• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Phobias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amplified Ampharos

Christmas Plant
Years
  • Fish I am so scared of it I threaten my parents by saying If you make me eat fish I am going Vegan. So they don't try anymore. Oh and I have a fear of Albinos yeah that is stupid being afraid of a human but I am

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • I have only a couple of phobias, which are arachnophobia and Belonephobia, but both of them are very severe (I actually have a full blown asthma attack if I see a spider any bigger than my little fingernail *shudder*), and the belonephobia is not so handy seeing as my husband is a diabetic :S

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • I like sharks and needles! And I knocked a huge hornet's nest off the side of my house while my mom was keeping her distance. XD I pick up spiders... they're almost cute. (except Black Widows and the like.)
    Sorry to brag. XD

But I am emetophobic. My worst fear in the world is vomiting. I freak out, and I go in my room, pace all over the place, stay up all night, refuse to eat or drink... if someone so much as mentions someone got sick. T.T I'd rather die. And that's the truth, I do not fear death.

Another fear is being raped. O_o

Something that goes along with that is bearing children. I don't want to get married and I don't want to have kids. (unless it was with Itachi, but he doesn't exist so that's beside the point.)

Insanity might also be a fear for me, but it also enthralls me. I'm fascinated by it. And I think I'm going insane myself anyway, I hear voices. All the time.

Another horrid fear of mine already came true...
    *SPOILER FOR NARUTO*
    Spoiler:

I used to be TERRIFIED of throwing up. I would do the same thing, refuse to eat or drink anything, stay up all night, and pace around. and I would shake uncontrollably. But I got over that fear. Because I got a strange virus last year, and I would feel fine, then randomly start feeling sick and then throw up. and it would happen every few days for about 4 months. It sucked =(

anyway, besides my fears I put here earlier, another one is Erotophobia- Fear of sex. Probably because of something that happened when I was little, but still. just thinking about it scares me ><;

Years
  • Needles. Can't stand needles. When I had to go into surgery, the nurse was perturbed by my rising blood pressure as she readied the needle for the IV insertion >_>

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Hmm. I fear any kind of pain, emotional or physical. And I fear death, and being rejected. That's about it.

I use to fear heights and needles, but no so much anymore.

Sneas

Burning Blaze.
    Years
  • My phobias are heights, centipedes, and snakes. Some spiders too, but only huge spiders bother me.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • I'm deathly scared of people breaking into my house... I had a dream about that once; I was sitting at my desk and it was dark out. I glanced up (my desk chair faces my window) and saw someone in my backyard.

... I know it was only a dream, but ever since then I've been really OCD about making sure the doors and windows are locked before I go to sleep. Better safe than sorry.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    any type of bug.
    i hate bugs.
    and when im dreaming
    i sometimes dream of bus crawling all over me.
    its scary
    my other dreams are of death and me falling off a near by building.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I dont really have a phobia besides heights, I'm afraid of them seriously I hate going on rides normally if they are high up in the air.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Things with really tiny holes stuck in it.
    I...just can't stand them D: I don't know why, but they creep me out ;;
    I don't like spiders either.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't have any serious fears, I don't think. I'm afraid of bees, wasps, and the like, but over the years I've gotten better at dealing with them. I actually love most other kinds of insects. 8/ I'm not a fan of dogs. I used to be scared of chihuahuas (I have NO idea why I'd be scared of little dogs and not big huge ones but there you go), but I seem to have gotten over this too. I still hate them though.

Aside from that? I guess I'm mostly scared of commitment, love, relationships, etc. I like to pass it off as me not feeling ready yet but after seeing so many people take it way too seriously (are you supposed to?), seeing so many relationships fall apart, etc... it just bothers me. I don't want to have to deal with it.

OH and I'm scared of getting things in my eye, or touching my eyes, or just... I dunno. I remember doing TERRIBLY on the optics unit in Physics because I couldn't watch the videos or paying attention in class without feeling sick. I used to have to leave the lunch table when my friends were talking about contact lenses, too. And god forbid they actually take out their lenses around me. XD I've improved a lot, though. I can watch someone put in/take out contacts these days and I have no problem with them talking about it but... I dunno, if someone mentions how they had a really close call with like, stabbing themselves in the eye by accident or something I get SO queasy. ;_;'

Can't think of anything else I'm scared of. I love heights, bugs, crowds, etc. so the "common fears" don't apply, I guess.

Having a phobia means you're afraid of something irrational, as in it cannot possibly harm you. Having a fear of sharks, for instance, has no phobia, because it can actually hurt you.

Just wanted to make that clear.
    You can be irrationally afraid of something that can't hurt you. Throwing your example back at you, someone can be selachophobic (fear of sharks, thanks to that site ;D). What if they live in the middle of nowhere on a massive continent. They can never have seen a shark IRL and have no plans to travel to an area in which sharks live, but they can sure as hell be deathly afraid of sharks. :( And to be honest, anyone living where there ARE sharks could have the phobia too, it just has more of a basis. Besides, most people in this thread are just mentioning their basic fears--I bet most don't have actual phobias anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I've always had a phobia of elevators.
    I'd rather climb 70+ stairs then use an elevator, besides it's more exercise. :]

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Snakes. Holy crap, if a snake was wrapping itself around me I would just die, instantly. I just hate how their skin is shiny and slippery and scaly at the same time. I also hate how they move. Urgh just typing this is making me feel sick.

Do not watch this if you are eating or have eaten in the last couple of hours:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pahea7HoeYs

I'm also somewhat afraid of heights.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Drowning omg. ;----------;
    Which is the reason why I have yet to learn how to swim. :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    I have a few phobias that I'm really embarrassed about... not because they are embarrassing, necessarily, but because people feel really sorry for me about them, which I don't like.

My first phobia is a fear of bridges. Not just going over bridges, but simply looking at a bridge can cause me to have a slight panic attack. I don't know where this phobia comes from, but it's not fun. Especially since there's a lot of large bridges where I live.

My second phobia is a fear of the heart. Again, I don't know where this fear comes from, but it's even worse than my bridge fear. Whenever I see a picture of a heart, or hear the sound of a heart beating, I freeze up, which causes my heart to beat faster, which in turn worsens my condition and I usually end up on the floor in a fetal position, crying and shaking uncontrollably until I either calm down or pass out. It really sucks, since I had to leave class during Biology when we were learning about the heart.

Other than that... I don't really have any other phobias. I, for one, love spiders- just not the venomous kind. Heights don't bother me either, and I happen to love small spaces. I guess I'm just weird like that. ^^;

~StarryLatiasGirl

Crissy

Contest Guru <3
    Years
  • My phobias are:
    Spiders
    Dark rooms
    Small spaces
    Not sure if there is a phobia for:
    Wondering what happens after you die

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
  • Your mom's my phobia

I have a little bit of claustrophobia. I just don't like being crowded or in small spaces that have no "real" door like an elevator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back