• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • I just thought of something, what will Link use as Pokeballs? Sorry if you mentioned it on the first page, i kinda jumped straight here without reading. "-^-

Well, they're gems now, but here's the explanation from near the bottom of the first page. Back when the idea was being thrown around.

I was thinking about that, what if Link received an item, such as a staff or something that needed a certain type of crystal or something to capture and use the monsters? There could be weaker crystals(or whatever), like the pokeball, etc etc etc to the Masterball type crystal? the animation for him sending out the Pokemon would be him using the staff or something. You'd need to buy the crystals from the shops of course.

Crystals would actually be a good idea. I'm just spitballing here, but if there were...say, crystals that were in some way in affiliation to one of the Goddesses that created the planet (Din, Naryu, and Farore). They don't necessarily have to be special crystals, but they vary in quality (and the quality represents their catching power.

And, for the sake of lore, their capturing capabilities are available to Link only because of the Triforce that he bares. That's one idea, at least.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • Hiya~

So I've been following this project since it was nesting in the Beginner's Lounge, but I haven't said anything about it yet, so I figured I might as well.
    I've really taken a liking to this project as a whole, especially the graphical work.

Meowth said:
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME
    I never run into shinies! Like, Ever Ever EVER and yet while messing around with PokeCry this happened:
    I swear, no codes, but I don't have any pokeballs anyways... What BS :D That's terrible.
    Haha, I actually had that happen to me once when I was testing a route for any graphical glitches. The difference was, mine turned out to be a shiny green Wingull. Q_Q -_- sigh...

Meowth said:
    The camera bothers me and I seriously will need some coaching with scripting eventually, but that's not my concern yet.
    If you don't mind, I could offer to help you whenever you get stuck on something dealing with XSE code. I haven't hacked Pokemon in months (busy working on real-life programming classes), but I'm great with XSE and I'd be happy to offer you assistance if you need/want it~

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Thanks for the support, and I'll probably take you up on that Renegade!

I have family visiting this week so I haven't had much time to work on things, but I did finish the ChuChu and Cucco's backsprites and I've been making minisprites for them to have for the menus and boxes. This is all I have for REALLY REALLY complete sprite sets so far:

ql1O2.jpg

Also I've been screwing around with the trainer card, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get the tilemap, as Gba Graphics Editor dumps in only .gba and .bin and NTME only takes .raw or a sphere file, and cyclone won't run on my laptop.

sFTsx.jpg

fcJy5.jpg

((As compared to:
    IW4si.jpg
    ))

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Thanks for the support, and I'll probably take you up on that Renegade!

I have family visiting this week so I haven't had much time to work on things, but I did finish the ChuChu and Cucco's backsprites and I've been making minisprites for them to have for the menus and boxes. This is all I have for REALLY REALLY complete sprite sets so far:

ql1O2.jpg

Also I've been screwing around with the trainer card, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get the tilemap, as Gba Graphics Editor dumps in only .gba and .bin and NTME only takes .raw or a sphere file, and cyclone won't run on my laptop.

sFTsx.jpg

fcJy5.jpg

I shouldn't be up so late lol

I'm digging that trainer card. Especially the tiny triforces at the bottom. :)

Danno

Years
  • I shouldn't be up so late lol

Me either haha.

Thanks, yeah I guess it doesn't matter about tilemapping it right now since I removed the giant pokeball behind the trainer sprite from the tileset and it looks decent enough as it is I guess. I'd still like to know if there's an easier way for tilemaps eventually though because it could really add some flair to this game if I could actually use them.

Danno

Years
  • Yep... mentioned I was messing around with Pokecry on the last page, that's when I ran into my shiny :D

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Thanks for the support, and I'll probably take you up on that Renegade!

Spoiler:
    I shouldn't be up so late lol

The tiny TriForces are the only thing I DON'T like about the new trainer card. Simply because there are only 3 according to Zelda Lore, and this makes it seem as if there are 8 (or 24, if you over-think it lol) but I guess it's a really small issue.

One little note about ChuChus: Shouldn't we have one of each? Green, Blue, Red, Yellow(?), Black, et cetera? Then the shiny counterpart could be a silver-ish version of each? (Lol, Albino Black ChuChu comes to mind xD)

Thanks for reading, really loving this hack's progress! I might have some ideas for other monsters as well, even a couple of Legendaries! (Thief Bird from Majora's Mask comes to mind, if only I knew it's proper name lol) I'll let you know once I sort through my thoughts a bit.

PS I spent like 4 hours last night watching YouTube videos regarding Zelda Theories, so my mind is completely set on the "TetraForce" theory right now. (Which, by the way, is poorly named. Only 2 TriForces in one of the games but they were still called the TriForce of Wisdom and TriForce of Power, so it would still be TriForce, named for the shape being triangular not Tri for 3 pieces.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The tiny TriForces are the only thing I DON'T like about the new trainer card. Simply because there are only 3 according to Zelda Lore, and this makes it seem as if there are 8 (or 24, if you over-think it lol) but I guess it's a really small issue.[/SIZE]
    I don't think it's an issue, solely because the Triforce is used as a design choice for many things in Hyrule. It's a symbol of Hyrule as an entity and is practically an ornament, plastered in many places, so it doesn't at all even seem out of canon that an ID would be ornamented with the same design.

Danno

Years
  • The tiny TriForces are the only thing I DON'T like about the new trainer card. Simply because there are only 3 according to Zelda Lore, and this makes it seem as if there are 8 (or 24, if you over-think it lol) but I guess it's a really small issue.

One little note about ChuChus: Shouldn't we have one of each? Green, Blue, Red, Yellow(?), Black, et cetera? Then the shiny counterpart could be a silver-ish version of each? (Lol, Albino Black ChuChu comes to mind xD)

Thanks for reading, really loving this hack's progress! I might have some ideas for other monsters as well, even a couple of Legendaries! (Thief Bird from Majora's Mask comes to mind, if only I knew it's proper name lol) I'll let you know once I sort through my thoughts a bit.

PS I spent like 4 hours last night watching YouTube videos regarding Zelda Theories, so my mind is completely set on the "TetraForce" theory right now. (Which, by the way, is poorly named. Only 2 TriForces in one of the games but they were still called the TriForce of Wisdom and TriForce of Power, so it would still be TriForce, named for the shape being triangular not Tri for 3 pieces.)

The triforces, as Machomuu said, are used symbolically throughout Hyrule. That isn't the triforce as in the actual triforce, those are the backgrounds of where you'd have your hall of fame/elite 4 pokemon listed on your trainer card.

And the ChuChus, I've talked about that before, as for right now it's a maybe about the alternate colors for the monsters as there are many other creatures I could add instead of flooding the game with boring recolors of the same monster, but I might do it eventually. Not sure yet.

I don't think it's an issue, solely because the Triforce is used as a design choice for many things in Hyrule. It's a symbol of Hyrule as an entity and is practically an ornament, plastered in many places, so it doesn't at all even seem out of canon that an ID would be ornamented with the same design.

Yeah, this. That isn't signifying that you got 6 whole seperate triforces :D

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I don't think it's an issue, solely because the Triforce is used as a design choice for many things in Hyrule. It's a symbol of Hyrule as an entity and is practically an ornament, plastered in many places, so it doesn't at all even seem out of canon that an ID would be ornamented with the same design.

The triforces, as Machomuu said, are used symbolically throughout Hyrule. That isn't the triforce as in the actual triforce, those are the backgrounds of where you'd have your hall of fame/elite 4 pokemon listed on your trainer card.

And the ChuChus, I've talked about that before, as for right now it's a maybe about the alternate colors for the monsters as there are many other creatures I could add instead of flooding the game with boring recolors of the same monster, but I might do it eventually. Not sure yet.

Yeah, this. That isn't signifying that you got 6 whole seperate triforces :D
    I hadn't really given the TriForce subject that much thought, I see now what you mean. Also, sorry I said 8 lol. I wasn't really paying too close of attention when I saw the post before.

ChuChus: Generally when I see them they are in an area that has only ChuChus, and they usually aren't all the same type. Hence why I would rather see them all added. However, if they are meant to be added to multiple areas of the game as a common enemy.. well, then I would rather only have one. It also comes down to how many different kinds of enemies are added. If there are only a few things added, then having more than one ChuChu will really be an annoyance for players, but if there are 50+ unique types of enemies found throughout Hyrule I believe that we should have at least the three most common ChuChus: Red, Green, and Blue.

Legendaries: I've been thinking a bit about this, and I couldn't really come up with much to go with, except for a couple of bosses from various Zelda titles. Volvagia was my first choice. If types come into question, Fire/Dragon for Volvagia. Then we've got Gohma as my second choice. Not sure how hard it would be to implement them though. (Rayquaza remake for Volvagia?) If we need a couple of similar Legendaries, I thought of the witch sisters from OoT.

Other: Have you considered adding human enemies that could be captured? I wouldn't mind running through the game with a team of Gerudo fighting for me xD Just a random thought though.

Also, for badges: How will these be dealt with? Will they still increase stats like Gym Badges from Pokemon? Or have you found a way to change what each badge does in terms of activation of features/stats?

Danno

Years
  • Thanks Spherical Ice, going camping again tonight so I'll mess with it tomorrow, by any chance do you knownif I should load it by compressed or not?

And Lady Prixy I've gone over that the bosses will be legendaries of sorts. I wouldnt be opposed to having gerudos as party members, and the gym badges will be the artifacts at the end of each temple to bypass needing Zelda to get to the sacred realm and fight Ganondorf. Im not focuaing as much on all this yet as im doin graphics and mapping and such before scriptin but the way badges function will be altered at some point, I'd like to make it so HM moves are key items instead for instance.

You should totally font edit the PokeYen money symbol into a rupee. Lemme dig up a reference post so that you don't have to go searching.

Font Editing in FR/LG/E

The reason that practically no FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald hack has custom font is because practically nobody has found it. When you do have it, it's simple enough to edit:

Fire Red

Open your preferred version of Tile Molester and navigate to 0x1F3100. It doesn't look like anything, am I right? Well, go to View>Codec and select 2BPP Linear, reverse-order. There's one copy of your font... but mirrored. At the moment, you'll just have to flip it when you edit it, I can't find another way to do so. :( Each color font uses a different copy of the font image... Strange, huh? The other images are at 0x1FF300 for black, 0x20F618 for blue, and 0x21F930 for red.

They also have separate font width tables. These are what determine how wide each letter in pixels is. The tables are at 0x1FB100 for other, 0x207300 for black, 0x217618 for blue, and 0x227930 for red.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6350348&postcount=1

AND THIS (for help with the font width settings, so that if your rupee symbol is larger than the PokeYen symbol, you can adjust it):

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6817584&postcount=14

Best of luck!

EDIT:
    I'd like to make it so HM moves are key items instead for instance.
    This is actually quite easy to do. You can change the badge and attack checks in your replacement strength boulders/cut trees/rock smash rocks scripts to check for a key item instead before allowing the player to use them. Surf checks are also handled by a script, which was recently found in the Quick R&D Thread. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8400567&postcount=557 is the post. The surf script itself is around that offset quoted at the bottom. Waterfall is handled similarly, but the location of that script hasn't been documented yet (to my knowledge at least). But please do share if you happen to find it!

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • You should totally font edit the PokeYen money symbol into a rupee. Lemme dig up a reference post so that you don't have to go searching.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6350348&postcount=1

AND THIS (for help with the font width settings, so that if your rupee symbol is larger than the PokeYen symbol, you can adjust it):

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6817584&postcount=14

Best of luck!

EDIT:

This is actually quite easy to do. You can change the badge and attack checks in your replacement strength boulders/cut trees/rock smash rocks scripts to check for a key item instead before allowing the player to use them. Surf checks are also handled by a script, which was recently found in the Quick R&D Thread. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8400567&postcount=557 is the post. The surf script itself is around that offset quoted at the bottom. Waterfall is handled similarly, but the location of that script hasn't been documented yet (to my knowledge at least). But please do share if you happen to find it!

Thanks, I've actually been to that table for the font before, however the problem was at the time that the letters from the oracle games are too wide compared to the Pokemon ones... though it could have been for the 'shadow' that's used on the characters. I'm home really early from camping though so I'll crash for a few hours and mess with it later. And for the HMs to Key Items thing, that's great too :) Preferably I'd like it so if you have the flippers, you can just walk right into the water and start swimming for Surf without prompting, not sure how easy it'll be yet but I'm not yet concerned about implementing it.

Thanks for the help and bringing the post right to here though, greatly appreciated :)

EDIT:

Worked some on Link's backsprites, complete with left-handed triforce on the back of his hand. :) 2 more frames left.

iT6XR.jpg

Also found one of these annoying white palettes and managed to turn the background into black... but there're a few more to be found to make everything work.
    CwzgI.jpg

And with some help from DarkSneasel and Itari's tutorial, I successfully inserted this as the pre-gamefreak bootscreen (as soon as you start the game you see this).
    UD8NS.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks, I've actually been to that table for the font before, however the problem was at the time that the letters from the oracle games are too wide compared to the Pokemon ones... though it could have been for the 'shadow' that's used on the characters. I'm home really early from camping though so I'll crash for a few hours and mess with it later. And for the HMs to Key Items thing, that's great too :) Preferably I'd like it so if you have the flippers, you can just walk right into the water and start swimming for Surf without prompting, not sure how easy it'll be yet but I'm not yet concerned about implementing it.

Thanks for the help and bringing the post right to here though, greatly appreciated :)

EDIT:

Worked some on Link's backsprites, complete with left-handed triforce on the back of his hand. :) 2 more frames left.

iT6XR.jpg

Also found one of these annoying white palettes and managed to turn the background into black... but there're a few more to be found to make everything work.
    CwzgI.jpg

And with some help from DarkSneasel and Itari's tutorial, I successfully inserted this as the pre-gamefreak bootscreen (as soon as you start the game you see this).
    UD8NS.jpg

This all looks amazing, the boot screen gives me such nostalgia from the Oracle series. ~

Danno

Years
  • This all looks amazing, the boot screen gives me such nostalgia from the Oracle series. ~

Thanks! That's showing it working in-game, I actually just finished uploading it. The other one is now unlisted. I've got some stuff to do but I'm expecting to do another video today.

EDIT: It's uploading now. Should be about an hour before I have a video showcasing some of the stuff I've worked on.

Last edited:

Danno

Years

• First video showcasing the battle scene. I do intend on changing up a lot more of the graphics in time, but this is just a progress update. Gotta say, personally my favorite part of what's shown in this video is the victory music. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    First video showcasing the battle scene. I do intend on changing up a lot more of the graphics in time, but this is just a progress update. Gotta say, personally my favorite part of what's shown in this video is the victory music. :D

It is absolutely mandatory that you change the sound that plays when a Pokemon levels up to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqkRghWjD0Y

Edit: Oh, and I love the music.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back