• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite video game apparels (Clothing, Armor, etc)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Your favorite video game apparels (Clothing, Armor, etc)

So with 2016 now about to end, and the new year just within a few footsteps away, I'd like to end my frequent creation of threads for discussion with something simple yet pretty fun to talk about.

So we have had talks on favorite video game materials, in particular weapons and abilities, but somehow we have not talked about an important piece of apparel that we wear: Obviously clothing.

Obviously in many video games that we have played, we have had the opportunity to wear different sets, pieces, and styles of clothing and armor. Ranging from the simple pieces of cloth to hulking masses of steel and machinery like Power armor, I would like to know what are you favorite pieces of clothing and armor in video games.

DIscuss?

PS: Why do i have an image of Power Armors as the cover picture? Why not?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Bulky, ceramic plates. Big shoulder pauldrons, preferably asymetrical (one big the other even bigger), collar pieces, full head helmets

Never enough armor plating baby!

EDIT:

This is just a start. Ill put more later, Off to do Christmas stuff

This leads me to a love of near-future and future combat armors.

Lucky for me a lot of these games tend to feature armor customization too so I can fine-tune it to just how I like!

Some examples would be the armor from Planetside 2 (this variant being the Sigma armor for the NC)
    Spoiler:

Halo reach, especially the Sangheili armors, but I loved the human as well (pictured is the Sangheili officer armor)
    Spoiler:

For a couple near future games I have

The original Homefront, while the outfit isn't wearable, the 718 division look pretty cool
    Spoiler:

The CTRG equipment from Arma III is also great for a near future soft-plate look! This one will fit in two categories I have

Spoiler:

Up next: Modern tactical apparel, casual/guerrilla apparel

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • If I'm going to be honest, the above is almost my most hated thing ever. My most hated goes to tit shaped armor that directs all the force of a blow right to the center of your chest. That and Bikini armor.

Then again let them wear that. Just makes my job easier! WAR!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, most female versions of clothing and armor sets are your obvious scantily clad versions of the male body armor.

In Ragnarok Online, it wasn't that bad until the 3rd Jobs

Assassin Progression

For the most part, the male and females look to be equally clothed until the 3rd Job (G.Cross) were the female gets some cleavage.

Crusader Progression:

As seen here, the female looks like its losing every turn in strip poker as each job class progression makes her strip down to basically almost to bikini level armor. The in-game sprite isn't that bad compared to the official artwork for the female Royal Guard.

Ok more on clothing and armor:

I bet a couple of people like the Badass Long Coat over the body armor kind of design like this ones ;)

Of course the best example of such design is the NCR Veteran Ranger combat armor along with its derivatives like the Elite Riot Gear armor.

Trench Coat over some hand manufactured combat armor. The aesthetics give it the heavily armed and armored Ranger vibe, which what I really like. The best part, both males and females look good on it, and you don't even need the headpiece.

Mechanics wise, its great to have armor that has a good Weight to Defense Ratio. It makes it less troubling for players to be overburdened with loot but at the same time still having enough defenses to make sure they are well protected.

Back