• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

your gender identity

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
  • I identify as a female, because I was born with a pussy.

Anyway, I've been curious: How does one exactly feel like the opposite gender? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's impossible to feel like something you weren't born as. Call yourselves whatever the **** you want (since there are a plethora of bs terms to choose from), but at the end of the day, you are still a female, a male, or a hermaphrodite, depending on what you have down there.
    Theres a science on genders. and it is possible to be the wrong gender as your sex because of how the brain works. which is also why transgender is treated like a mental illness in the UK and some states. but the general jist of it is that most males show left brain thinking opposed to the female right brain and vis-verta. also just a question how would you deal with intersex (no sex organs or both organs)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I identify as a female, because I was born with a pussy.

Anyway, I've been curious: How does one exactly feel like the opposite gender? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's impossible to feel like something you weren't born as. Call yourselves whatever the **** you want (since there are a plethora of bs terms to choose from), but at the end of the day, you are still a female, a male, or a hermaphrodite, depending on what you have down there.
    Why does my penis affect my brain in any way? If I were male but born with a vagina instead of a penis, which would I be? That happens.

The brain is a physical organ like any other part of your body, and a male and female brain are physically different. Research has shown that physically male people who identify as female have physically female brains, and vice versa. It's just a birth defect caused by hormonal imbalances during pregnancy.

You're not female because you have a pussy, you're female because your brain is female.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In an utopian world, you would be born, check what's dangling between your legs, nod and accept it and then go on to live your life with whatever name, occupation, clothes, interest and romances you want. If you got a penis but walk around in dresses and make up, fine! But it should still be okay for you to "identify" as a guy. In an utopian world.

All these labels... I've never needed them and I'm not going to bother trying to understand them. People are people, and if you find someone you like, are you really going to worry about if they sit or stand while peeing?

And I hate shopping for clothes, but love wearing them. I love shopping for technology and games, but am not great at playing them. I wear make up, but I hate cooking. I'm a scientist, and I love my cat. I'm a person. Guess my true gender?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I identify as a female, because I was born with a pussy.

to paraphrase the lovely chaz bono, gender is what's between the ears, not between the legs
    are you to deny my own gender identity based on a physical appendage used to reproduce?
    gender as we know it is a social construct
    think about it
    if aliens were to arrive and take a human or whatever, and that human happened to possess a vagina, they wouldn't call that person a woman because they'd have no concept of what we think of as womanhood. they'd just note their their specimen has an interesting piece of flesh on/in their body and move on to whatever else they're doing. if they were to take another specimen who happens to have a penis, they would note the same thing. with no understanding of our concept of gender, we'd just be flesh.
    with this argument it could be argued that i am wrong in identifying as a woman, as we are all simply flesh and bones with a brain that has created an impossibly inflexible social system of gender identity. but my point is, to deny a person what they believe their gender to be based on their genitalia is incorrect.

and also, gender dysphoria is the term used to describe when someone starts heavily identifying with a gender that they were not assigned to at birth. dysphoria is not a required aspect of being transgender, but most certainly a common thread across stories. so it is totally possible to not feel like the person medical science initially claimed you to be.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • It's a common misconception for people to not understand the difference between biological sex and gender.

As I stated earlier for those who don't understand, gender is an identity, while sex is a biological part of your body. Your chromosomes have a sex. Your mind has a gender.

Because most people do not have a mismatch between their gender and their sex, it's very common for people to not understand the difference. In fact, casual use of the word gender implying sex is extremely common, and it's there because of the connentations of the word "sex". Because the word "sex" is related to "sexuality", people get a little iffy about that and say it's "gender", thus leading to confusion.

Those who do are called transgender if they view themselves as the opposite gender, or nonbinary if they do not have a gender that fits into gender binary. Examples of the latter would be androgyny, agender, or polygender.

Last edited:

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    I identify myself as A male

Because I am a male ! And I am in no mode of becoming or pretending to be a female ! xD But sometimes I just say I am a female in front of my friends in net in order to shock them ! I use it as only a joke nothing else ! xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sometimes I think these sorts of threads will be interesting in the respect that I'll have something to say in them, but I never do. I go by agender, and find my sex unfortunate but not unbearable.

Reactions: Her

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i was born male
    i identify as neither

but if people ask me i just say male because i dont feel like my gender is really something that defines me so it doesn't really bother me if people misgender me because 1) it's not that big of a deal for me, and 2) i only really tell people i am close with so

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Born male, so I am male. As such as I see myself as male.

I see "gender roles" as mainly learned behaviour and not particularly important, so I see sex and gender as the same thing. With one just being a more polite expression

Back