• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favourite Intro?

Years
  • From the very beginning of Pokemon, the games have given us some epic intros, from the classic battle between a Gengar and Nidorino, to the crowning of N, the games always present the player with a snazzy opening cinematic. So do you guys like the intros? Which one is your favourite? Do you even bother watching them?

Personally, my favourite is the intro from Emerald. I loved seeing the main characters cycling down that road with the Latias and Latios flying above them, plus I think the music in that is the most nostalgic thing ever for me, it always brings back good memories.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Crystal/s intro was pretty dope

I'll go with ORAS though

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Pokemon Emerald, also. I'm very biased because Gen III is my favorite, but I really like the natural, soothing tones turning into an adventurous theme. I also like how they changed the graphics so that the middle battle phrases were the fight between Groudon/Kyogre.
    The title theme itself is easily my favorite, covering the feelings of every part of the region in my opinion. There's also this one bit towards the end that sets my hair on end with its power, but that's just me :P

t0gekiss

Even though I don't own a copy of it, it has to be Emerald! It's so cool what they did with that little cutscene. Crystal's is pretty dope aswell though.

Years
  • From the very beginning of Pokemon, the games have given us some epic intros, from the classic battle between a Gengar and Nidorino, to the crowning of N, the games always present the player with a snazzy opening cinematic. So do you guys like the intros? Which one is your favourite? Do you even bother watching them?

Personally, my favourite is the intro from Emerald. I loved seeing the main characters cycling down that road with the Latias and Latios flying above them, plus I think the music in that is the most nostalgic thing ever for me, it always brings back good memories.

I agree, that is definitely my favorite for all the same reasons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I'm probably biased, but definitely the first one.

The memories associated with it, mixed with the amazing music video by Smosh back when YouTube was new, made it #1 in my book.

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
    Years
  • Definitely Gen 1. I remember being a kid watching the Derpy Sprites of Charmander, Squirtle, and others past by.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Emeralds for sure! Gen ones was boring for me :3 But Emerald seemed pretty action packed and gave a good idea of what you were playing. Plus it had rayquaza so it was already pretty amazing xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Gen III as well, but the ORAS one - I was so excited to see it on the 3DS, the nostalgia with the 3D graphics was really memorable.

And this is past the opening cinematic, but I also love the part where they use the actual intro with Professor Birch from the original game - then you realize you're seeing him on your character's SP. I mean, it's kind of weird she's playing a game about herself but I won't question it, it was a cool scene.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Black and White's intro is the most cinematic and for that reason it is my favourite. The music goes really well with the short story it tells and the crowing on N adds a really nice touch to it. None of the others have really stood out to me apart from BW.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I almost always skip them so I had to stop for a minute to try and remember any, but probably Black and White, like a lot of other people here. I adore all the music in Black and White, and the introduction is no exception. Also, many intros just focus on arbitrary Pokémon battles or animations, while the Black and White one stands out in that regard.

Years
  • Also, many intros just focus on arbitrary Pokémon battles or animations, while the Black and White one stands out in that regard.

This is a really good point, before Black and White the intros were mainly about certain Pokemon and the region of the game. But with B/W, it focuses more on the story of the game which is important for what Game Freak were trying to achieve.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The opening of XY.

The Coronation of N sets the stage for the most narratively-focused games of the series. The art style is beautiful, the music is great, and it gives you just enough backstory (without the use of dialog, which is always impressive) to get the ball rolling. And like Blue and Rainbow mentioned, it's cinematic and actually a "story" on its own, rather than just being flashy cut-ins of various Pokémon and NPCs. It's by far my favorite opening.

Back