• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your starter?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    I has choose Fennekin. ^^
    It was the first generation i choose an fire pokemon.
    In another versions i have every choose the water pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I chose Froakie as my starter in Y. You can't say no to having a ninja frog on your team. Well, I can't anyway. It's pretty damn good, as far as starters go.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I took Froakie because it's design looked very good. Greninja now has been a very worthy pokemon on the team.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I chose frokie, just to get a greninja in the side, that Aldo with ability of protean and I was lucky I got one

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I really liked Fennekin but I loved Froakie. When I saw his design, I knew instantly what he was going to evolve into.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    I ended up starting over since I absolutely hated my in-game nickname and couldnt figure out how to change it.

So I'm sitting here soft-resetting in hopes of getting a shiny Froakie, and will do the same thing for a shiny Charmander. So far the RNG god hasn't been kind...

I ended up starting over since I absolutely hated my in-game nickname and couldnt figure out how to change it.

So I'm sitting here soft-resetting in hopes of getting a shiny Froakie, and will do the same thing for a shiny Charmander. So far the RNG god hasn't been kind...

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I chose Fennekin because I thought it looked a little bit feisty! :)

She is now a fully evolved Delphox and has been my strongest pokemon in many battles.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • Fennekin. Love the design, and the fire/psychic is nice. Didn't know I could get Charmander that early in the game, so I got Bulbasaur instead.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I picked Chespin because I happen to fall under the grass-type minority.
    I was reluctant, though, because Chesnaught has a ridiculous amount of weaknesses while not being Breloom. Of course, the Chespin-line ended up growing on me, even if I did swap him out of the team a couple of times.

I was so shocked to find out that we could have a Kanto starter at the beginning, and I ended up doing the taboo thing by picking Bulbasaur, despite already having another grass-type. Not only is Bulbasaur my favorite Pokémon, but it was an invaluable part of my in-game team. As a Venusaur, it pretty much dominated every single NPC, and I remember vividly when my Mega Venusaur barely pulled through against Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I picked Froakie in X because of my tradition to go with the Water starter in the first play through of a set of games. In Y, I went with Fennekin.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2014
    Froakie, mainly because I thought his design was better than the others, just thought a ninja frog was really cool

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Enjoying my Greninja. Someone gave me a Protean Froakie too I will raise at some point.

I gave up on SR'ing for a shiny starter lmao. Easier to just SR for the nature you want.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I took Froakie. It looked the cutest one for me. When a new Pokemon generation comes out, I try to play it as blindly as possible. So when I choose a starter, I just pick whichever appeals to me the most :)

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    My tradition is the Fire-Type, but my first Pokémon in the Y version was Froakie. Greninja's great design got my attention right away.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • Fennekin! I felt bad for breaking my Water starter tradition, but I wasn't big on Greninja.

My team now consists of Pokemon I've bred, so my Delphox doesn't see much action anymore, unfortunately. He was important when I played through the game, though...

Back