• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Computer Setup

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I honestly see it as no different of a situation when I see computers equipped with an odd-number amount of RAM (like 3GB), or even 6 GB (which is typically uneven).

Just curious, but how many slots do you have available for RAM on your gig?

Four. And all 4 are in use. I canabalized RAM from some old PCs to boost this one, which only had 8 when I built it (which was still a huge improvement from the 4 I had in my old PC)

Years
  • Monitors
    BenQ XL2730Z - 2560x1440 @ 144Hz
    LG Ultrawide - 2560x1080 @ 50Hz (meant for 3440x1440 @ 60Hz but it needs DisplayPort and I'm using my one port for the BenQ)
    Dell U2311H - 1920x1080 @ 60Hz
    Spoiler: Photos
    q9ahaRi.jpg

Effectively a quad-monitor setup {XD} that's ridiculous, I love it. Also, that's a pretty full Steam library I see ;)

Graphics: EVGA 980ti Hybrid 4gb + (when SLI plug arrives) Asus 660ti 2gb

Holy frijoles, them's some graphics. So are you going to use the 660 Ti as a dedicated PhysX card?

Uh... what the hell is my computer anyway...? It's my first build so idk what I'm doing 8)

Actual Computer Specs:
    Spoiler:

I've been a little thrifty with this build. The current processor, hard drive, and monitors were all free. I was going to use an old case originally but then one of the screws stripped when we were trying to mount the motherboard in it, and we had to rip it out of the case. Luckily the motherboard wasn't damaged in the process!

Lesson learned: be careful where you cheap out on a computer. :P

MSI Z97 PC Mate represent! :) You're off to a great start if you ask me. It's hard to beat free stuff, and those Pentium G-series CPUs really aren't bad at all. Where do you think you'll go from here?

Years
  • Oooh, this is interesting....

Items used
    Spoiler:

Purpose
    I use my computer for gaming mainly, but also music production and game development. If I've done all my schoolwork :). My 1080 monitor is my monitor for gaming/using Unity/ being my main window in Studio One and my second monitor (the 720 one) is for watching anime youtube, hosting pop-out windows for Studio One or Musicbee.

Pictures
    Spoiler:

My cable management skills aren't exactly the best. That Black/Yellow power cable is in a really bad position. Not even going to mention how bad the cables are outside my computer - oh wait, I just did.

I'm not showing my desk. It's a mess.

And finally, for anyone who might be interested, here's my 'retro' Windows PC
    Spoiler:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Not a lot to say because you didn't provide information,
    Spoiler:

but seeing your PC specs, these specs are really good! I think that's for mid-ranged gaming hence the processor and memory capacity, thanks for the submission! :)

Here a few pictures:

Spoiler:

Years
  • And finally, for anyone who might be interested, here's my 'retro' Windows PC
    Spoiler:

Awwwwww yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! This computer would have been the bomb when I was in middle school.

Here a few pictures:

Spoiler:

Really clean setup, I like it!

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Well I don't technically own a PC right now since I plan to upgrade, but I'm writing this from a Pentium Dual Core E5500 (2.8 GHz) with 4 gigs of RAM and a HDD of 250GB.

Thinking about getting a core i5/i7 with 8 GB of RAM.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Hardware:

Spoiler:

Hardware wise, this is my endgame. I don't plan on upgrading anything from here on out unless it breaks. I plan on moving everything around when I get a DAC (for my audio) and a TV (for my consoles) though. If I build a new PC anytime soon, it's going to be something "different."

Pics:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    Hardware:

Spoiler:

Hardware wise, this is my endgame. I don't plan on upgrading anything from here on out unless it breaks. I plan on moving everything around when I get a DAC (for my audio) and a TV (for my consoles) though. If I build a new PC anytime soon, it's going to be something "different."

Pics:

Spoiler:

This was a nice submission! I get that you like to put stuff on the pop filter when not using it, but please get a headphone stand such as this (its black so it matches your theme) And you might need some help with cable management so here's a tutorial.

But all in all that's a nice desk, thanks for the submission!

Years
  • My suggestion is to add some LED lights behind the TV that work via USB (you can attach it to the tv and wrap it around the TV if possible

I was thinking of doing bias lighting anyway, so you ask, I deliver.

(Image quality doesn't do it justice. My phone was struggling with the low light.)

Spoiler: Liiiiiiights
    ZRb1HJe.jpg

jZlqEMs.jpg

Back