• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yu-Gi-Oh POKeDUEL

Days
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    How do i download step by step please, It shouldn't be this hard to play a fan game, should just be able to download it and play.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    How do i download step by step please, It shouldn't be this hard to play a fan game, should just be able to download it and play.

We aren't allowed to give you the ROM because it's illegal and would get this thread shut down. We can only provide instructions on how to patch. I can assure you that patching the game is incredibly easy. See the "How to Download" section on the main post. If you still can't get it to work, join the discord and we can chat there.

Days
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Defeat Rafael in a duel on 2 island. He'll give you an Orichalchos, then go to Pewter City museum and speak to 1 of the scientists. He'll take your fossil and give you Kyutora

Alright, thank you. Anyway, there is a question mark bug when 3 legendary dragons appeared. When i catch it, i got question mark monster called bulbasaur. Why this happen? Suprisingly, i saw that someone doesn't have this bug.

Days
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Yeah there's something up with your game, I am stuck on the first Brendan and may duel, not because I'm bad but because they won't send out their starters. I can still use moves but there is no target, and I'm on my phone and won't be able to see if I could fix it

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah there's something up with your game, I am stuck on the first Brendan and may duel, not because I'm bad but because they won't send out their starters. I can still use moves but there is no target, and I'm on my phone and won't be able to see if I could fix it
    This is a problem with your emulator.

If using mobile, use My Boy Free

If using a desktop, use MGBA

Years
    • Seen today
    The OP doesn't say which parts of the game are unfinished to explain why this is in the Progressing ROM hacks section. Could you clarify that?

Years
    • Seen today
    The OP doesn't say which parts of the game are unfinished to explain why this is in the Progressing ROM hacks section. Could you clarify that?
    The mods put the game in "progressing rom hacks" section when they approved my post. Technically, the game is complete (and has been complete since 1.0 release) as you can play through the entire game, become champ and reach credits. However, I still regularly release updates and there are still A LOT of plans in terms of future content

Years
    • Seen today
    The mods put the game in "progressing rom hacks" section when they approved my post. Technically, the game is complete (and has been complete since 1.0 release) as you can play through the entire game, become champ and reach credits. However, I still regularly release updates and there are still A LOT of plans in terms of future content
    So I wouldn't run into stuff without sprites, or placeholder graphics anywhere? Either way, seems like a cool hack, nice job.

Years
    • Seen today
    So I wouldn't run into stuff without sprites, or placeholder graphics anywhere? Either way, seems like a cool hack, nice job.
    Correct, everything is complete. Nothing is missing or temporary. You can think of it like Radical Red, where the game is complete, but it still receives regular updates with additional content. I hope you enjoy!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Any chance Light and Darkness Dragon could make an appearance? Perhaps as a Dark or Dragon/Fairy type? One of my favorite cards and would love to see it represented!

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hoo boy. I created an account here, just to say how great of a mod this is. I'm truly enjoying it and I hope it still gets updates in the future. Using the same engine as Radical Red was also a stroke of genius.

Quick Question though: where is the item "Eviomite"? Not the Eviolite, I got that at the Celadon City Super Store. But the Eviomite, I need that for a game like this, so I can use my favorite Monsters without having to worry about evolution getting in the way. I checked the changelog and game documentation, but it only says that the item is new, in the game & prevents evolution when held. But not where to get it.

P.S: Small bug report. I don't think the accuracy dropping part of Flash (the move in battle) works. Which sucks, because it's a much better move than before.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hoo boy. I created an account here, just to say how great of a mod this is. I'm truly enjoying it and I hope it still gets updates in the future. Using the same engine as Radical Red was also a stroke of genius.

Quick Question though: where is the item "Eviomite"? Not the Eviolite, I got that at the Celadon City Super Store. But the Eviomite, I need that for a game like this, so I can use my favorite Monsters without having to worry about evolution getting in the way. I checked the changelog and game documentation, but it only says that the item is new, in the game & prevents evolution when held. But not where to get it.

P.S: Small bug report. I don't think the accuracy dropping part of Flash (the move in battle) works. Which sucks, because it's a much better move than before.
    Hello, I'm glad you like it.

Eviomite can be obtained in Silph Co (on a really long table)

Good catch on the Flash bug. Will be fixed in the next update. And yes, there is still going to be a ton of updates in the future. We have so many plans. The next update will be released probably in the next month or two. Beta testing will happen earlier. Feel free to join the Discord to stay up to date and pinged when it's released :)

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hello, I'm glad you like it.

Eviomite can be obtained in Silph Co (on a really long table)

Good catch on the Flash bug. Will be fixed in the next update. And yes, there is still going to be a ton of updates in the future. We have so many plans. The next update will be released probably in the next month or two. Beta testing will happen earlier. Feel free to join the Discord to stay up to date and pinged when it's released :)
    Thanks for the reply! And I'm so happy to hear that you're still working on this gem. If i run into any bugs, I'll come back to report them here. I only wish I could help more. XD

I won't suggest any monsters or anything. i don't want to be that kind of fanboy. (But I do have ideas. lol)

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the reply! And I'm so happy to hear that you're still working on this gem. If i run into any bugs, I'll come back to report them here. I only wish I could help more. XD

I won't suggest any monsters or anything. i don't want to be that kind of fanboy. (But I do have ideas. lol)
    By all means, make any request you want. Player feedback has a big influence on the direction of the game. The more feedback/requests we get, the better it is for the game :D

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    By all means, make any request you want. Player feedback has a big influence on the direction of the game. The more feedback/requests we get, the better it is for the game :D
    Really? Well, okay! :smile:

- There are no Amazoness cards in the game. My personal favorite is Amazoness Archer (the very first one released), but she could be a chain of Archer < Princess < Queen. Or even Archer could be a standalone like Beaver Warrior and then you could add a Princess < Queen < Empress line. But my vote is for Archer first. Why? We have a lot of Arrow moves that could be given to her. Triple Arrows, Thousand Arrows, Spirit Shackle. Also, Fighting type with Long Reach, really does fit the Amazoness Archer. That's just my personal wish. Also, if you need to see what she looks like from a full body perspective, look at the card "Amazoness Call".

- I don't know if the DexNav works... or at least the chain hunting function works. Because you have to sneak in order to appraoch the Duel Monster. But Auto Run is always on. So unless we can toggle off Auto Run somehow, you can't use the DexNav to chain hunt Duel Monsters. Or just find the one you want in the wild, right away. From my perspective Chain Hunting is mostly useful for getting a Monster with their Hidden Ability.

- Not sure if I said this before, but the best part of this game is that we can use "pre-evolutions" pretty effectively in this game. Allowing us to use weaker Duel Monsters very well. In my current playthrough, I'm having a great time using Red Archery Girl. I'm at the 6th Gym & with Eviolite, she's still usable. So with that in mind... I suggest making Eviolite & Eviomite buyable/farmable somewhere in game. That way, we can get multiple copies for weaker Duel Monsters. Call me crazy, but I kind of want to see how far I can get with Paladin of White Dragon, just because I like its design.

- Some Monsters have only 1 ability. Maybe we can fix that? I can suggest a 2nd ability for some Monsters. But that would make this post too long. Maybe I'll pick a 2nd one, for each one that doesn't have one; in another post. Just to give ideas. Not sure how hard it is to code in new abilities for a monster. But it will take me time to compile that list. I'll also use the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki to look at each card and pick an ability that fits the monster. Again, only for the ones that have only a single ability. Just so each Duel Monster has a second option.

- Vs Seeker: Rematches with "Duelist" Trainers. So first off, I love the fact that we can duel actual characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh series. But we can't rematch them with the Vs. Seeker. Maybe after we become the King of Games, we can use the Vs. Seeker to rematch them? It'd be fun if we can battle Duke or Tristian or Tea again. It'd give us a reason to go back to those routes.

- "Buying Cards", also known as a Move Tutor for the Duel Monster skills. I'll need to explain this one. There are a lot of new moves in the game that are a nod to Yu-Gi-Oh as a whole: Defense Mode, Swords of Revealing Light, Negate Attack, Multiply, Spellbinding Circle, Metalmorph, MST, etc. (Also, I'm glad you added those!) But as the game sits right now... they're only available to certain Monsters who learn it via level up (as far as I know). But that's leaving money on the table. Konami wouldn't do that. :wink: So why not add a "Move Tutor" who could teach any Duel Monster, the moves that are Yu-Gi-Oh Spell/Trap cards? I mean, in theory... when a Monster is "using" Spellbinding Circle as an attack, we - as the Duelist - are just activating that card. So having a move tutor who can teach those moves to ANY Duel Monster would be fun. Also, maybe make them charge 50 Pokedollars for each one. Because Konami wants all the money. Also, something just sounds right about every Monster having access to Defense Mode.

Okay. That's enough from me for now. That's definitely enough suggestions to work with. I'll start working on that list for you and suggesting a 2nd ability for the Duel Monsters with only one. I can at least give a bit more back. But, oh boy. I enjoy this ROM hack so much. Thanks again, for the good time.

Days
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Ok. Now here's that list I'm working on.
    • Illusion Magician - Ok. This is the first form of the Dark Magician line. A simple ability sounds fair. Let's go with Cursed Body. But Zorark's Illusion ability would have been fun to mess with.
    • Dark Magician - The quessential Dual Monster. Let's give him something iconic & powerful. Gen 9 version of Battle Bond would be cool. If not, then Opportunitst. DM deserves a powerful ability.
    • Dark Sage - He's the final form. He doesn't need too strong of an ability. Why not Magic Bounce? Maybe give that to Illusion Magician as well, to make Dark Magician stand out more.
    • Black Chick - Okay. This is a Baby Dragon(?) in an egg. It doesn't need a great alternative. Blaze, should work just fine.
    • Red Eyes Black Dragon - Another signature Dual Monster. Solar Power, Drought, or Tough Claws. It's Yu-Gi-Oh's Charizard. We have options.
    • Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon - Levitate. It loses its Flying typing after all. But maybe Fire/Steel with Levitate is too strong. Aerialte is my alternative suggestion.
    • Paladin of White Dragon - A little biased here, but As One. Most people will evolve it and lose access to this strong ability anyway. If that's too strong, Steelworker. Represents the Paladin's sword.
    • Blue Eyes White Dragon - As iconic as the Dark Magician. Also give it Gen 9's Battle Bond. If that's too much, then Intimitdate. It can share it with Ultimate Dragon.
    • Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon - Well, to be boring, it could share Inner Focus with its pre-evo. Transisitor would be more fun. Power up that White Lightning to the max!
    • Man Eater Bug - So it's a Man Eating Bug. Don't touch it. Rough Skin fits. Or Aftermath.
    • Nobleman Eater Bug - It's a bigger Man Eating Bug. We do the same as above. Rough Skin or Aftermath fit very well.
    • Petit Moth - Ok. I get it. No one is actually supposed to use a Petit Moth. So it has Run Away for a guarnteed Flee or Switch Out. Soo... Wimp Out to guarantee this?
    • Larve Moth - Same as above. Wimp Out.
    • Cocoon of Evolution - Shield Dust. A hint of what you might get from the upcoming evolutions. Or Shell Armor, because it's a tough coccoon? Overcoat maybe?
    • Great Moth - Overcoat feels good here. Their scales protect them from the weather and spores.
    • PU Great Moth - I think Overcoat feels good here too. If Overcoat is too strong for Great Moth, give that one Fluffy and let PU Great Moth keep Overcoat. It is Perfect right? Perfect Defense?
    • Flame Swordsman - Hey! How does he have only one Ability? Not cool. Anyway; Sharpness, Flash Fire, Flame Body, Guts, Justified, Mold Breaker, etc. This is an easy one.
    • Alpha the Magnet Warrior - So it has Magnet Pull, like it's counterpart (Beta). I know! Give it Plus and/or Minus. So all the Magnet Warriors can work together in Double Battles.
    • Beta the Magnet Warrior - Same as above. All of the Magnet Warriors get Plus or Minus. Base Magnet Warriors. Not the fusions.
    • Valkyrion the Magnet Warrior - Steely Spirit or Steelworker fit the best.
    • Beserkion the Magnet Warrior - So whichever one you don't give to Valkyrion, use it here. Steely Spirit or Steelworker.
    • Little D - It is definitely meant to be used in a Sandstorm. So we have options: Sand Force or Sand Rush.
    • Uraby - Same as above. Sand Force or Sand Rush.
    • Black Tyrrano - It already sets up a Sandstorm. So let's let it do it again. Now with Sand Spit. That or Intimidate. Look at this guy. It's scary.
    • Summoned Skull - An iconic Monster. How about Motor Drive or Electric Surge? Or maybe we focus on its Dark typing: Dark Aura fits, but I see it's a Yubel exclusive. Supreme Overlord? Eh...
    • Black Skull Dragon - I see it evolves from Summoned Skull. So maybe it can keep Lightning Rod from it's pre-evo is players want it to?
    • Red Archery Girl - I know why she only has Torrent. But why not Long Reach? It's good for an Archer, but her attack stat is low. Also, she lives in a Shell. So Shell Armor?
    • Legendary Fisherman - I get it. Respect the Sea. But what else can we do? Hydration, Dry Skin for more risk/reward with Rain strats... Water Compaction could be fun. Drizzle to really bring the rain.
    • Legendary Fisherman 2 - I was gonna say Primordial Sea, but I see that was given to The Great Leviathan. So... Drizzle or any of the options I suggested for this Dual Monster's pre-evo.
    • Elemental HERO Avian - Keen Eye? That's a travesty. How about Aerialate? Or Wind Power? If the latter, Avian would need access to ThunderPunch to make good use of it. Gale Wings is an option too.
    • Elemental HERO Flame Wingman - Same as Avian. I also would like to remind you of Delta Stream. But that's too powerful for these two, I believe. Just an option for future Duel monsters.
    • X Head Cannon - It only has Static. So let's go simple: Lightning Rod, Motor Drive, Galvanize is a good option too.
    • XY Dragon Cannon - Same as above. This is a "middle evolution" stage. So nothing too strong, right?
    • XYZ Dragon Cannon - Ok. So let's keep the ones above. But add one more suggestion: Mega Launcher. We have a Cannon. Let's USE IT.
    • Meteor Dragon - Dragon/Rock, huh? Needs more FIRE. Too bad there isn't an ability that grants Fire STAB. So... Flash Fire, Thermal Exchange, Magma Armor, etc.
    • Meteor Black Dragon - Same as above? Maybe give it Drought because... I dunno. A burning Dragon that's also a Meteor would make things around it hot.
    • The Great Leviathan - Ok. I see why he only has one ability. I don't think we need to change that. One of the few.
    • Obelisk The Tormentor - One ability for Obelisk makes sense. But Mold Breaker? We can upgrade that to Teravolt or Turboblaze. Or use Full Metal Body. Or go nuts with Sword of Ruin or Vessel of Ruin.
    • Winged Dragon of Ra - Drought is cool. But we can go even further. Desolate Land. Why not? Frees up Drought for other Dual Monsters.
    • Silfer the Sky Dragon - Lightning Rod? Silfer deserves better than that. Any of the ones, you don't use for Obelisk, could apply to Silfer. On top of those, maybe Shadow Shield.
    • Exodia - I see Pressure is its exclusive ability. Hmm... Vessel of Ruin definitely fits this guy. But Unseen Fist? This would make "The Forbidden One" scary for sure.
    • Exodia Necross - I would like to distinguish Necross from the original. How about Neutralizing Gas? That would be cool. Earth Eater also sounds... fitting. But Mind's Eye... ooh! That's good too.
    • Mokey Mokey - Umm... I never understood this monster. Power Spot isn't being used by anyone, right? Does anyone have Fairy Aura? Also, Hospitality or Healer are more standard options.
    • Mokey Mokey King - I see. He's the Yu-Gi-Oh version of Slaking huh? I guess that means we can't give him a 2nd ability. Slow Start wouldn't work, since it's only 2 turns in this game.
    • Time Wizard - Bruh. We need more than Shadow Tag here. Quick Draw would be funny, to represent a coin flip to go first. But he really needs an unique ability.
    • Sanga of the Thunder - Considering its stats make it seem like a normal monster, it doesn't need s super strong ability. Usual suspects: Lightingrod, Motor Drive, Galvanize, etc.
    • Gate Guardian - I wanna try something crazy here: Normalize. But that might be too ambitious. It is a Guardian... so how about Guard Dog?
    • Alector, Soverign of Birds - A protector of birds? Hmm... Justified? Steadfast? No one is using White Smoke. I don't know this monster well and the Wiki I am using didn't inspire any ideas in me.
    • Elemental HERO Sparkman - Motor Drive fits him the most. Speed Boost would be cool too. I mean, this guy gives me "The Flash" vibes, for sure.
    • Elemental HERO Thundergiant - Earth Eater definitely feels like a good fit here. Bulletproof because he looks like bullets wouldn't hurt him.
    • Magician of Black Chaos - He needs more than Inner Focus. Adaptability feels the most accurate. But some unused skills are Victory Star and Dazzling.
    • Rainbow Dragon - Protean or Libero. It's a Dragon of multiple colors. But I do see that its stats are massive. So to be safe...Color Change or Illuminate.
    • Ghostrick Witch - She only has Levitate? Prankster seems like a nice fit. She doesn't have to be floating, does she?
    • Crittas - Why does Hermos get 2 abilities, but not the others? Fang of Critas... Strong Jaw fits. But how about Marvel Scale? Strong Jaws, Strong Scales? Or, we can use say Moxie. Because why not?
    • Timaeus - He got the short end of the ability stick, huh? Maybe Tinted Lens to compliment CompoundEyes? Or we could go with Filter.
    • Yubel - Remember Summoned Skull's suggestions: Dark Aura or Supreme Overlord? I get that Yubel should have an exclusive signature ability. So maybe swap Dark Aura with Supreme Overlord.
    • Yubel (Terror Incarnate) - I'd assume Yubel would have the same abilities across all 3 evolutions. Options are: Dark Aura, Supreme Overlord, Last Respects, Aura Break or Neuroforce.
    • Yubel (Ultimate Nightmare) - Actually, out of all the options I've suggested, I like Neuroforce the most for Yubel. If not, see above.
    • Slot Machine - Good as Gold. That definitely fits. You might need to code it into the game though, if it's not there.
    • Tyrant Dragon - Another Blaze only? Poor fella. Thankfully, we can just do what we did before: Flash Fire, Thick Fat, Heatproof, Thermal Exchange, etc.
    • Levia-Dragon Daedalus - Is this one a counterpart to Tyrant Dragon? If not, slap Drizzle up here as a 2nd option. Sounds like it fits to me.
    • Niwatori - ... is this the Yu-Gi-Oh version of Azumarill? Would explain Huge Power. If we don't wanna be silly and give it Pure Power, then I think it should keep its solo ability. Wouldn't be viable without it.
    • Meda Bat - ... isn't this Monster just used for EV/IV training? Maybe give it Perish Body, so it can KO itself earlier and have an use in actuall battles?
    • Archfiend Zombie Skull - It only has Innards Out and I can understand why. But Aftermath is also a good alternative.
    • Panther Warrior - Like Mokey Mokey King, I bet this is for balancing purposes. So we leave it with only one ability, I suppose. Truant would nerf our Panther buddy too much.

Notes & Ideas I had while making this list:

• Hmm. It would be cool if the Flame Swordsman had a split evolution line. It already evolves into Dark Flare Knight. But what about the Blue Flame Swordsman? That'd be cool.
    • I didn't know there were so many Magnet Warriors. Gamma not being in the game is the most noticable one. But we also have Delta, Espilon, Sigma & Omega? That's a lot of Duel Monsters, I know. But.. maybe you could throw in Gamma, Delta & Espilon into one "evolution line" and make it a sideways evolution tree, like Scyther - Scizor - Kleavor. That way, no one is stronger than the other. Just a thought. (Also, I am aware that each new Duel Monster would require more Sprite Work. I haven't done that in DECADES.)
    • I want to elaborate more on the idea of giving Gate Guardian the ability Normalize. On one hand, it's thematic. As it would capitalize on Tri-Attack & the idea of Gate Guarding using 3 elements at once. But this could cause some major problems. Gate Guardian would need moves to hit Ghost types and it would also lose out on all Super-Effective hits. But this ability has been left as a Skitty/Delcatty exclusive for a reason. It's a mess to balance. Wind, Water and Electricty, which in Pokemon Types, translates into Flying, Water and Electric types. There isn't a move or ability that combines all 3 of those.
    • If I was to do my favorite Dual Monster, Amazoness Archer, I'd give her Long Reach as a main Ability and for a Hidden Ability Pure Power or Huge Power. Cute Charm as a secondary ability, but that's my bias showing. lol
    • While going through the list, I realized that quite a few of the unique monsters would benefit more from unique abilities. But you only did that once for the Jack/Kings/Queens Knight, so I didn't want to recommend making too many new abilities. But there are a ton of options that should already be in the game. It's worth noting that since NO Pokemon will show up, the abilities of Mega Forms and other forms can be given to various Duel Monsters without worrying too much for balance.
    • I also learned something... this was a LOT MORE work than I expected. But I am glad that I might have saved you some time, in the future. I don't know how many people you have helping you, but if it's not just you... thank you AND your team for working on this.
    Oh man. This took all day! But I really wanted to help out. That said... hoo boy! I'm going to go and chill now. I hope this is of some use to you. Take care. :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for this extremely thorough list. There are some quite good suggestions here. I would recommend joining the Discord since I'm sure others would like to see this.

Days
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Congrants on the game. A real blast and challenging. First a question: how do i get dark cavarly?
    If i could give a few pointers, probably would be some love to the last 2 arcs of the dm anime (champioship and egypt stuff, since there could be the walkyries or fairy tail line cards),some stuff from the movies (specially the latest, that shows new possibilities for cards like Stone soldier and gandora), maybe a few more Water types (only of the more relevant types that i thought there weren't a lot of powerful mons, with a few exceptions) and i think gx is the future, with a lot of cards as possibilities, along with duelists (axel and volcanic as Fire types, jin with his fossils as rock or ground types, cyber darks as dark steel types, adrian with cloudians as water and/or flying types, or with levitate).
    There is also the possibilities for final bosses of both animes to appear, with both zorc and darkness as post game stuff. Also, sacred beasts as egyptian gods primal reversion types would be awesome (or therian).
    Once again, congrats and keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen today
    Congrants on the game. A real blast and challenging. First a question: how do i get dark cavarly?
    If i could give a few pointers, probably would be some love to the last 2 arcs of the dm anime (champioship and egypt stuff, since there could be the walkyries or fairy tail line cards),some stuff from the movies (specially the latest, that shows new possibilities for cards like Stone soldier and gandora), maybe a few more Water types (only of the more relevant types that i thought there weren't a lot of powerful mons, with a few exceptions) and i think gx is the future, with a lot of cards as possibilities, along with duelists (axel and volcanic as Fire types, jin with his fossils as rock or ground types, cyber darks as dark steel types, adrian with cloudians as water and/or flying types, or with levitate).
    There is also the possibilities for final bosses of both animes to appear, with both zorc and darkness as post game stuff. Also, sacred beasts as egyptian gods primal reversion types would be awesome (or therian).
    Once again, congrats and keep up the good work.

Dark Cavalry can be obtained by levelling up gaia the fierce knight at night. Yes, we will continue to add more anime content such as egyptian arc, gx, sacred beasts, 5ds, movie etc. Be sure to check the 1st page post, it has a link to the documentation which contains all the monster info like stats, evos, boss battles etc

Years
  • Sad to learn Dandylion doesn't evolve, I really like that monster. If I may offer a suggestion for a future update, I think Botanical Lion would be a good fit. Similar name and type and all. Great game regardless!! Looking forward to seeing what monsters get added later!
    Update: I just noticed that the home screen music is With The Wind from Vrains and that made me SO happy. 10/10

Last edited:
    Back