• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your first Hoenn Team

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I changed my team some (added Salamence, Blaziken, Sceptile, and Gardevoir near the end), but I think I originally used Swampert, Linoone, Tropius, Camerupt, and Manectric, and had a spare space for training. My team wasn't nearly as set in RSE as it was in some of my other games, though.

fon

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    When I first played Sapphire I was 10 and didn't care about teambuilding, lol. My team was just a Sceptile, Linoone and Altaria. I managed to do just fine though. Less Pokemon meant levelling up faster which sounded good to me at the time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    For me, I remember I chose Torchic as my starter and the first Pokemon I caught was Wingull. I liked Wingull so much and I purposely didn't try to catch other Pokemon on that route where you battle May/Haruka because I wanted so much to believe Wingull was rare :D I kept Wingull and turned it into a Pelipper. It actually helped me a ton during Norman's battle.

EXCUSE ME ARE YOU ME??? I did the same thing! lol I was goofing off with Torchic and Wingull then I saw the Petalburg Gym and was like "WHOA ALREADY?!?!?!" and then started getting serious. I buffed up, went in...and...yeah. We know how that went. lol

My first Sapphire team looked something like this: Blaziken, Pelipper, Sableye, Bellossom, Gardevoir, Crobat/Ludicolo (I swapped them often idk why cause I never swap like that now). I hope to replicate this team in AlphaSapphire! n___n

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I can't remember exactly what my team was, because I got Sapphire when it first came out back in 2003... n_n;

But, I do remember it had Swampert, Breloom, Swellow, and I think Manectric. The last two (if I even had two more) are unknown to me, though.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't remember the exact team that I used in Sapphire, but I know it included Blaziken, Swellow, Gardevoir, Azumarill, and Crobat. However, Azumarill and Crobat may have actually been on the Ruby cartridge that I had lost - I don't exactly remember. I'm pretty sure that I also used Kyogre to take on the Elite Four because wynaut.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Swampert.
    Flygon.
    Sableye.
    Skarmory
    Golem.

I tried to be cool, and only have 5.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2015
    my starter was torchic!
    the rest I think were minun, swalot, breloom, aggron, and azumarill.
    my minun was awesome! it had thunder and flash, took hits all over the place and I think 1hko'd glacia's walrein.

Years
    • Age 31
    • UK
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    I haven't played my original Sapphire game in almost 8 years, but the team I beat the elite four with was:

Blaziken (Nekizalb) lvl 100
    Dodrio lvl 60
    Tentacruel lvl 66
    Gyarados lvl 33
    Skitty (Skitit) lvl 88
    Kyogre lvl 50

As you can tell, I relied on my Blaziken a lot.

Back