• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your plans for 2024?

Years
  • What are your plans for the upcoming year? In this case, 2024. What will you plan on doing? Anything exciting? As for me I'll just continue working my part time job and do whatever.

Years
  • get an iphone, install an AC for my partner's room before the summer season so she doesn't boil alive, replace our washing machine with an automatic one so laundry days don't take 6 hours anymore, be more consistent with my work outputs where i can constantly earn the most money each pay period, and just be more grateful in general for what i have.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Making my move to Connecticut! I know that I said this for 2023, but life happened and pushed that back a bit, as I didn't even take my trip there until November, when it was supposed to be half a year earlier, and I wasn't going to make a move to somewhere I had never even visited. This year looks much more promising. We're gearing up for it to happen early in the year, in fact, but we'll see. Lots of factors in play.

As for after that, we'll have to see. This move is perhaps the biggest change I have ever made in my entire life, so it's a lot to process by itself!

Years
  • Making my move to Connecticut! I know that I said this for 2023, but life happened and pushed that back a bit, as I didn't even take my trip there until November, when it was supposed to be half a year earlier, and I wasn't going to make a move to somewhere I had never even visited. This year looks much more promising. We're gearing up for it to happen early in the year, in fact, but we'll see. Lots of factors in play.

As for after that, we'll have to see. This move is perhaps the biggest change I have ever made in my entire life, so it's a lot to process by itself!
    The biggest change in my life we ever did was move a few times from one city to another in the same state. So from one city to another basically. We've moved 2x in my current city, but that was because one place was temp housing till my parents could find and save for a proper home which we've lived in for years now.

Well, I want to live through it.
    Yeah, me too.

Years
  • We'll be moving out somewhere probably, not sure where yet but husband's work contract here in Western Australia expires September 2024... but he'll most likely have a different job lined up before then. Edinburgh is the most likely since he's very qualified for that position and the hiring manager is his old boss, who wants him to apply. But we'll see!! I'm excited.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • 1531423083_tumblr_onvxfvs8Ak1w7to0go3_500.gif

Sorry, I'm going to ramble for a bit.

Being able to simply get through it is definitely the end goal, 2023 hasn't been the greatest year for me and I suppose the biggest thing I yearn for is a happy, safe, secure feeling in my living situation. Just to feel like I can support myself and have a job that doesn't hurt my emotional and mental health. Being safe/secure/happy is definitely what I want most overall and I sadly know that isn't just going to be dropped into my lap. So I guess I want to be kinder to myself this coming year to help with that, since I'm not necessarily the kindest to myself currently.

I want to continue being passionate about things, and I want to be able to voice that more often, more clearly. Whether it's things like writing more full articles for my blog (since I already have a couple projects I want to finish) or talking in general about those things, or just opening up to new people and being able to tell them "here's this thing that I like!" without being shy or anxious about it.
    I've been able to connect really strongly with my dad because of our common interests and after I've moved away from home last year that's started to feel like it's slipped out of my grip. Over 2022 I kinda fell out of love with Love Live and it's something that he's continued to be interested in. When we'd talk about it, I'd have to tell him things like "Oh I've been meaning to watch that, I'll get around to it" and I didn't really feel like I could until this month. I feel like that passion has been reignited and I want to be able to use it to show him I really care about being able to connect with him. I just finished rewatching season 1 of Sunshine to remind myself what I love about it, and I've been telling him over and over I'll watch Genjitsu no Yohane eventually, and finally did this month. This coming year I want to both encourage my passions and show him how much I care.

Maybe this is a bit embarrassing but I'd love to join the whole gaming journal thing? The past couple years I've been sharing my thoughts about what games I've completed over the year and I think doing that kind of thing here on PC would be a great way to contribute more. I haven't previously because I've feared the commitment or thought people wouldn't be interested, but it's something exciting I'd enjoy doing! I have several projects in mind for what I want to play this coming year, and hey I like talking at length about stuff. It could help organize my thoughts. Overall, I think I just want to find and express more confidence in myself.

I'd like to go back to playing the Pokemon TCG, likely just casually, since I've been out of it for all of Sword and Shield and I plan to attend a Regionals in 2024 back home as an excuse to catch up with old friends there. Now that I've been out of the game, the meta feels like it's shifting very strongly and rapidly and I want to find my footing in that and get back into what's basically been my favourite hobby my whole life.

I hope 2024 is a great year for everyone, and that whether this past year has been good or bad, this next one is even better than that. Let's do out best!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • The biggest change in my life we ever did was move a few times from one city to another in the same state. So from one city to another basically. We've moved 2x in my current city, but that was because one place was temp housing till my parents could find and save for a proper home which we've lived in for years now.

I see, the most I've done before this was just a temporary move an hour away (same state) for university. I do have to say that even an in-state move can be a bit to take. I was heartbroken when I had to leave my apartment life after graduating from university. I imagine it would have been tougher if I was younger and moving schools.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm starting a new job on Jan 15th with a company that is giving me more time for myself. I'm hoping the extra freedom will give me more time to explore everything that I've missed out on since I started working.

Years
  • I have another one of those weird meetings on Janurary 3rd. Mom threatened I might get thrown out of day-hab which I originally wanted, but then suddenly, weird things in life happened which convicned me I NEED to go five days a week. I wish I could describe those weird things, but no one here would understand. I just want the meeting to be civil and uh, idk. I'm just frightened by it all.

Also, SURVIVE! Like a few people here said. I'm convinced I have diabetes, uh whoops.

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I hadn't given it much thought, honestly. I'd like to find a new job if possible, maybe start a new drawing project, and play at least 25 games from my library, but I don't have any special plans. I'm at a point in my life at the moment where I just take it as it comes because I don't have the energy or motivation for anything else. I should probably work on changing that, but...well, that's what therapy is for, so I'll see where that takes me too. I do know that if I have another year like this year then "survive" won't be on the cards, because I don't think I can or would want to experience another year like this one. 2023 has been awful and I can't wait to see the back of it.

Back