• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    I really have no idea at this point. It's hard to tell because I need to get a job/car/place of my own soon... but I did just meet a student of Full-Sail University that may be interested in helping me with the project. :)
    Sounds like you have alot on your plate. If you need to (which it almost sounds like you do) put the project on hold or see if a friend will take over for a while

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Sounds like you have alot on your plate. If you need to (which it almost sounds like you do) put the project on hold or see if a friend will take over for a while

Nah, I'll just work on it a little here and there as I have been doing. Life has been hectic for me for a long time but there's still free time here and there.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Wicked updates man. Can't wait for more,, will look forward to see what comes next.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    How do you change the pokeball's sprite in the battle (The one that rotates)? btw sorry im not english

Danno

Years
  • THE FIRST BOSS.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure yet if I'll be making it a trend for all bosses, but his shiny form is inspired by the Twili of Twilight Princess. Making the backsprite is going to be difficult, as the palette I'm already using won't allow for the eyeball thing on the back of the MM3D Odolwa's head(although this Odolwa is primarily based on that incarnation). I did have to kinda 'chibify' him a little because the detail on the mask wouldn't have looked good any smaller, and even then he's crouching... but it works well with the overall art style of this game IMO.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Holy crap Odolwa as the first boss. I hated that thing when I first played Majora's Mask, the whole flame wall thing was a huge cheap move it pulled. Though it at least kills off his moth swarm. What type is it gonna be? I can see fighting as an option, warrior and all. Perhaps dark as well due to the fact it was the source of the southern swamp's curse. Plus dark types tend to have suprising attacks in their list of moves which would account for the flame wall and swarm attacks nicely.

Danno

Years
  • Holy crap Odolwa as the first boss. I hated that thing when I first played Majora's Mask, the whole flame wall thing was a huge cheap move it pulled. Though it at least kills off his moth swarm. What type is it gonna be? I can see fighting as an option, warrior and all. Perhaps dark as well due to the fact it was the source of the southern swamp's curse. Plus dark types tend to have suprising attacks in their list of moves which would account for the flame wall and swarm attacks nicely.

Sorry, not gonna spoil that. You'll see lol. He's going to be strong, that's for sure, as I've already done his stats and moveset... and he'll have a low catch rate. That part will be necessary because of how easy the game would be if you get him lol.... the bosses are technically legendaries (though he'll be like level 15).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    Hey mate !
    Beside visiting this site for years and playings hackroms for even more, i don't often post there, and i definetely don't post on hack thread without demos.
    However, your game is looking very original and if you manage to put it to the end, you probably will be remembered as one of the best romhack, seriously.
    You are doing a lot of efforts on the graphical aspects. Your creatures basically are not really "fakemon" but hey, they look great and better than other fanmade sprites in general.

I kind of had the idea of a sort of mixing between zelda and pokemon, so you're interesting me furthermore. Unlike if it was my game, i would have chosen to keep the good old real monsters from GameFreak and do a story and HM moves more like Zelda.
    But nevermind, your choice is a cool way of mixing the two too; but please don't fuck with the dongeons.
    Dongeons are a bit important in Pokemon, and are a very fundamental part in Zelda games. But with the first being a turn-per-turn RPG, the second is more an action game. And man, that difference is felt in dungeons.
    Pokemon and Zelda dungeons are very different kind, and i think you should not either do it too Zelda-ish nor too Pokemon-ish. Since the battles are basically Pokemon battles, maybe you should make the dungeons more like in Pokemon game, with a taste of Zelda ? I don't know, but you really have to work this out !

As of the videos of your project i have already seen, i would say that the battle music doesn't sound very epic, but the universe you already have works really really well in the overall.
    Sorry for bad english, i'm a froggie !
    I've seen that you don't want help for graphics, but i have some experience, so if you change your mind, don't hesitate !
    Keep up the good work, this project is very promising.

Danno

Years
  • Hey mate !
    Beside visiting this site for years and playings hackroms for even more, i don't often post there, and i definetely don't post on hack thread without demos.
    However, your game is looking very original and if you manage to put it to the end, you probably will be remembered as one of the best romhack, seriously.
    You are doing a lot of efforts on the graphical aspects. Your creatures basically are not really "fakemon" but hey, they look great and better than other fanmade sprites in general.

I kind of had the idea of a sort of mixing between zelda and pokemon, so you're interesting me furthermore. Unlike if it was my game, i would have chosen to keep the good old real monsters from GameFreak and do a story and HM moves more like Zelda.
    But nevermind, your choice is a cool way of mixing the two too; but please don't psyduck with the dongeons.
    Dongeons are a bit important in Pokemon, and are a very fundamental part in Zelda games. But with the first being a turn-per-turn RPG, the second is more an action game. And man, that difference is felt in dungeons.
    Pokemon and Zelda dungeons are very different kind, and i think you should not either do it too Zelda-ish nor too Pokemon-ish. Since the battles are basically Pokemon battles, maybe you should make the dungeons more like in Pokemon game, with a taste of Zelda ? I don't know, but you really have to work this out !

As of the videos of your project i have already seen, i would say that the battle music doesn't sound very epic, but the universe you already have works really really well in the overall.
    Sorry for bad english, i'm a froggie !
    I've seen that you don't want help for graphics, but i have some experience, so if you change your mind, don't hesitate !
    Keep up the good work, this project is very promising.

Thanks, yeah the dungeons have a lot of work that needs to be done, and they're going to be very Zelda-like actually. I still need to work on adding switches, keys and minecarts. The music that you've heard for battles is the basic wild-battle music from Twilight Princess. I assure you, the more epic battles will have fitting music lol.

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

I'll be attempting to add more cries and stuff soon. Today I spent time optimizing stats and movesets for what I had in-game already.

EDIT: I edited his sprite to match the new backsprite better. Also, the cry sounds awesome in-game.

EDIT AGAIN:

Finished his overworld. Sadly, the 32x32 sprites don't seem to allow for animation without modification, so even though I have 2 frames for him he now has to stand still like the legendary birds in Firered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    Looks good. The overworld sprite is a bit flashy though (body and shield). :)

Danno

Years
  • Looks good. The overworld sprite is a bit flashy though (body and shield). :)

Yep, he's a boss lol... technically a legendary. Wouldn't want him to not be flashy compared to most.

example of a normal boss in the oracle games

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • Well, that one is not flashy :p

Oh well. The old game only had 4 colors per overworld(one of which was transparent, one was black)... if having extra colors makes it flashy, then you're gonna have to either deal with it or not play lol, because my game's overworlds have more colors

Danno

Years
  • So I have a new way I'll be doing things, hopefully from now on. When it comes to setting up scripts, I think it might be easier to do it first in RPG Maker XP and then change it over to XSE scripts, especially when it comes to movement of characters. I've gone ahead and setup a sandbox RMXP file where I can do testing of that kind of stuff, and even took my tilesets directly from Advancemap and put them in (transparency is gone, but it doesn't matter.)

Example:
    Spoiler:

I can also add in where I'll do BGM changes and sound effects. Don't worry, I'm not going overboard on porting the game to RMXP. Not even going to insert all the custom overworlds, as you can see from this screenshot:

So TLDR, I'll use RMXP to plan scripts and potentially even maps before I try to put them into the game, but I'm not switching engines, this is still a hack. That's just a tool I'm using. :)

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • Working on getting rid of everything in the incomplete sprites section... finally, after like half a year, got a decent looking backsprite done for Dimitri (the red 'dragon-looking' thing near the bottom) :)

ChuSlime's selection sprite will be easy, but the Zora's Backsprite will probably have me fussing over it for a little while lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back