• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your pokemon team based on your local wildlife

Years
    So I'm building a team around my local wildlife to kind of feel closer to my team and also to make my ingame team feel more real to me. I live in Maryland, USA and I live right near wood and a large pond (probably no more than 75 yards from my front door) and so my area is full of wildlife. I know some of you might live in the city but even in cities you can find animals like birds, rodents, and insects. Also you can count your pet towards your team. Let me show you what I came up with:

Yanmega-my area is littered with dragonflies everywhere.
    Torterra- my pond is full of snapping turtles and turtwig is clearly a snapping turtle. In fact I just fed them some turkey yesterday XD
    Fearow-My pond actually has herons nesting near by and I wish I had a camera to show you guys because they are beautiful birds.
    Seismitoad- my area is full of both frogs and toads but in real life I happen to favor toads so I'd probably choose the toad pokemon.
    Seviper-my area has two kinds of snakes, copperheads and Agkistrodon contortrix mokasens. The Mokasens are a subspecies of Viper so Seviper fits the bill for my snake pokemon.
    Mightyena-my dog is an American Pitbull Terrier and since none of the dog pokemon are pitbulls and she looks most like a Mightyena that's what I'll go with.

Yeah my team has some weaknesses but look at the trainers you face off against in any region. Their teams aren't perfect and usually they are using pokemon from the local area. Give it a shot guys.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Living in the UK, this would be my team:
    Ninetales - Vulpix is the closest thing to Red foxes which are native to the UK. I occasionally find them on a field not far from my house.
    Stoutland – It's based on a Yorkshire terrier and it closely resembles my dog (even though he's a schnauzer).
    Togedemaru - Hedgehogs are native to the UK and I used to have some living in my garden.
    Beautifly - It closely resembles the types of butterflies most common in summer.
    Golduck - There's a canal not far from my house and I always find ducks there.
    Unfezant - Lots of pheasants in the countryside and it evolves from Pidove which is a pidgeon, one of the most common birds in my area and everywhere else in the UK.

pkmin3033

South UK here, I'd probably have a team like this:

Pidgeotto: Pidove/Tranquill are more reminiscent of city pigeons, and I live in a village. Pigeotto are about the right size and shape for the woodpigeons around here, even if the colour is wrong.

Shaymin: We get a fair few hedgehogs around here. Usually they're flattened on the road, but occasionally we have them in the garden too!

Joltik: Most of the spiders I come across are pretty tiny. I'm always fishing money spiders out of my hair. Lots of zebra spiders too, and those can jump pretty damn far.

Pichu: We get more mice than we do rats...it's very rare to see rats, in fact. Pichu is the smallest and cutest, so it'd be what I'd go with. There was also this one time a mouse in our house chewed through our phone cables...

Rotom: I swear our appliances have minds of their own sometimes. My laptop is also the same colour as the RotomDex and never does a bloody thing I want it too, or is always bringing up extremely unhelpful and intrusive notifications for things I already know about.

Venomoth: There are always moths in my room. Of varying shapes and sizes. I'd say they're more common than butterflies.

This is an all-year round team. In the summer I'd have a few different Pokemon.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Bibarel - I'm from Canada so this is a given.

Blaziken - There are a lot of wild turkeys around here, but since I can't think of a turkey Pokémon I went with a chicken.

Lycanroc - I've only seen a wolf once but I know they're around.

Sawsbuck - There are a lot of deer in the woods where I live.

Durant - I'm too afraid of bees and spiders, so an ant is the most likely Bug I can think of including.

Alolan Persian - I have some cats so I might as well add one to my team. ^_^

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    South Florida has some pretty unique wildlife!

Totodile line - Florida is pretty well known for having a large population of both crocodiles and alligators.

Froakie - Given the sub-tropical weather, frogs are everywhere!

Ducklett - Tons of ducks in the specific area where I live.

Mudsdale - I live near an area referred to as Horse Country, and well, you can guess why.

Liepard - Closest thing to a Panther, which is all but extinct in the southern part of Florida. I'll list it here just because it's pretty iconic.

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I live in rural Missouri where there's a lot of farmland, so do domestic Pokemon count?

-Ampharos: Sheep farming is fairly common in the Midwest and we even own a couple of sheep ourselves.

-Crawdaunt: There are lots of lakes, ponds, and creeks where I live making crawdads (what we call crayfish here) fairly common. They did holes in the ground and are fun to hunt for!

-Breloom: Mushrooms are plentiful when it's rainy during Spring to early Summer, and mushroom hunting is a popular activity to do during this time.

-Persian (Kanto Variant): Stray and feral cats have been pretty common where I live, and there are occasional cougars and bobcat sightings as well. Plus I love cats!

-Crobat: Bats are another fairly common animal depending on where you go. We sometimes have bats, but lately I haven't been seeing them...

-Bouffalant: Although they can't be found in the wild in the state anymore, some people will raise bison as livestock. In fact, I live not too far away from some folks who raise bison.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
    This is interesting, let's see.

Kangaskhan - Need the kangaroo in there
    Treeko - Geckos are common
    Politoed - Green tree frogs, we hear them at night
    Noctowl - We are sometimes lucky enough to see owls
    Staraptor - The closest thing to the sea eagles that hang around the rivers and beaches.
    Rattata - For the various rodents.

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Since I currently live in Hawaii, this should be an interesting team.

Lillipup: Since pets are eligible, I'll start with this. Lillipups are designed off of Yorkies, and my dog is half Yorkie and half Shih Tzu. They look sorta similar, even with a very similar fur color.
    Pikpek: A lot, and I mean a LOT of birds fly by my house alone. Mynas, egrets, finches, etc. None of them I can quite pin to an existing Pokemon, but I have seen a bunch of red-headed birds whom I haven't been able to identify yet. They probably aren't woodpeckers, but they look awfully similar to Pikpek.
    Torchic: Out in town, but not quite in city/urban areas, it's not an uncommon site to literally watch a chicken cross the road. Or several. Roosters, chickens, and their chicks are a common sight. A Combusken walking around town while being followed by it's baby Torchic's would be an even more amazing sight.
    Yungoos/Gumshoos: While not super common in my area, I have seen a good handful of mongeese (mongooses?) running around in more wild and heavy on greenery areas.
    Foongus/Amoongus: Quite recently, I bought a "grow your own mushrooms out of a box" kit, and it's been sitting pretty in our kitchen for a while now. It's pretty fascinating to look at!
    Smeargle: Getting a bit creative with this one, but in farther out in town, it's not uncommon to see graffiti covering the entire side of buildings. Some are especially awe inspiring, depicting huge dragons or beachside landscapes. I'd like to think a Smeargle or two was responsible for those.

Years
    Murkrow - Crows here and there and everywhere. They're easily the most common animal that I see around my house.

Wingull - Sea gulls aren't quite as common in the residential areas, but I always see them in parking lots, near stores, etc.

Ursaring - I live a block away from a forested area, and there are a few families of bears that live there. Thankfully I've only seen them twice, and they were both babies.

Mightyena/Lycanroc - Both are based on wolves, but they're the closest Pokemon I can think of to a coyote, so that's why I'd pick one of them.

Zigzagoon - Don't see raccoons as often near my house any more, but I know they're around somewhere.

Decidueye
    - There are a few owl families that live in the aformentioned forest, and while they more resemble Noctowl, I don't really need a third Flying type on my team.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
    I live in Indonesian so...

Oranguru: Orangguru based on Orangutan which Indonesian local animal

Torchic: Chic & Chicken is pretty common in my Granma house.

Lurantis: 10/7.8 Too much Mantis in my house

Politoed: So many Frogs in my Granma House.Remind me of my past where I can't sleep because Frog's Sound

Kommo-o: I just surprised if Kommo-o based on Komodo Dragon.Which only live on Komodo Island

Ducklett: I remember when I almost fall from my bicycles because suddenly there's a bunch of duck appear on road.

Back