oct 21st, baby! ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧

I choose Sylveon, Alolan Ninetales, Togekiss, Aromatisse, & GMax Alcremie!

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Hoo boy, i'm doing mono-Flying because July 5th!

Only TWO Pokemon? Are you meshuggener? How am i supposed to defeat anyone with just two guys? Well, i guess i pick Dragonite and Lugia. Those two are pretty cool.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Mono-Fairy, let's go! Since I can only pick two Pokemon, I'm sure I can beat most games with Gardevoir (Psychic beats fairy's poison weakness) and Togekiss (Flamethrower beats fairy's steel weakness).

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Some of you didn't seem happy with the number of Pokémon you got, so I've got some good news: I've revised the post so that you can each have one more Pokémon! Anyway, it's hard to identify a team as monotype when you only have one Pokémon, and Gym Leaders to my knowledge never have fewer than two.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    To add another: Indeedee (female). Likes them well enough. Rounds out the team. Prevents the team from getting Sucker Punched into oblivion with Psychic Surge.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I get four Ground types. Give me Hippowdon, Excadrill and Garchomp for a Sandstorm team and throw in a Solid Rock Rhyperior.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It wasn't really a problem but if I get an extra one now the 3rd slot would probably go to Krookodile/Mamoswine/Swampert, not sure which one I'd pick

Years
  • Looks like I get three Flying types. Butterfree is an easy number one, and I think I'd like to take Altaria #2. I'm split on quite a few for my last one, but I'll care less about coverage and just pick one of my favorites and go with Drifblim.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • My typing isn't one that describes me at all, but I guess I can take pride in being highly defensive. When I think about it though, while it might not describe me physically, I guess it can describe me mentally for the most part! I have just enough Pokémon to compete in an official Singles match.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ground type it is… with a 4 Pokémon team… ok then.

Well, I guess there are some cool ground types, I guess I'll go with Swampert, Excadrill, Garchomp and Mamoswine (bc bulky)

Back