• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your first Hoenn Team

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I don't know if there is already a topic on this but I wanted to make something for people who played RSE when it first came out. The question I want to ask is, what was everyone's first team on their VERY first playthrough of RS. What was the first Pokemon you captured and did you keep his/her til the end of the game?

For me, I remember I chose Torchic as my starter and the first Pokemon I caught was Wingull. I liked Wingull so much and I purposely didn't try to catch other Pokemon on that route where you battle May/Haruka because I wanted so much to believe Wingull was rare :D I kept Wingull and turned it into a Pelipper. It actually helped me a ton during Norman's battle.

I also caught a whismur because I thought it was pink and cute when I first got it (I like fairy-looking Pokemon even before it became an official typing). I remember being so happy when it evolved into a Loudred but I was a bit unhappy when it evolved into Exploud because I thought it looked butt-ugly like that. What happened to the little cutie I caught :p

That's all that I can remember but my very first time playing through the game but I remember also falling in love with Minun because it was the first Pikachu clone I got (when Pika clones were still a new concept) and it actually had some good defense and helped against my elite four battles.

So what about everyone else's first team or first few Pokemon caught that hold a special place in your heart?

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
  • From the first playthrough of my sapphire version, I seem to remember my team being something like: Blaziken, Swellow, Aggron, Walrein, Tropius and Hariyama.

The first pokemon i caught was a Taillow, he was especially useful against Brawly and fairly easy to level up so i kept him in my team all the way, despite catching a Tropius which can also learn Fly.

Pretty sure Aggron was the staple of my team, he was definitely the strongest level, high 80's in the end.

I distinctly remember catching a Spheal because i thought it looked kinda ridiculous but cool, before that i was using a Pelliper for the 'water' slot, but i guess i just liked the idea of having a Walrein more.

Pretty sure I wiped the elite 4 and champion first time with this team, it was definitely one of my favourites.

Years
  • I don't really remember. I just know i never evolved Grovyle into Sceptile because i thought Grovyle looked way cooler.

And i probably used a Swellow, that's as far as i remember.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • My first one? Just Sceptile. I didn't get the whole "team" thing and didn't bother training anyone else. Worked out pretty well in the the end, though, because I took the same route the second way through and only used Blaziken. I guess this means that for ORAS I should stay with tradition and only use Swampert?

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Sceptile, Azumarill, Delcatty, Pelipper and Jigglypuff. :3 I recently found a question on Yahoo Answers by my 9 year old self, and asked people if my team was ready for the Elite Four. Eventually I either got a Ninetales or a Crawdaunt - probably after I posted the question.

Years
  • I remember it was : Swampert, Swellow, Linoone, Mightyena, Camerupt and i believe Flygon
    I always thought that Taillow was the best pokemon ever, the same thing happened with Linoone (not a bad catch, it can learn almost every move in the game), Mightyena was just the best for me, i think i ended up having him at level 63 i think and the at 45 or 46 XD, Camerupt was like a 'meh, i have pokiballz' so i captured one and was it. Also i liked a lot Trapinch and captured one because i saw it in a video

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I believe I had with me Swampert, Swellow, Gardevoir, Salamence, Camerupt and Manectric. Pretty strong and solid team imo. I had no means of trading, so I made do with the best I could get.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I don't remember much, but I know for sure I had a Blaziken and a Rayquaza. I never got a Swalot but I remembering wanting to get one cuz it looked really cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My first consisted of Blaziken, and two other Pokémon (that I can't remember the names of) for HM purposes. Blaziken was my main focus here, and was the only thing I used when battling, mostly.

Years
  • A Grovyle who I gave up on half way through. He became my HM slave
    A Gardevoir who was like my favourite Poekmon ever
    A Delcatty who swept Flannery and Norman as a Skitty then evolved just before Winnona
    A Pelipper who had Surf, Fly, Shock Wave and Protect (can't believe I still remember!)
    A Dustox who was my precious. No one could bad mouth him
    A Linoone who literally wrecked with Headbutt... and sometimes Dig too

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do still sort of remember my first team from Ruby, 11 years ago. I had like Swampert, Manectric, Camerupt, Pelipper (which was a late addition that hardly did anything), Walrein and I forget what my last one was, been a long time since x_x It was nice, but not super memorable for such.

Years
  • Honestly I don't remember much of my first team.
    I do, however, remember that I was a novice at first and had the worst team ever in mankind.
    I used to (and still do) love Blaziken so that was a pokemon I enjoyed training. Other than that I remember a swablu and a Tropius on my team. I remember I was extremely bad with training my pokemon and I never trained them in the grass.
    That also meant my swablu and my Tropius never grew in level. So I literally beat every gym leader with just a Blaziken and I went against the elite 4 and I always lost to Steven.
    Still pretty impressive with just a Blaziken at the time.
    Now I am much much better at Pokemon lol!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Blaziken and Flygon. I can't remember their names anymore (hey, this was a long time ago), but I can remember getting really mad at my cousin, because I temporarily traded them over to him (I think I wanted to restart my game or something) and he ended up losing his game, and thus my Pokemon.

The Serious Table

Can't touch this
    Years
  • Wow that was a loooong time ago. Back in Sapphire, my final team after beating the game was..

Sceptile Lvl 83
    Aggron (shiny) Lvl 80
    Altaria Lvl 79
    Machamp Lvl 81
    Ludicolo Lvl 84
    Claydol Lvl 84

Years
  • I remember having Swampert, Magneton, Swellow, and Aggron but I can't really remember the other two. Which is odd because I loved the Pokemon I had on my first playthrough, I think I kept transferring them to new games until HGSS.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I didn't remember it clearly...but i'm sure this is my team :

~Flygon
    ~Scizor
    ~Blaziken
    ~Corphish
    ~Torkoal
    ~Aggron

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I can't remember exactly what my team was for the whole game, but I do distinctly remember being beaten by Roxanne a couple of times as the only pokes as I tried beating her with a Torchic and Wingull. I know I had a Manectric as it was basically the Hoenn Jolteon, but I can't think of who else I had. I think I had Aggron too, as it was around that time that I realised slow pokemon are annoying as hell for an ingame team unless they have set-up. I also remember teaching him Surf and instantly regretting it.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • lets see, my first hoenn team, i believe i ended up with....

treeko
    beautifly
    poochyena
    zigzagoon
    ralts
    wingull

i would later raise them all up big and strong, and became champ with them after they all grew up :D

Back