• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Yveltal and Xerneas

Which one do you like better: Xerneas or Yveltal?

• Xerneas

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Yveltal

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • But I like them both!

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Neither, they both suck.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • ....Zygarde?

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Xerneas.

Blue > Red
    Rainbows > Darkness
    Life > Death
    Fairy > Dark
    Earth (x-axis) > Skies (y-axis)
    The letter X > The letter Y

The only thing I don't like about Xerneas over Yveltal is how cheap Xerneas is to use competitively. >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2015
    Yveltal gets my vote, I prefer the ones that look tough over ones that are cute.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Yvetal is badass but Xernes is so damn majestic. It looks like something owned by royalty...plus it's Blue! It gets my vote :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I voted "But I like them both!" I don't have a problem with their designs, they both look great, sadly may never get a chance to use them
    (they both appear so late in the game, by then I'm already attached to my team, can't get rid of anyone for the legendary).

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Yveltal gets my vote because it's death incarnate with a kickass typing and moveset along with the opinion that it's a bit more fun to use than Xerneas if you ask me.

Years
    I think both legendaries are really cool, and have neat designs! I like them nearly as much as Ho-oh & Lugia, which is my fave pair of legendaries. (I know Zygarde makes it a trio, but I'm not including it in this case XD) I also thought their involvement with the plot was rather interesting, what with Xerneas bringing forth life and Yveltal destroying crap. It made them sound much cooler and more powerful; if only the battle against them were like that :< Of all the playthroughs I've done, I've managed to catch them after using one-three balls.

Anyway, although I do like them both, I personally prefer Yveltal over Xerneas. I'm very fond of the Fairy type, and I find Xerneas rather useful competitively, but Yveltal comes out superior in terms of design, typing, and backstory. I also like its shiny color palette more it looks like flying bacon; I like both legendaries' signatures moves equally, as Geomancy's pretty cool-looking and useful if utilized correctly while Oblivious Wing sounds deadly (especially if going by its Japanese name, Death Wing) and restores Yveltal's HP based on 75% of the damage dealt.

Years
    I'll always give my favor to Xerneas, despite having purchased Y. It's a beautiful Pokemon, active or inactive, and just overall does more for my team and I than Yveltal would. Just this idea of a beautiful, strong, majestic stag resonates with me more than a bird of death ever could.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I like better Yvetal, but the difference isn't that much. I do think Xerneas is better competitively speaking, but I like better Yvetal's signature move, it is cooler in both appearance, and concept imo.

Also why no Zygarde

Years
    Yveltal, i like it's design more and it's a Dark type which is my favorite type.

Also when it dies, everything in the world dies.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I would always pick Xerneas. I don't like Yvelta that much. Something about it's design pushes me away from it.

Years
    Xerneas is my choice :) I nicknamed the first one I got "Prince" (after Bambi's dad, the prince of the forest lol) and kept it on my team for a while cause it looked so regal and its movepool appealed to me :)

Having said that, Yveltal doesn't lose out by much, I actually prefer its typing cause Dark and Flying are two of my favourites. Being honest this gen was probably the hardest to pick between the two (for me), normally I'm like "well THAT one is clearly the one for me!" which wasn't the case this time around haha :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    They're both really cool Pokemon, but I prefer Xerneas over Yveltal! That's why I played Pokemon X before Y because I wanted to catch Yveltal more! If both Pokemon ever battled it out, I think Yveltal would win though because he just seems more powerful to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    I like them both, but I prefer Xerneas due to me having a preference for cervines, and it reminds me of Princess Mononoke's forest spirit.

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    I'm gonna go with Yvetal because giant draconian raptor > deer with too many antlers. Plus in a battle, I'm going to bet Yvetal's the winner.

Back