• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Roots

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    My mom's side is Telugu (south-eastern India; love rice) and my father's Marathi (western India; love rotis). Though it's the same country, the difference in culture and language mixes things up in our home... ranging from food, clothes to chit-chat (i have to speak three languages at home, one with my mother, one with my father and another for my grandparents).
    That's about it.

Years
    My Mother is 100% English but my Dad is from a small island in the Caribbean called 'St Vincent' and he came over when he was 20! So I'm a mix between those two nations, it has given me a nice olive skin colour imo, and I tan really easily so that's great!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Supposedly my family is mostly German and Dutch. Think it was my great-grandparents (on both sides) that were the first to immigrate to the United States. My dad took some ancestry dna test about a year ago or whenever exactly it was, and while he never showed us the results, he said that the whole mostly German+Dutch thing was basically true, although he said something about how, on his side of the family at least, there is a little bit of "viking ancestry" or something apparently.

Kinda wish that I could see our family tree myself, but I don't know how I'd go about doing that.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    My whole life I was told I was mostly Polish and Irish in heritage.

I took the ancestry DNA test, and was rather surprised when my biggest chunk was actually Nordic, followed by a three way tie for Eastern euro (expected), English (unexpected), and Germanic (extremely unexpected). I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised based on skin tone alone, but it is a bit disappointing that I will never be able to get a tan as long as I live lol. I also have Irish and Russian lineage according to it.

As cool as it is to know what I am in that depth (or at least what they tell me I am), I'd much rather see a family tree. As it stands, the furthest back I know in my family is my great granddad on my mum's side. Not very far back...

Back