• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate everything about the monkeys pretty much. :x Even though I don't even like the actual creature, the only one I tolerate from the monkey choices in B/W is Hihidaruma, and even so, he's an ape, so.

I won't be using the monkey I get in-game, though.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I really hope that they don't decide to replace the eeveelutions with elemental monkeys. They're so.... ewww, haha.

I kind of think they won't, seeing as how the monkeys represent something that has a definite number ( the three wise monkeys ), where as the eeveelutions can represent an infinite number of things ( or, at least 17 things ). I won't be using the monkeys, either.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    So everyone agrees that monkeys suck.
    On a side note, Yanappu reminds me spinach. I wonder if he's edible too.

Years
    I kinda dislike how the Elemonkies are looking at becoming a "second Starter" of sorts.

And though I like Choroneko and it's dark type, resisting the Bites of 2 of the more common starting out pokemon, it really is not something for taking OR dealing damage.
    Munna.... I don't know what to say here. That thing is kinda WTF.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    This guy has kinda grown on me :P

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Yea, i was like everyone else. I thought he was ugly and his stats are sub par compared to other dragons. But 120 Attack and 90 for each defense is by no means bad. It does kinda suck however that he dosen't get any stat boosting moves save for Claw Sharpen. He get's Glare however, which is nice i guess. He also gets one of the most awesome abilities (IMO) which is Rough Skin :D

He's also the only dragon that has the ability Brute Force. Bagon also gets it in the dream world, but i'm pretty sure he looses it when he evolves (correct me if i'm wrong). It just sucks that Crimgan dosen't have any Dragon type move to take advantage of with it :/

I might try him out when i get White. He has really grown on me.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Yea, i was like everyone else. I thought he was ugly and his stats are sub par compared to other dragons. But 120 Attack and 90 for each defense is by no means bad. It does kinda suck however that he dosen't get any stat boosting moves save for Claw Sharpen. He get's Glare however, which is nice i guess. He also gets one of the most awesome abilities (IMO) which is Rough Skin :D

He's also the only dragon that has the ability Brute Force. Bagon also gets it in the dream world, but i'm pretty sure he looses it when he evolves (correct me if i'm wrong). It just sucks that Crimgan dosen't have any Dragon type move to take advantage of with it :/

But it's head.... It has like a hole in it and it is all red. And its body is... awful. Its wings are like a paper cut out and its arms are bigger than its legs. Its colours do not match at all either. I think I will catch it and let it rot in the PC. And don't get me started on its shiny colouration...

It is actually my least favourite 5th gen pokemon :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I hate those friggin monkeys so much, but everything else as looked pretty good ^_^ Even Pokabu and Snivy's lines are growing on me

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years

OMG I thought I was the only one. Crimgan is the only Dragon type I have really planned to use on my team, as I dont use PLs. And Flygon and Kingdra suck. I like how he is more ... rough and brutal. Other dragons are sorta ... elegant, mystical, etc. But Crimgan seems like a normal pokemon. Make sense?

The Red Chain

On a side note, Yanappu reminds me spinach. I wonder if he's edible too.
    Gotta throw in a disagreement. At first I wasn't too huge on Yanappu but when Baoppu and Hiyappu came into the picture, I fell in complete monkey love. <33
    The anime only helped build on that love even further, and so did capturing all three and using them in my White version. :3

Despite having really poor stats, I love them for their silly behavior, their looks, and everything else in between.
    I don't like to choose Pokemon off how good their stats are. I use ones I like. <3

I still don't like it. It's just too over-designed for my tastes. Differently colored spikes poking out everywhere you look, differently colored spikey head, leaf-like spikey wings that are the same color as the body, ridged underbelly, arms disproportionate to it's body, and tiny legs. It's battle sprite even stumbles side to side like it cannot balance because of the weird proportions it was given. Ontop of all that, the colors clash super badly. @.@;
    Sorry, no can do here. XD;

... I do gotta say though, Crimgan has some amazing eyes. <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    oh man, I just figured out what looks so off about Crimgan! This is has been driving me crazy! He looks like a digimon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dislike everything about Crimgan. Its shape, colouring, face, it's all just ugly to me. By far my least favourite from this generation.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    From discussing how fugly Crimigan is it sparked my attention to how classy this pokemons region looks. Let me show you:
    Spoiler:

that is like half the pokedex, and hey all look classy/posh/royal/elegant/dainty in some way. No more rough and tough pokemon, classy is the new thing. Even Crimigan looks royal, its head is like a crown!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, I guess this regions Pokemon are really posh and clean... I love it.

Charizard203

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    I really like: Jaroda for the looks first I though it looked bad then I like it because I'm used to it we all need to get used to new things. It's Strategy Moveset is really good.
    Shandeera because it's weird typing is a good fooling strategy, helps in Ghost Teams.
    Reshiram A white colour I just hate they didn't introduce Light Type!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I never knew there could be so many royal Pokemon apart from Jalorda.

As for my opinion on Crimgan: it's the worst Dragon Pokemon ever created in terms of design. Its color scheme is horrible, and so is the general look. It's got a good movepool, but its Speed holds it back.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like Crimgan actually. Everyone says its ugly but its exactly what I'd expect from a dragon in an America based region lol.

Years
    I never knew there could be so many royal Pokemon apart from Jalorda.

As for my opinion on Crimgan: it's the worst Dragon Pokemon ever created in terms of design. Its color scheme is horrible, and so is the general look. It's got a good movepool, but its Speed holds it back.

I can't help but agree here. :/ It's certainly not the prettiest dragon we've seen. I do like that fact that it isn't going to be an over-used powerhouse, though.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I've always found Salamence a pretty awkward Dragon Pokemon... it's legs are stupid and its wings are lame... Crimgan is exactly the type of Dragon Pokemon I'd expect to find in the mountains.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back