• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your heroes/idols

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Not anybody famous. If anybody at all, I just look up to my older siblings.

Days
I don't look upon anyone, as everyone is unique and trying to copy them will never develop us. I just try to find my own best self, which performs with ideal morals and values. So basically, ideas are which I look towards, rather than someone particular.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
John Brown, Thomas Sankara, Nye Bevan, Sophie Scholl, Hugh Thompson Jr

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
tumblr_4f929b6b9a2f5d3a2ce54c3b24bff2eb_4a397a71_400.gif

Did anyone say idols?

Okay, for real though, if I've been looking up to people or admiring them in the past several years, they've almost always been close friends of mine. I think it's really hard for me to connect with people if I view them as better than me (because I both have social anxiety and don't view myself in the most positive way) so while I think people like successful artists on social media or idols performing live on stage are incredibly talented in aspects I wish I had, I don't really think I look up to them. I don't find myself aspiring to be like them.
With friends though, it's a lot easier for me to connect with them and have deeper conversations, and their words are more important to me. If a friend is talking about an aspect of themselves I admire, I feel close enough to be able to tell them "Wow I admire that" and it's easier to aspire to be that way myself, thinking "well if my friend can do that, so can I". I think that personal connection is really important to me when it comes to this sort of thing.

They don't have to be real people either! I'll look up to fictional characters that I can relate to a lot. Setsuna is a great example. If I can relate to things they'll say or how they'll feel it'll inspire me to be just as good as how I view them. Maybe there's something I don't like about myself but fans of this character would go "It's cute how she does this!" and it'll help me view that as something good about myself rather than something bad, and that's a lot of what looking up to someone means to me.
Some of the first examples that come to mind are Ayumu Uehara, Setsuna Yuki, Hotaru Ichijou, and recently, Junko Konno. Ignore the coincidence that three of those happen to literally be idols

Back