• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your HM Slave ~

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I have to agree with Hiiro. I would use Sentret, because it can learn many HMs and I can catch it early.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    HM slaves make me so sad. They make me want to write Farla-esque moralizing fanfiction. The poor dudes carry everyone around on their backs, do all the heavy lifting (literally) and don't get anything in return. AWWWW

but anyway i think I use(d) Marill a lot for my HM slave needs in the second generation.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2010
    i use legit shiny dragonair and legit shiny shinx : ) bboth from my pt

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I got a Poliwhirl for Surf, Waterfall, Rock Smash and Strength, a Farfetch'd for Fly and Cut, and a Geodude (caught from the Safari to get that new feature) for Rock Climb, Strength and Rock Smash.

I use Geodude for cave-exploring unless the dungeon requires Surf, like Mt. Mortar. D:

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    In sinnoh (D/P) a bibarel. In Kanto (LG/FR) a rattata. In Johto (G/S) furret. In Hoenn (R/S) a linoone.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    Played the game, I had no actual slave. Most Pokemons in my party would have atleast one HM move.​

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    I switched between Bellsprout, Krabby, Sudowoodo and Hoothoot. I do want 2 Pokemon that can learn all the HMs between each other (like Bibarel and Skarmory in DPPt).

Years
    I did not use an HM slave for the pre-Elite Four except for Mantine which was only for Whirlpool and Waterfall. Right now, I have a Bibarel and I have taught it Cut, Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Climb.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Nayy, for me, the usual Surf, Waterfall and Fly would be for my own 6s on the parties.
    Others are learned by the ones I don't use, and withdraw when neccessary.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    i usually just go into a cave with two empty spots and catch a geodude and fish for a water pokemon and usuualy back tract to a pokemon center to get a pokemon if i need cut or something

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    I don't use HM slaves. I like every Pokemon in my party to be useful in battle, so I give each 1 or 2 HM's.

someone is not a competitive battler haha.

the only good HM to teach pokemon is surf and waterfall depending if its a special or physical attacker.

===

my HM slave might be furret i remember it could learn surf.

Years
    ...HM slaves may be cheap, but you need to have power in your team! The majority of HMs are weak. I mean, in Pearl, I taught my Empoleon surf, because it's a good move and I didn't have anything else to use XD

But now it rots in the boxes :P

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    someone is not a competitive battler haha.

the only good HM to teach pokemon is surf and waterfall depending if its a special or physical attacker.

===

my HM slave might be furret i remember it could learn surf.

I'm talking about my in-game team, not my competitive team :/

Back