• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite video game Let's Players?

TY

Simply as the title says: Who are your favorite video game Let's Players and why?

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Don't watch Let's Plays, myself, but I really enjoy Game Grumps/Steam Train. They're hilarious, and they're great for when I'm working on something and just need something to listen to.

Whoops, the reminder, Mach, thanks for it. Add the GGs to that list.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • He's definitely pretentious, but he definitely tones it down or doesn't let the levels reach that high with Danny, which is a good thing. Nowadays he's less pushy about his opinion (often going for the positive or reaching some kind of consensus), and I really like the chemistry between the two.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I've enjoyed chuggaconroy's lets plays, he's funny and most of his videos are really entertaining to watch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My two favorite are probably either JonTron or the Game Grumps group. They both cover gaming well, as well provide much hilarity while do so. :)

TY

How are let's players so popular? I honestly don't see the appeal in watching people playing video games.

I can see a truth in that, yet i dont really watch for the gameplay, but just for the funny shenanigans they (usually) pull off, which is why i love Let's Plays which arent taken serious one small bit :P

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Game Grumps, are the only Gaming Channel I watch.

It's not a loyalty thing, it's just I fill enough of my time with them, I don't have enough time for more people, and there aren't funny enough people in my opinion.

I used to watch Tobuscus, but he uploaded way to much, like 6-7 videos a day, and it got annoying, because I could never keep up.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What, no mention of PewDiePie nor UberHaxorNova? Moreso on the former, since he's currently the #1 subscribed let's player on youtube. Game Grumps are also hilarious, especially those animated skits made by the fans.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    How are let's players so popular? I honestly don't see the appeal in watching people playing video games.
    It's the commentary mostly for me that makes me like LPers. If they have decent commentary and are entertaining, it doesn't matter what game they're playing. Sometimes, I even just leave a video running in the background as I do other things because some LPers are more like a podcast or their commentary is so detailed that I don't need to watch the video.

I'm another Game Grumps fan, particularly now that Danny has joined the cast. His stories are so entertaining because of all the random life experiences he had, and his humor appeals to me more than JonTron's did. I haven't watched a lot of Steam Train, but the ones I did were amusing enough.

There's also ProJared and PeanutButterGamer. I love PBG's Hardcore series, where he plays online games on the hardest settings with various friends who also have channels on Youtube. These are really entertaining, and it's always great to see one of these videos in my subscriptions box.

Aside from videos, I also enjoy reading Chorocojo's Pokemon LPs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    At the moment, PewDiePie is my most favorite LPer. His commentary's awesome, and the reactions that he makes are priceless. Generally, he's just very entertaining--he never fails to make me laugh. :] Another of my favorite would have to be Chuggaaconroy. Some people may not find his jokes to be the funniest, but... yeah, he's definitely an amazing LPer. Along with these two, I also like 2JoshJepson, 3NintendoCapriSun, 6AttackingTucans, and Achievement Hunter.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Chuggaconroy. I used to watch Lewis and Simon on the Yogscast a lot (their Shadow of Israphel series specifically) but it's been months and I just be bothered to go and check out their stuff and try to catch up. But Chugga is enjoyable and makes awesome comments and it's just nice to relax and see his videos sometimes. And he's partially the reason why I actually got Animal Crossing: New Leaf o o p s. But how he managed to pull off his AC: NL let's play was amazing okay. I really really enjoyed it and was actually sad to see the first half end haha. Overally though Chugga is the one LPer I go back to from time to time to watch more of his stuff since I haven't done so yet.

Outlier

PewDiePie is so annoying that I actually find him offensive. I wouldn't even know of his videos if they weren't constantly trending on my homepage. Seriously people get better taste lol.

Back